UK theme parks from another point of view!

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Next Coaster

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:05 am

It's still working on the ground is it not? That's what I said

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:15 am

danny.g97 wrote:
It's still working on the ground is it not? That's what I said

Yes, fundamentally there are groundworks going on, but I think what people are trying to say is that these groundworks are probably not specifically for a coaster. It's obvious, that in the next few years, rides will be built on that island, and I think they are currently preparing it generally for whatever gets planned.
Last edited by lewis97 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deeve
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Just been to thorpe today and had a thought about what is next. Thorpe needs non looping coasters. Im not one that thinks becsuse the park has a launch coaster then it cant have another.
Doubt it will be Flyer, Dive machinę, woodie, 4d, dark ride, hypers,stand up or floorless. My money is on something like cheetah hunt and verbolten at the two busch gardens.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 pm

deeve wrote:
Just been to thorpe today and had a thought about what is next. Thorpe needs non looping coasters. Im not one that thinks becsuse the park has a launch coaster then it cant have another.
Doubt it will be Flyer, Dive machinę, woodie, 4d, dark ride, hypers,stand up or floorless. My money is on something like cheetah hunt and verbolten at the two busch gardens.

Did you happen to get any pics of the island for the 2015 coaster?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Ilovecoasters wrote:
deeve wrote:

Did you happen to get any pics of the island for the 2015 coaster?

Or any pictures of the horror mazes?

deeve
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm

No pics im affraid. 2015 looks like it will be 2016. The park needs other stuff sorting out before a major ride is built. New flat rides a 4d cinema attraction and some tarting up of the płace. All coasters were working and ques moderate. 

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Tbh its like people are ASSUMING its going to be 2016 when there is no real proof. Thorpe will do what they're going to do... None of us know what they're ACTUALLY doing!  :roll:
Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:36 am

They're doing ground work now, they've got a year

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Ilovecoasters wrote:

Well really they have a year and a half. If not 2 years and a half
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 pm

sw7nutter wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

Well really they have a year and a half. If not 2 years and a half

Exactly, if they have a yer and a half and they've already started, then I think it's likely we'll get it for 2015 even if not right at the start (the smiler situation)

LoopyDan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:15 pm

I'm going to ride Cheetah Hunt when I go to Florida, but from what I've seen of it I'd like to see a multi-launch at Thorpe! (Even though I'm about 2 1/2 hours from TP  :cry:)

JBragg1
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:15 pm

One of the staff at Thorpe park said they will defenetly have a rollercoasters in 2015

Senator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:21 pm

JBragg1 wrote:
One of the staff at Thorpe park said they will defenetly have a rollercoasters in 2015

If that is the case that means planning permission must be within the next few months be visible online?

Thanks NickiFan

Danny

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:34 pm

And a member of Towers' management can be quoted from in 2012 saying that had learnt their lesson and The Smiler would definitely be open "on time in March 2013"...

It's best not to believe everything you hear, even if it comes from the mouth of a staff member.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Well my MAP expires in April, so unless Thorpe or Alton build something impressive, I won't be going.
If you go down to the woods today

Tom.B

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:29 pm

I'd like to see a standup ride! Hopefully something longer, and better themed than Shockwave! D'you know what i'm sayin'? ;)

JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Tommo23 wrote:
I'd like to see a standup ride! Hopefully something longer, and better themed than Shockwave! D'you know what i'm sayin'? ;)
Yes! I was just about to say that. I actually really enjoyed Shockwave, and found it both thrilling and not uncomfortable in any way. It was a little rattly (but it is the same age as Nemesis at AT remember!) but apart from that, I thought it was great! If the loading is worked on just a little bit to make it quicker (make it more similar to Apocalypse's stand up loading mechanism) then it could be a really good coaster!

Why does everybody say Shockwave is so painful/uncomfortable?

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:49 pm

I've never been on shockwave but it bugs me that the current track layout could fit another 3 inversions in and that it is so short. However I'm yet to ride!

JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:41 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
I've never been on shockwave but it bugs me that the current track layout could fit another 3 inversions in and that it is so short. However I'm yet to ride!
I definately agree that the layout could have been better, but when you are riding it, the long straight after the zero G roll is not actually too long or boring and it doesnt lose pace that much. It is very fun!

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:16 pm

I'd love an inverted drop like the smiler! Another inversion or airtime hill on the straight and a final barrel roll before hitting the brake run :)