UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
Owen
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: March 2012
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Wed May 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Considering that almost all details of the attraction are complete (we can see this from Derren expressing that only finishing touches remain) I could see opening between now and and next weekend. Personally I could see Friday the 20th as the opening date, or maybe earlier. Either way I'm sure an announcement is imminent and we won't be kept waiting for much longer. :)
Image
 
swooddow
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 66
Joined: April 2016

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Wed May 11, 2016 1:30 pm

Yer exactly and that interview was 5 days ago or so ! , fingers crossed we hear something soon , I'm going crazy with the excitement ! This attraction is going to be world class I'm sure . Something that could rival the parks in the USA.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
swooddow
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 66
Joined: April 2016

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Wed May 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Sorry to double post but ....

In case people have not seen it , this was added on theme park guide

Image

Interesting the site looks a little in kept , so unless they can clear this up any rumours , of it being open this weekend are looking a little thin
 
Horras64
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 270
Joined: January 2016
Location: UK - Kent

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Wed May 11, 2016 7:17 pm

swooddow wrote:
Sorry to double post but ....

In case people have not seen it , this was added on theme park guide

Image

Interesting the site looks a little in kept , so unless they can clear this up any rumours , of it being open this weekend are looking a little thin


I think it's too late to announce it opening this weekend, and I didn't think it would anyway. I think when it's ready to go they'll announce a day that's a week ahead to give people time to plan or whatever.
Image
 
swooddow
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 66
Joined: April 2016

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Wed May 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Who knows , it would be great if it opened this weekend , but equally if we have to wait for it to be at its best , then I'm sure it will be worth it 110%


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
iamradam
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 67
Joined: January 2016
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Wed May 11, 2016 7:30 pm

This is at the back behind Bush BBQ right? I imagine this area will need to be paved and fenced off as well as tidied, but it's good to see the building looking complete and closed off (no trains waiting to go inside or anything).
 
Owen
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: March 2012
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 8:50 am

Noting major, however I noticed that next to the queue line shop there is actually a rinse station for the all day refill bottles. I don't believe this has been done before and I'm very happy to see it being done as this will be a great opportunity to refill your bottle as queues for this attraction are going to way exceed the 3, maybe even 4 hour limit. However, I was also talking to a staff member who mentioned that they are anticipating as much as 5 hours during the opening weekend! Of course this isn't a truely reliable source (personally I would have thought if it did reach 5, it would be its maximum) but blimey, that is crazy for a UK attraction! :O
Image
 
User avatar
bensaund
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 2012
Location: Berkshire

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 9:11 am

if the queues are goung to be more than 60/90 mins then they can forget it, I'd rather miss out. No matter how good the ride is.
 
Owen
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: March 2012
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 9:56 am

Well even if the 5 hour figure isn't true it can more or less be gaurenteed to get at least a two hour queue. :)
Image
 
Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 587
Joined: June 2015
Location: Devon

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 10:00 am

I'm hoping to stay in the hotel on my next visit and go straight to DBGT first thing :P Not waiting 3+ hours when there's so many other awesome rides at Thorpe.
 
Horras64
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 270
Joined: January 2016
Location: UK - Kent

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 10:03 am

I'll be rushing there first thing of the day when I next go and it's open. But I'll wait however long the queue is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4363
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Presumably a quote from Derren in Thorpe's latest Facebook post. Does remind me of one of the earlier clues that appeared on the MindsWanted site.
The fascinating thing is not fear itself, but the pleasure we glean from it. That's what ghost trains, like this, are really all about.
Image
 
jdoughtyqpr
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 17
Joined: November 2012
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Benjisstephens wrote:
Also, about the Rules, some are quite odd.

1 & 2: Fight Club. Duh...

3: A possibility of the group being split up. Either you have the choice or you are forced to split up and this is to make it feel as if you're breaking the rules, or are unsafe. Or more likely is it that we will be moving around in groups.

4: 'Them'. 'Don't touch them'. Weird how non-descriptive this is.
(A) You would expect 'Characters' or 'Actors', but this makes it seem that lots of action will be inside (Actors and the Demon from the videos maybe ;) )
(B) It could be to make it more mysterious / unknown what will happen inside.
(C) Make the rules shorter.

5: Basic Rule

6: Don't lose your head has come up a few times if I remember. Funny how that is also in the Swarm billboard that we got a picture of. (I just realised that the billboard was put up 3 years ago (2013), the same time Derren said he has been working on the ride. There's quite little to go on with this one, but i'll think we'll find out once we're on it.

