UK theme parks from another point of view!

archie.mm
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - New Indoor Attraction 2016

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:34 pm

I went to the Southparks event yesterday and it was very good.
When we were doing the big top BTS our guide said there were clues to WC16 and one inparticular was a big hint according to him. The clue was the box in which a person usually sits in and pretends to be a robot or automaton and then bangs on the box to scare you. On the box were cogs which were decorative. This ties in with the clues that have been released. Robots, cogs and fear. I still dont know what it could be though.

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Part of me doesn't want to know until I walk through the door into the ride building :)

N3m3s1s
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:10 pm

I have a strong feeling that the ride is going to be about converting the riders into automatons. This picture (courtesy of Thorpe Park Mania) kind of supports that idea:

Our 'minds are wanted' for these robots that are being built, and that is the island's dark secret.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:18 pm

This marketing is going the same way as the smilers, little videos, mini sites and now t shirts with a logo on. The smiling face logo t shirts was released around now and that was the final logo, I think we've been given the final logo, the countdown is for a insight on the theme or name.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Maybe this is a similar style to The Smiler. The Ring Leader is the head of the operation and is turning people into machines, aka what is in the box on the mid way point of THE BIG TOP. *THE BIG TOP SPOILER* She also hits the glass of the box, possibly to get the people to save her? Also he might have the hostages in the second half of the maze to turn into machines, but is waiting for his new inversion (WC16) to mass produce his new machines?

We could also assume all the actors in the circus are machines as I believe that The Figaro Bros. circus was closed for years, it would explain why they haven't aged.

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Hopefully automatons means there'll be human sized animatronics involved in the ride :)

And clockwork style no less, I like it.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Thorpe park are calling them 'WC16 teaser t shirts' and there are three designs, a black tshirt with he eye on, the grey one with the cogs on (a few posts up) and a white one with hand prints on. I'm feeling like the big top actors are automatons, and you will be turned into one, something to do with your mind gets taken, your fingerprints and the cog is the midway process of being turned into an automaton. I'm more hyped for this than I was for any coaster, the marketing is great!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Although I'm not completely fond of the Derren Brown suggestion, out of curiosity I just looked up what time his 'Miracle' shows start. It's almost always at 7.30pm...

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Hmm interesting but whenever I've been to the theatre or a concert, the doors open or the show starts at 7.30pm if it's an evening performance :D

Also, yesterday during the behind the scenes of the Big Top, it was mentioned that some of the posters inside the maze hint to clues about WC16 :)

archie.mm
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:05 pm

With the hand t-shirt, in the big top maze (SPOILER) there are these elasticated posters which the actors can stretch their hands on to scare people.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Now I'd single it down to in house theme or derren brown..

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:30 pm

N3m3s1s wrote:
I have a strong feeling that the ride is going to be about converting the riders into automatons. This picture (courtesy of Thorpe Park Mania) kind of supports that idea:

Our 'minds are wanted' for these robots that are being built, and that is the island's dark secret.

Looks, like a smiling face... Also this still could possibly be tied in with Doctor Who (doubt it, and hope not, as I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!), if you look back in the archive, The Clockwork Robots was an episode... :D

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:03 pm

I like the automaton idea very much, it could rreally be used to make a chilling attraction.

As for the Big Top's posters, I was scrutinising them when I could for potential easter eggs and one that caught my eye was something about aerial rotation, so this combined with all the cogs and things could possibly support the idea of it being a variation of a robocoaster kind of thing, perhaps.

3Dimensions
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 am

Luce wrote:
Hmm interesting but whenever I've been to the theatre or a concert, the doors open or the show starts at 7.30pm if it's an evening performance :D

Also, yesterday during the behind the scenes of the Big Top, it was mentioned that some of the posters inside the maze hint to clues about WC16 :)

Almost all evening shows open their doors to guests at around 7:30, the concert I went to on Friday opened at 7, and so does the one I am going to next week.

LiamJDouse
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:07 am

I have nothing to contribute in regards of guessing the attraction, nor does the link below have anything to do with the new attraction, but, all of these teasers and reveals reminded me of the aesthetic of this music video:

(Possibly a little NSFW, it's Nicki Minaj)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YVw7eJ0vGfM

Just wanted to share, purely because it reminded me of this thread.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:49 am

It may be and probably is irrelevant, this guy is from Radio 1 and posted this tweet the day after the first real video teaser was released.

A woman just refused to let me walk past her on the street until I admitted that I was a cyborg. YAY LONDON

https://twitter.com/AmazingPhil/status/ ... 4309379073
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Right I know this is fake...

But I want that to be real. Really, really badly :lol

Credit to Theme Park Collective for the image.

Georgie
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Swap the Thorpe Park logo with a Disneyland one and it becomes a lot more believable. ;)

Tbh, the more I hear about the new ride, the less I think it's an existing IP. It just seems dark and twisted enough to be something MMM come up with. I just don't see the whole idea of organs harvested to make clockwork robots for some sort of a creepy circus to be in line with the likes of Derren Brown.

And while the idea may fit Doctor Who, that's probably being held for Paramount anyway so we can count that one out. Plus of all the popular monsters from the show the Clockwork Droids seem to be a strange choice for the show's first theme park ride.

This ride is the biggest mystery we've seen in a while and there are way too many rumours for us to be sure of any of it. We just have to hope it lives up to expectations and the "disappointing" review from that guy who got a preview was as fake as it sounded..
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:20 pm

Oh I know, hence why I stated "I know it's not real"! ;)

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Merlin have some Disney attractions in the future, they seem to be on very good terms!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:30 pm

THORPE PARK Official have commented on this image, after seeing it on their Facebook Page.

I do like Thorpe Park's media team :lol
Last edited by Owen on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.