UK theme parks from another point of view!

KoasterKraver
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - New Indoor Attraction 2016

Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:57 am

The site on the 'about' page now mentions that you WILL embark your journey in a disused warehouse. So that's official now.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:18 pm

saw a post on tpm that it could be this http://www.simworx.co.uk/av-fx/agv-darkride/

Now, it could be more than speculation, it's unique, not been built, probably a game changer, thrilling possibly, marketed as an 'experience' and you can have different cars, so you could use a train model and there is quite high capacity by the looks of it, it would easily fit in the building as well.

That's the speculation part, now onto the more interesting bit.

Simworx did a press release earlier in the year about the release of this and their robo coaster model, and said they had a uk project that would be revealed next year, the only dark ride I'm aware of opening next year is wc16, and the one at lightwater if they get funding (but that's an immersive tunnel, and I'm not sure if it's for next year) and it would fit in with merlins budget. 50% sure it's an agv for Thorpe next year, although I could be completely wrong :lol

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Thorpe Park seem excited about it, its all over their branded Global radio station, and the park generally, nothing I've seen today tells me what its going to be however.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:29 pm

Thrill Nation are at Thorpe today and have provided perhaps one of the last construction updates we'll see for a while, if not until WC16 opens next season. The actual themed facade now seems to be being added to the end of the building.

Tom_iSatnav
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Looks very nice! Shame they haven't started work on the facade during the open season but I guess that is because they don't want us seeing the theme before opening day.
With regards to construction updates, I will probably be at Thorpe in February if they open again so I will get some with my new camera then!

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:23 pm

So there's ride cars, a baggage hold, but Derren has said it sort of is and sort of isn't a ride, and that it's 13 mins long. It makes me wonder what it actually is.

Credit to NemesisRider

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm personally hoping for a Robocoaster G2 from Simworx along with a pre-show/video/walk through similar to Hex. I haven't seen the building in person so can't really tell if it'd be viable.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:02 pm

These photos posted on Thorpe Park Mania, show that block paving and gravel has gone in round the back of the building, presumably ready to take delivery of whatever ride hardware there is.

jackcullen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:32 pm

You wouldn't put block paving down to fetch any heavy equipment over it. It would just wreck it.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:04 am

jackcullen wrote:
You wouldn't put block paving down to fetch any heavy equipment over it. It would just wreck it.

When building baron 1898 at Efteling they created a path similar to this for the construction vehicles and deliveries. That didn't get wrecked
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1770!
Ride count 2019: 618!
Cred count: 88!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:21 am

Interestingly, it seems Merlin also filed for the trademark of Automatons in America back in mid-October, although only for two out of the six classes that the European application is for. These two classes appear to cover advertising, administration and education & training purposes, with the excluded four seeming to allow the production of various lines of merchandise.

alicheesy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:01 pm

Could be, the final clue on mindswanted does say it'll appear early january and this one-off show is in January.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm now thinking maybe a weird studio tour, but Vaudeville Productions studio, as I haven't heard of that before, there must be some kind of link between this show and 2016 dark ride, it might be called 'The Push' as it pushes you to your limits, but hey ho, I'm not too sure!!

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:27 pm

He's a tricksy one, so anything goes, wouldn't surprise me, and tbh it would make sense, if the show was related to the ride.

mark_h
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Vaudeville is the American term for variety theatre/entertainment popular around the start of last century.

I would not read too much into the name of Derren Brown's production company (other than some of his performances are inspired by variety acts of that time). Many performers setup their own companies to make accounting easier.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:30 pm

Well, I do know people are scared of these monkeys. Plus, when Thorpe park started asking us why why cover our eyes during horror movies, I can remember that passage was on about why we get scared. Could this be something we may see in the ride?
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Rita Fan wrote:
Well, I do know people are scared of these monkeys. Plus, when Thorpe park started asking us why why cover our eyes during horror movies, I can remember that passage was on about why we get scared. Could this be something we may see in the ride?

Yes I personally posted a rather lengthy paragraph about it a few pages back! ;)

Owen wrote:
Right I'll be honest I haven't read this topic, so if I repeat anything forgive me.

Firstly, Whitechapel could mean anything, and be completely unrelated - possibly referring to the exterior design of the building, remember Saw: The Ride's code name was 'Dylan' after the directors cat.

With the recent discovery of Kenny -

this got me thinking.

Going back to '7:30'. Well 7:30 is also known as being crazy or having some sort of mental disorder. The most common mental disorder that we all have, is phobia. Whether we admit it or not, we all have a phobia of something - some may call them 'dark secrets'. So this leads me to think "Minds Wanted" are for people's phobias to be tested and analysed, being watched by the ruler of the operation (also, COGnitive therapy is often used to help with phobia, but that's a long shot to link the cogs). Now what's one of the most common phobias out there? Coulrophobia. Yes, the fear of clowns - much like our friend Kenny.As well as this, the eye on the Minds Wanted website stops and dilates, much like when people are scared they will stop still and their pupils dilate as a defensive mechanism to allow more light into the eye to tell the brain what's going on.
Also to finish off, 'Containment' has recently been revealed to heavily be based around phobias and their affect on the human mind.

Just an idea but I'm quite intrigued now. It will be interesting if it is this and how it will play with people's minds and emotions throughout the ride. :)

I do heavily believe that phobia will be a part of this experience, and I hope its implanted in an enjoyable way :)

Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:17 pm

That monkey is a toy (fun) and yet its scary. Clowns are kinda fun but lots of people find them scary. "THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN FEAR AND FUN IS STRANGELY BLURRED" is a description of the ride on the minds wanted site. This point definitely towards an experiment perhaps measuring people emotions. Also i dont think that the show is linked because even derren said on his twitter that its "something new & different, not TV or stage"
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)