UK theme parks from another point of view!

amylovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari Closes

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Do you think they will keep using the queline for one of the Fright Night attractions (can't remember what it's called)?
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:34 pm

"Koopa-Troopa" wrote:
I actually think Saw will add to the charm. If only it was built instead of Colossus. How it would be different. :)

Well we've got both so that's better surely :P
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:21 pm

I think this would actually be an ideal place for a haunted house ride if they expanded it in where the carousel is and the stage then themed it into a scary amazonian jungle theme
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am

Its likely, with only the carousel and banana boat ride left in Rangers County, the area will become part of either Canada Creek or Calypso Quay, CC would be the best place for Haunted House esque attraction.

Saying that, they will already have Saw, a haunted horror style attraction in that area, so they might look into putting a HH somwhere else, like maybe in Lost City if they broke up the cluster of flats they currently have there.

Personally I think one of the flats they have there, Vortex could be moved to Amity Cove, it suits the theme.

Or, they might choose to build one on these proposed new islands they want to build by filling in more of the lake.

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:55 am

"TB2""][quote=""Koopa-Troopa" wrote:
I actually think Saw will add to the charm. If only it was built instead of Colossus. How it would be different. :)

Well we've got both so that's better surely :P[/quote]

It was just one of my 'what-if' moments, like if THORPE PARK added Saw-The Ride instead of Colossus, what direction thry'd be in. :)

I'm random like that.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Am I right in saying that the Mr Monkeys Tropical Travels ride building still stands next to Miss Hippos Fungle Safari? It's been closed for years now, why is it still there?

AstroDan

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Is that the building used for Asylum?

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:14 pm

From what id heard all that is left of Tropical Travels is the nemesis shop.
The building next to fungle safari was rangers showcase that used to be more of a theatre and was inside i think

yop0f
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:39 pm

It's an outdoor car-ride attraction with jungle models. So I believe. Anyway, I think this could be a sign of Thorpe Park expanding their market. There's a good enough size for a half-decent family coaster in the space it used. :) [/quote]

Are you joking?! The area it covered was tiny!

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:55 pm

*Hopefully* it has been cleared to make way for a Haunted House or something. I mean, the space where the Fungle Safari used to be could be the area where the q line would be.
Just a thought.
Could be a potentially amazing addition to Canada Creek if built in this area.
The Haunted Shack anyone?

yop0f
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:08 pm

"CoasterCrazyChris" wrote:
*Hopefully* it has been cleared to make way for a Haunted House or something. I mean, the space where the Fungle Safari used to be could be the area where the q line would be.
Just a thought.

There really isn't enough space for a dark ride.

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:10 pm

"yop0f""][quote=""CoasterCrazyChris" wrote:
Just a thought.

There really isn't enough space for a dark ride.[/quote]

There could be enough space for a dark ride, just not it's queue line. :)

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:12 pm

There is enough space if they did something on the whole of Rangers Country as there is really nothing impressive there instead on just the fungle safari site. The stadium is only used in frite nights which could be relocated and the carousel can easily be replaced.

AdrenalineAlex

Ranger County

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Has anyone got any news on this area of the park? It's been pretty dead with nothing happening for the past few years... I know they're using the old attractions queue for a Fright Night Maze queue, but has anyone heard anything? It just really bugs me it just sits there rotting away with the exception of the restaurant opposite the old attraction, (forgotten the name).

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: THORPE PARK: Ranger County

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm

I just assumed they'd merged it with Calypso Quay - if that still exists.

:)

AdrenalineAlex

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:18 pm

"CoasterCrazyChris" wrote:
I just assumed they'd merged it with Calypso Quay - if that still exists.

:)

When I went last year the queue and the entrance was still there, just barred off, and it looks silly, it's not marked as Ranger County anymore I don't think but they could easily demolish the left over things and just build something new there I thought:s

Rowe

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:32 am

Since 2000, i.e. the Wicked Witches Haunt fire year that ripped out part of Mr Rabbit's Tropical Travels, we have heard nothing from Thorpe Park on any changes to what was Ranger County aside from the removal of Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari.

There isn't much to be done with the area aside from remove the final standing Ranger rides and arena (New for 2011: Storm Surge boat storage) for a new flat or small coaster but even there I can't see how that would be done.

Benzin
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Thorpe don't believe in themed areas these days anyways...

Whilst they exist, they're not really recognised by the park, as seen on the map...

Besides, Ranger County is dying a slow death, what with only the Banana Boat and Carousel... It defo needs something new now though especially with Octopus Garden having gone... But... God knows with Thorpe...

AdrenalineAlex

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Surely they could fit something there, I mean I was never really a fan of Ranger County anyway, with the exception of Magic Mill but I just feel that area is so neglected and just seems like a route to get to another area. I never stop in Ranger County to visit anything only to get to SAW/Colossus from Nemesis. Haha, STORM SURGE BOAT STORAGE. Brilliant! I would of thought if Thorpe are aiming themselves at thrillseekers and not families as much anymore they would remove the Banana Boat ride and the Merry Go Round and perhaps renovate the whole area to put something new there. In my opinion, it's the least popular part of the park. It needs some TLC!

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm

"Benzin" wrote:
Thorpe don't believe in themed areas these days anyways...

You say that, but the 'story' of Storm Surge clearly stated that the ride was in Amity Cove - so they are obviously still using them.