UK theme parks from another point of view!

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train - Rise Of The Demon

Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:36 am

Gaffer tape? It’s black and the room is dark. Surely it won’t be seen?

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:31 am

Qzzb_UK wrote:
Gaffer tape? It’s black and the room is dark. Surely it won’t be seen?

It depends on the level of damage to the suit. 

As Chris mentioned, the suits are very heavy so it's unlikely that something like gaffer tape would be up to the job. The last thing Thorpe would want is a piece of the suit falling off during the shop sequence.

matt_1985x
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:46 pm

When I went on earlier this year, part of the dude's costume was open, at the arms. You could see the real hands holding rods attached to the demon's long arms. It's a bit difficult to explain but I guess the costume was deteriorating. It's kind of a shame as that part genuinely scared me the first time I saw it. I'm 34 and had to slink back away from him. :D

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:21 am

Some rumour and speculation from British Theme Park Archive about possible different ideas that were kicking around for a Thorpe Park dark ride, before Derren Brown became attached to it and the ride we ended up with was installed.

An interesting comment is that an Oceaneering dark ride system similar to that of Spiderman and Transformers at Universal was in consideration, possibly with early designs having been made.

If this was under consideration, I can't help but feel Merlin's decision making was drawn towards the world's-first aspect of Ghost Train, rather than UK's first, or even world class aspect of a known and tested technology.