UK theme parks from another point of view!

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Next Coaster

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:31 am

Thrillmad wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
heathrow may close

:-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s......what could possibly make you think.........

Possibly the news report the other day  :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT THE HELL HAVE I MISSED, the only known info i've had on Heathrow in the past few days was concerning the fire on the Ethiopian Airlines 787......  :shock: Tell me more oh great and knowledgable Thrillmad.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 am

SwEDEN wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
heathrow may close

:-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s......what could possibly make you think.........

Possibly the news report the other day  :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT THE HELL HAVE I MISSED, the only known info i've had on Heathrow in the past few days was concerning the fire on the Ethiopian Airlines 787......  :shock: Tell me more oh great and knowledgable Thrillmad.

Well all they said was that if the plans go ahed there's a high chance Heathrow can be closed, I didn't hear things ether as I rewinded it and listened again

Alex.D
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Nooooooo! You can close heathrow. The new airport would have to be absolutely huge to compensate.And with the money troubles we have. I dont think this will happen. Also on topic. The new coaster should now be a nice family thrill ride. Like th13teen!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Alex.D wrote:
Nooooooo! You can close heathrow. The new airport would have to be absolutely huge to compensate.And with the money troubles we have. I dont think this will happen. Also on topic. The new coaster should now be a nice family thrill ride. Like th13teen!

Well it's sorta been seen its planned to be higher than the swarm so...that's one mother of a family thrill! :shock:

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:49 pm

I think we all shouldn't feel too demoralised if Thorpe are not going to give us a new coaster until 2017. Looks like the Crash Pad is going well for them and this will hopefully mean in the near future, the park will turn into a 'resort'. Also, I thought the development plan said the park were going to install a few flat rides in the coming years. Is this still going to happen? Thorpe have been quite inventive with their flat rides in the past... hopefully this can be something they will incorporate with their new additions.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alex.D
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
Alex.D wrote:

Well it's sorta been seen its planned to be higher than the swarm so...that's one mother of a family thrill! :shock:

Well plans can change. They would be better off waiting until 2020 I believe, so they can build a HUGE coaster taller than stealth. About 350ft tall. It would make a nice hyper coaster. In 2016 or 2017 they should build a family coaster to bring in more families as they seem to be trying to become a more family orientated park.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:43 pm

I highly doubt there will be no coasters until 2020. I think we'll see a coaster in 2016, a thrill coaster. But until then, I think we'll see a couple of flats aimed at families. Maybe a thrilling flat to attract the yobs.

JBragg1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:54 pm

I went to Thorpe park and they said they have a new ride every 2 years

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Plus they won't keep us waiting to long or people will start to get bored of going on the same rides...

Credit to NemesisRider

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:53 pm

jbragg1 wrote:

That's a blatant lie,unless they said At Least every two years
Storm surge and The Swarm

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 pm

jbragg1 wrote:
who is they?
since when has thorpe been able to talk
Image credit to Lewis97

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Maybe he talks to the rides? Might be some sort of medical condition ;)

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 pm

If it means waiting for an extra 2 years for a coaster then hopefully 2 new flats, one to replace slammer as its closed more than its open, should come along as there is no way they could keep the numbers or increase them if they don't have anything new for 3 - 5 years.
As for the events they are clearly trails to see what will up the crash pad numbers. As for the person who suggested ERT for the crash pad people they all ready do. They get early access to the swarm and the park opens half an hour early. The events are just there to keep there market happy as teenagers are often up late and that's when they want to do things.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.

thorpetowersfan14
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 am

personally Thorpe Park are running out of of space! Collossus should be removed as its too bumpy and huge space for a hyper coaster, but the hyper coaster has to be Thorpe Park's best ride there should be a worlds first element to it and splashdown element like Shambhala anyone agree?

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:14 am

thorpetowersfan14 wrote:
personally Thorpe Park are running out of of space! Collossus should be removed as its too bumpy and huge space for a hyper coaster, but the hyper coaster has to be Thorpe Park's best ride there should be a worlds first element to it and splashdown element like Shambhala anyone agree?

No. Colossus won't be removed, it's popular. The footprint is completely the wrong shape for a hyper anyway.
And they're definitely not running out of space, at all. They have plenty of space for more coasters, let alone flat rides!  :roll:

JBragg1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 am

DrReeve wrote:
jbragg1 wrote:
who is they?
a Thorpe park staff who was outside vortex

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:58 am

jbragg1 wrote:
DrReeve wrote:
jbragg1 wrote:
who is they?
a Thorpe park staff who was outside vortex

By 'ride' they don't necessarily mean a coaster as  it could be some sort of flat ride or water ride. Although nothing was added this year, there was the major refurb of X, and the addition of The Swarm's BIB. They have to add something, or make dramatic changes (like they've done this year), every year, to give people a reason to return for the next season

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Soon people will be saying how much the park need a Eurofighter...  :roll:
Last edited by Altitude on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cookie Monster
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:52 pm

i think Thorpe would look good with a hyper coaster with maybe a stealth top hat but not as tall, also as altitude said  about a euro fighter (i know Thorpe have one) maybe get new cars, ones like the Smiler for saw but my wishful thinking may not be able to be reality due to saws track suited to a 2 car train with more tighter turns ( i don't know much about euro fighters sorry :( ).

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Maybe gerst could do a first for them and have a Eurofighter with smiler type trains, and more hills and airtime rather than inversions (they have saw and colossus)!