UK theme parks from another point of view!

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fastrack passes at Thorpe Park ??

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi all, anyone know how much these cost and what they include? Off at half term in May and I will be the only 'adult' rider in my party so don't want to have to leave the kids with the wife for too long whilst I queue.

Mattmash
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Fastrack passes at Thorpe Park ??

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Had a quick look at Thorpe's website and also Thorpe Park Mania but couldn't find any real information on the fastracks for 2009. Hopefully it should be widely known after this coming Saturday when the season starts in full.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:27 pm

The packages available tend to change slightly every season so best to wait till closer to the time to see what is on offer

Crofty

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:10 am

With any luck they will have got rid of them all together after the shambles of last year.
If they haven't you can get them free from guest services when if you have a complaint to make. :D

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:05 am

They're pretty much the same as last year AFAIK.

There is an addition of Saw somewhere, probably on its own like Stealth. No doubt some extortionate price.

AstroDan

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 am

Hopefully they will cut the number available, particularly on the rides which really suffer - such as Samurai!

I also hear that Samurai's queue has been extended... it already used to get very, very long...!

:?

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:15 am

Yes, Thorpe Park saw fit to add another few rows of cattlepen.

Of course they could have built a decent queue line instead...

Chris J
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:12 am

There's not really any space for a decent queue line, it's pushed up right against the water edge as it is.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:28 am

No it's not.

Now they've infilled there's plenty of space for a decent queue line. At the very least they could have built a queue line similar to the one it had at Chessington.

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:50 am

Am I making a mistake in visiting Thorpe? I had hoped I could spend a day 'fasttracking' the big rides and then going on the others with the kids but it sounds like this wouldn't be as easy as it sounds!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Am I making a mistake in visiting Thorpe? I had hoped I could spend a day 'fasttracking' the big rides and then going on the others with the kids but it sounds like this wouldn't be as easy as it sounds!

Not at all. As long as you prepare to spend a lot in order to beat the queues with Fastrack.

Even on the busiest days if you arrive on opening you can get the entire park done within 2 hours if your clever.

Fastrack prices this year I believe are around £9 for the combo tickets of which there will probably be two different types (coasters and flat rides or something) and probably roughly £5 for the single Stealth/Saw tickets.

Although, you could of course remortgage and get Ultimate Fastrack.

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:29 pm

"Adz" wrote:

Not at all. As long as you prepare to spend a lot in order to beat the queues with Fastrack.

Even on the busiest days if you arrive on opening you can get the entire park done within 2 hours if your clever.

Fastrack prices this year I believe are around £9 for the combo tickets of which there will probably be two different types (coasters and flat rides or something) and probably roughly £5 for the single Stealth/Saw tickets.

Although, you could of course remortgage and get Ultimate Fastrack.

LOL, Ultimate Fastrack sounds interesting but probably expensive, I did similar in the states at Magic Mountain and it was a waste of money, I ended up entering each queue at a point where it was still an hour wait! I complained and had it refunded but I recall it was almost as much as a full park ticket to get the fastrack one :evil:

John
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
I also hear that Samurai's queue has been extended... it already used to get very, very long...!

:?

Yeah, I spotted that, looks like they've added an extra 30min or so capacity (hard to tell exactly from the pics), it gets insane Qs anyway without the extension. I can easily see it getting filled during fright nights, so that's over 90 minutes for a topscan :shock: . They've also added a bit to colossus, though its much less significant and only really replaces the section lost due to the saw access path.

Regarding fastrack, its all a bit confusing, its now available on 6 coasters (5 if you don't count FF, which isn't advertised), 3 water rides and 4 flats, so its anyone's guess how it'll work this year. The whole situation regarding fastrack at thorpe is an absolute farce really.

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:47 pm

According to a post on TPM the fastrack packages are as follows

EXTREME - £9
Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, X:| No Way Out, Loggers Leap OR Tidal Wave

ACCELERATOR - Stealth, Samurai, Vortex and Rush

SAW - The Ride AND Stealth - Singles - £4 Each

Singles All Rides With Fastrack EXCLUDING SAW - The Ride And Stealth £3 Each.

This post was made in February so they may have changed slightly since.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:46 am

"TB2" wrote:
According to a post on TPM the fastrack packages are as follows

EXTREME - £9
Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, X:| No Way Out, Loggers Leap OR Tidal Wave

ACCELERATOR - Stealth, Samurai, Vortex and Rush

SAW - The Ride AND Stealth - Singles - £4 Each

Singles All Rides With Fastrack EXCLUDING SAW - The Ride And Stealth £3 Each.

This post was made in February so they may have changed slightly since.

Thanks for this, they really know how to rip you off don't they, why can't they just sell a fastrack pass that covers ALL the major rides :evil:

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks for this, they really know how to rip you off don't they, why can't they just sell a fastrack pass that covers ALL the major rides :evil:

They do.. It's called 'Ultimate'.

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:48 am

"Adz" wrote:

They do.. It's called 'Ultimate'.

Oh right, misunderstood that bit, will have to check out the price on that, anyone know if it's worth it i.e where do you enter the line with the fastrack? Been to some parks in the US where it works well and you walk straight on each time but others where you still end up with a 20 minute+ wait.

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Ultimate Fastrack's £50 which is very expensive if you've forked out money for a day ticket as well but having said that, it must be fairly popular as I've seen quite a lot of people with them!

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:03 pm

£ 50 ! No chance of that then, I would be in the divorce courts :shock:

---- Post Info Added ----

Now the parks are open has anyone been and know the actual prices for this season? Also if it's worth it, do you really cut out the queue or join it at a stage where you still wait for ages (like Six Flags!)

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:23 pm

"Luce" wrote:
Ultimate Fastrack's £50 which is very expensive if you've forked out money for a day ticket as well but having said that, it must be fairly popular as I've seen quite a lot of people with them!

It can also only be used on rides which have fastrack as well, so even more of a rip-off, as you will still have to queue normally for non-fastrack rides