UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - New Indoor Attraction 2016

Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:34 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if someone at Thorpe put it out there to throw us off the scent :lol they actually don't need disneys authoritie to build an Alice ride, I believe it's copyright free, like a lot of disneys stuff (if they needed permission, that terrifying version of its a small world in China wouldn't exist :lol )

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Total Thorpe Park have posted a construction update on their website.

The majority of steelwork for the main ride building is now erected, with the red cladding now extending all the way along the back of the building and starting to come round the end closest to Bush BBQ. The cladding has also been applied to the back of the highest roof section, which doesn't seem to be in line with the themed brickwork shown on the plans, so I hope that we won't be seeing a significant pull back on the building's theming...

It's also possible to see the large entrance to the maintenance area, which could give an indication of the size of hardware (i.e. ride vehicles) that will be going into the building.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:48 am

Hard to judge if the maintenance doors indicate tall ride vehicles or not. They could just be that big to let construction equipment in or for large ride elements they can't construct inside the building.

If it is for ride vehicles, I'd say it adds weight to it being an inverted powered vehicle. Can't see a robot arms type needing that height.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:09 am

Robo coaster ride vehicles are quite big, I don't really see them being any smaller than an inverted train from Mack Rides :-s. Also, I don't see why people are making the assumption this ride will be an existing product, there has been nothing to suggest it being anything currently on the market as much as there hasn't been anything suggesting at brand new technology.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Robocoasters are easily flattened so they wouldn't need 4m of height whereas an inverted ride needs the height of the ride vehicle plus a reasonable level of ground clearance (or the height of machinery to lift cars to the track). It's probably moot anyway, better to have a door that's larger than it needs to be than one that's too small so it could be for anything.

The ride could indeed be tech we haven't seen before but the size of the building, the large budget, the fact it's being touted as a dark ride does lend itself towards a few modern ride types that have been popping up around the world recently. Easier to speculate on things that follow a pattern.

Either way, we'll probably get stronger hints in just over a week with the countdown ending.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Thrill Nation have posted some photos taken today showing that progress is being made on the front cladding of the building, so it does look like we will still be seeing some of the themed facade shown on the plans.

SJW
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Great photos, give you a good impression of size.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:40 pm

I'm thinking maybe a Mack powered inverted coaster like Arthur at Europa park. But I'm really bad when it comes to guessing...
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1901!
Ride count 2020: 128!
Cred count: 96!

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Oh wow, all the evidence seems to point towards the Big Top and WC16 having a massive link. I really hope it's the robot theory, where there are evil robots wanting minds and eyes and whatever to make human animatronic type things. It would also make sense with the teaser, where there's a brain (minds wanted), lots of robotic looking things (robots) and it's crazy (clowns/the big top).
Although, as much as I love this theory and as much as I want it to be true, I think it would be better if it was something that made us all kick ourselves because it was blatantly obvious from the start. :lol
Either way, I can't wait. :D

Owen wrote:
THORPE PARK Official have commented on this image, after seeing it on their Facebook Page.

I do like Thorpe Park's media team :lol

I sent them that image on twitter, and they said it was fanart. It is, someone's just edited the posters from a film coming out next year. http://variety.com/2015/film/news/disne ... 201570458/
Last edited by lewis97 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts

Credit to NemesisRider

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Once again I know it is fan art, I explicitly stated this twice. It is for "Alixe Through the Looking Glass" opening in theatres on May 27th 2016! Also, I doubt that they would go for a ride based on Alice as it makes no sense to the theming or area! ;)

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Owen wrote:
Once again I know it is fan art, I explicitly stated this twice. It is for "Alixe Through the Looking Glass" opening in theatres on May 27th 2016! Also, I doubt that they would go for a ride based on Alice as it makes no sense to the theming or area! ;)

I think a twisted version of Alice in wonderland would be good! (oops, I didn't see that, sorry :P)

Credit to NemesisRider

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Found this!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Ryan.B wrote:
Found this!

Where?

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:28 pm

It appeared, very briefly on the website. Less than 1 minute apparently

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Ryan.B wrote:
It appeared, very briefly on the website. Less than 1 minute apparently

Right... It's just that considering it seems ingenious has been mispelt as ingenous and the grammar of 'worlds first' is incorrect, its authenticity is questionable.

KoasterKraver
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Doesn't look professional, no offence if you have created it as a joke, seems a stupid mistake of Thorpe to do this... The picture even has another logo on it, a spiral in the bottom corner.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:52 pm

I didn't create it, found it on the theme park collective Facebook page, I question it as well anyway because it has onload/offload on plans.

EDIT: I probably wouldn't think it's true, they made the Alice thing a few days ago. I originally found it on all UK parks and attractions, but it was first posted on TPcollective.

GMan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:45 pm

KoasterKraver wrote:
Doesn't look professional, no offence if you have created it as a joke, seems a stupid mistake of Thorpe to do this... The picture even has another logo on it, a spiral in the bottom corner.

..a spiral which usually denotes stock images. Quite a massive oversight if it is official, but then again, Thorpe wouldn't be the first big company in the world to make such a silly mistake. ;)
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:24 pm

I asked Thorpe what it was, and they said it was a 'good question'... I'm guessing it's fake then.

Credit to NemesisRider

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, however there is now a countdown on top of the Minds wanted mini site.

https://mindswanted.co.uk/
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.