7 & 8: Add some humor at the end. Like Chukensky said, these seem quite similar to a horror maze's rules. More likely is that it was to get some group mentality up.

But idk, these rules could all be to just get us excited, and not to look into.


You say Fight club Duh after the first two rules but fail to realise the last rule is also a take on a fight club rule.
 
iamradam
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 67
Joined: January 2016
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 9:47 pm

I was looking into the Digipass and found a page on the Picsolve site with the MAP Annual Digipass T&Cs and found this on the list. Pretty much confirms speculation of the lenticular/3D ride photo options.
At Thorpe Park Resort Annual DigiPass guests qualify for £5 off the lenticular and 3D Head in Jar merchandise.

You can find the T&Cs here: https://www.picsolve.com/map-annual-digipass
 
Owen
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: March 2012
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Thu May 12, 2016 10:19 pm

Yes this is written in the photo area in the shop. The 3D photos are £15 and for 4 other unique digital images it is £12. :)
Image
 
gddevey1012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 20
Joined: March 2013
Location: Kent

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Fri May 13, 2016 5:18 am

Just had a closer look at the promo photos from Thorpe on Facebook and the shot of derren with the woman with the VR set on and if you zoom in you can see in the centre what looks like a small camera.
 
iamradam
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 67
Joined: January 2016
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Fri May 13, 2016 6:26 am

gddevey1012 wrote:
Just had a closer look at the promo photos from Thorpe on Facebook and the shot of derren with the woman with the VR set on and if you zoom in you can see in the centre what looks like a small camera.

The topic of the Vive's camera function has already been covered in this topic, read through the topic to see what people have to say [emoji16]
 
User avatar
Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posts: 2378
Joined: June 2009

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Fri May 13, 2016 10:40 am

iamradam wrote:
The topic of the Vive's camera function has already been covered in this topic, read through the topic to see what people have to say [emoji16]


It has been discussed but while we still don't know exactly what is going to happen inside the building it is still worth speculating about.
Image
Image
 
Benjisstephens
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 19
Joined: April 2014
Location: England, Essex, Wickford
Contact:

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Fri May 13, 2016 6:36 pm

jdoughtyqpr wrote:
Benjisstephens wrote:
Also, about the Rules, some are quite odd.

1 & 2: Fight Club. Duh...

3: A possibility of the group being split up. Either you have the choice or you are forced to split up and this is to make it feel as if you're breaking the rules, or are unsafe. Or more likely is it that we will be moving around in groups.

4: 'Them'. 'Don't touch them'. Weird how non-descriptive this is.
(A) You would expect 'Characters' or 'Actors', but this makes it seem that lots of action will be inside (Actors and the Demon from the videos maybe ;) )
(B) It could be to make it more mysterious / unknown what will happen inside.
(C) Make the rules shorter.

5: Basic Rule

6: Don't lose your head has come up a few times if I remember. Funny how that is also in the Swarm billboard that we got a picture of. (I just realised that the billboard was put up 3 years ago (2013), the same time Derren said he has been working on the ride. There's quite little to go on with this one, but i'll think we'll find out once we're on it.

7 & 8: Add some humor at the end. Like Chukensky said, these seem quite similar to a horror maze's rules. More likely is that it was to get some group mentality up.

But idk, these rules could all be to just get us excited, and not to look into.


You say Fight club Duh after the first two rules but fail to realise the last rule is also a take on a fight club rule.


Oh yeah! ](*,) That completely went over my head!!!! :lol
 
swooddow
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 66
Joined: April 2016

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Fri May 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Updates from on park today

Park was very quiet today, however I stopped by to see any updates

So here goes ..

First up the gates where slightly open today so thought it was worth a snap !

Image

A sign was up clearly marking the disabled queue line , which is accessed through a timed ticket. Could we be seeing this as a method , in which could be used for the main queue?

Image

Queue jumping boards where put up within the queue , both on the fencing and hanging down from the cattle pen .

Image

Image

I was also talking to a member of staff around the ride , who said they where defiantly having a costume fitting with the theme. Which they have seen personally , but didn't want to say about the details.

Other then that , more activity around the site with workers , we can just watch out for updates on social media and hope we hear something soon.

Hope u all enjoyed the update and I will be back next week for more.

Cheers,

Sam !


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests