UK theme parks from another point of view!

jb19852
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park 2015 Coaster

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Don't_Look_Down wrote:

That won't happen for several reasons. TP already have two coasters with a vertical element, and besides, Alton have exclusivity over the dive model with Oblivion. I doubt we'll ever see another dive machine in the UK.

er no they dont.

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Stealth and Saw...

He didn't mean physically vertical (although Stealth is), He just meant that they have 2 rides with some emphasis on vertical angle.

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks Sam! I though it was fairly obvious what I'd typed before  :roll:
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

jb19852
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Sam198 wrote:
Stealth and Saw...

He didn't mean physically vertical (although Stealth is), He just meant that they have 2 rides with some emphasis on vertical angle.

I actually meant the Alton have exclusivity over the dive model with Oblivion. I understood the rest

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:44 am

jb19852 wrote:
completely contradicitng my earlier post as i still believe we will see a double B&M deal, but i would like Merlin to invest in a worlds 1st thrilling gimmicky coaster at Thorpe.

As much as we know AT will always look to this as their reputation is based on it, i would like to see something innovative at Thorpe.

Thorpe have their share of records, Worlds First backwards in the dark coaster, worlds first 10 looping coaster, worlds first horror coaster, plus the tallest log flume in the UK, Tidal was the tallest water ride, Swarm is the first winged coaster in the UK. Don't forget the most coaster breakdowns in Europe too :P
If you go down to the woods today

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 pm

jb19852 wrote:
Sam198 wrote:
Stealth and Saw...

I actually meant the Alton have exclusivity over the dive model with Oblivion. I understood the rest

Well they do really, as Oblivion is their most iconic ride. The GP in this country associate the dive machine with Alton Towers.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

jb19852
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Don't_Look_Down wrote:
jb19852 wrote:
Sam198 wrote:
Stealth and Saw...

Well they do really, as Oblivion is their most iconic ride. The GP in this country associate the dive machine with Alton Towers.

I see your point but there is no real exclusivity  contract. in short, if drayton or thorpe, or some random park wanted to build one, they could

thorpe fan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm

can i just not to the woodies that the images looks like they go upside down but they have had planned to put a woodie in saw's position and a second option so you never know if they will change the plans.

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 am

I personally think a woodie is the right choice for Thorpe, possibly a racer?
I would love it!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 am

Strong possibility, last I heard! :)

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Adz wrote:

Is that Outlaw run, silver dollar city?

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Marcus Assab wrote:
Adz wrote:

Is that Outlaw run, silver dollar city?

Yes it is Marcus. I personally would love to see a RMC woodie at thorpe! :D

JD81
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:12 am

Absolutely, couldn't agree more as it looks totally insane!

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Ok, as said before Thorpe park are still in a deal with B&M what B&M would you like to see there, and can you create a layout?

Credit to NemesisRider

Coasterfreck
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Personally I would love a Mack Mega or Launch coaster. Mack have totally proven that they can produce an amazing thrilling coaster, based on the three installed models (Blue Fire, Manta - San Diego and The Storm) and plus the concept of Liseberg's Project Helix looks amazing, and the Blue Fire train technology is fantastic.

Anyway in my dreams, Chessington and Thorpe would both get one of these, the Chessington one with no inversions and the Thorpe one with inversion. :)

On the note of the B&M deal, Merlin made a deal for three coasters, and all of them have been completed; Krake, Raptor and The Swarm, so I don't think we will be getting another B&M at TP or any Merlin park any time soon.
Last edited by Coasterfreck on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterfreck - Simba - CoasterZone Admin

rjwalsh95
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:27 am

The Uk really needs more Woodies but sounds like its a big NO. Just because of fire safety, doesn't mean they can ban them, might aswell ban them from worldwide!  :raving:
Last edited by rjwalsh95 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.J.Walsh (Don't ask!)

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:18 pm

don't really know which topic this is relevant in... but just noticed if you look at thorpe park on google maps at current, it appears to be from 2008/2009 when the Saw The Ride was being built; at this time you can also see work being done where Saw Alive is to go in 2010, and work on the island where The Swarm is to be as well! You can also see the island next to Stealth and The Swarm which is a possible location for the next big coatser...
Image 2014

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:33 pm

The point i'm trying to make is... if you look on Bing maps it doesn't show Saw The Ride being built, but the land being prepared, and The Swarm island hasn't been created, or the island next to The Swarm, which is different and now appear on the Google Maps from 2008/2009. So makes you think they are planning that far ahead and knowing what their locations are going to be for the future rides.
Image 2014

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 am

With such a small foot print of land, they need to use it wisely, I believe after making the islands, they need to let them settle for a few years.

It must cost a fortune, Alton have to dig deep expensive holes in the ground for their rides, Thorpe have to move soil to make islands for theirs.
If you go down to the woods today

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:56 am

if you think about it, sw7 at alton towers is the only rollercoaster since nemesis to have a considerable amount of landscaping done to fit the rides... Alton not being allowed above tree height really, meaning they have to build the rides into the ground, and thorpe with limited land so have to create islands to fit new rides; they don't really help themselves lol!
Image 2014