UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Tue May 17, 2016 6:56 pm

Possibly to do with wheelchair access?
The dimensions of the trains may have been wrongly assumed and so they needed alterations for said wheelchairs?

The ride duration has also been changed to state 10 to 15 minutes, and Vive has been stated as the 'best in class technology'. :)

swooddow
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 7:53 pm

I honestly don't think the decrease in numbers will seriously effect the ride, like Owen says , it could be a safety thing for wheelchair access. I'm sure that window in the gift shop, must have some significance , as it just shows through to the exit? , maybe we will find out in due time ?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 7:56 pm

I was thinking possibly an illusion that makes those walking past the window look like skeletons from the shop?

That or it's just a standard one way mirror :lol

swooddow
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Yer ! , I mean it must have some significance , otherwise it's just taking up shelving space , where they could be selling things ! , Also , do you think there is going to be an annual pass day ? , before the opening ?

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 8:06 pm

I'd doubt it now, possibly VIP Pass holders getting entry on the media night, however if I were Thorpe I'd just want to get it open. Although this is just speculation :)

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 8:20 pm

I personally think they should open this before the Bank Holiday weekend. It is evident that people want to plan trips so that they can experience the attraction, and now with the TV advert, I dont think they can't hold off much longer!

A date needs to be announced soon!

Horras64
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 9:21 pm

Had a thought about how a the train will relate to fracking, due to the posters pointing towards a clear fracking storyline.

Maybe your on a regular train journey, and the track is above a hole caused by fracking, so as the train goes over it, the train falls. Maybe this leads to a hanging train inside a pit caused by fracking? This is me best bet but at the moment there's no clear link.

I also hope there's more story to it than fracking. It seems very plain on he surface at the moment, I think the pre-show will reveal a lot more. Also, do you think the pre-show will use projection mapping (think that's what it's called) like many other attractions with pre-shows. E.g Baron 1898? Cause I hope so, and I hope it 360 show, unlike the Hex pre-show(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swooddow
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 pm

I'm sure it the pre-show will deffo have some sort of special effects/illusions to it for sure ! .

I was thinking where the pre-show was going to be ? , what happens when u get inside that building ?!

I'm sure the ride will also contain hidden 'Easter eggs' that maybe through time people will start to connect the dots perhaps ?

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 10:36 pm

I suspect that fracking will be a catalyst for the events on the ride. Be it a means of uncovering a once hidden portal to another time, or with a chemical spill onto the underground, or what have you.

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 pm

I'm guessing the fracking will release some hallucinogenic gas that will trigger what we see during the ride.

swooddow
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Who knows , but that's a very good theory for sure !

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed May 18, 2016 11:28 am

Thorpe have posted the following videos on Youtube which see Derren answer some questions relating to the attraction.

Ask Derren #1
Ask Derren #2
Ask Derren #3

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Interestingly this is said -

Derren Brown wrote:
I've always loved roller coasters although this isn't a roller coaster, I've always lived walk through attractions although this isn't a walk through attraction

Although he may have meant it in a sense that the entire attraction isn't walk through - personally I would class an attraction with a walking segment a walk through attraction (Hex or Sub-Terra).

As well as this, I noticed that there aren't any chest restrictions for the ride - possibly meaning there won't be a restraint or it will be minimal, something like a seatbelt perhaps?

It's very exciting, not long now! :D

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed May 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Anyone notice the background? the pulsing of the background looks very much like TV screens, i can't tell if he is inside the train or outside the train. Can anyone expose the brightness of a screenshot of the video and see what's going on?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed May 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Deadjack5 wrote:
Anyone notice the background? the pulsing of the background looks very much like TV screens, i can't tell if he is inside the train or outside the train. Can anyone expose the brightness of a screenshot of the video and see what's going on?

As far as I can tell, all the footage for the Ask Derren videos was shot outside of the train.

Aside from the few images of what appear to be tunnels, I think we're unlikely to see any other part of the main experience in any promotional materials in order to maintain secrecy and mystery.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 18, 2016 8:11 pm

He's stood outside the train which has pulsating lighting shining on it to create atmosphere. :)

mol7030
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 19, 2016 5:11 pm

This isn't mine - I found it on Thorpe Park's Facebook Visitor posts but i found it funny:

http://captiongenerator.com/89986/Derren-Browns-Ghost-Train-Hitler-Reaction

Make sure you turn on captions!
MO'L

Georgie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 20, 2016 1:03 am

I'm getting flashbacks from 2007 internet humor now.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan

Horras64
TT Member
TT Member

Derren Brown's Ghost Train - New for 2016

Fri May 20, 2016 7:11 am

I think we're gonna hear something pretty soon if it's openings end may. The last week is nigh! Won't be going there until the 12th June to experience it, finally! The days just slowly ticking by. But in the meantime I'll be at AT whilst some of you lucky peeps get on it.... I just simply can't wait anymore. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 20, 2016 8:26 am

more adverts on tv last night, on one of the sky channels made the wife rewind and watch it again. must be soon!