UK theme parks from another point of view!

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:21 pm

Thankyou phil, i totally agree. Thats why i gave up arguing earlier. I hoped h would stop.

Stealth is exactly the same as Kinga Ka, with smaller statistics.

Stop acting like yo know so much, Stealth ISNT exactly the same with smaller statistics, get your facts right. Stealth has a 200 foot drop with a 90 degree turn going left, KK has a 450 foot drop or so, turning 270 degrees to the right! Now if they are the same, i will eat my own head!

Thorpe have not 'copied' anyone. You are just sounding like a fool when you say it

I agree with this aswell. :lol: Stealth is not copied, this layout is the standard Intamin rocket coaster layout it seems. It can be bought by any park, in different sizes. Companies always make a standard layout, that parks with less room, or less time to design a new layout according to the area, can build. It isnt copied.

Now if i could swear i would. This topic is getting incredibly annoying. :lol:

Lazy, but clever

Lazy? Is building a new coaster, the sort of thing a lazy park would do? Look, parks build rides for their pulling power, their appearance, how they will draw the GP in! The design of stealth suits the UK public through and through. Why should thorpe not use this design, when it will work wonders for them? Its huge, its fast, its got amazing acceleration, its an overall huge ride, which is something the UK is lacking. The only ride this size we have in the UK is pepsi max, and thats getting old now. This is gonna sell to the UK GP. It can be marketed easily. I know for a fact, when my friends see the irst adverts, or the first pictures of this ride, they will go WOW, and will either say, "i wanna go and ride it" or "Hell, i wouldnt ride that thing if my life depended on it. I would cack me pants!" Its this type of ride the UK really needs to get, and IMO thorpe are doing the UK theme park industry a huge favour. This will set the standard of rides built in the UK for the next few years, who cares if it isnt original enough, unique enough. It is special for the UK, Europe even!

Come on, ive heard people say thunderlooper was great, that was far from a new concept. Far from original. But it was new for the UK, thats all that mattered. The GP had experienced nothing like it in the UK, so it was a great step. A great experience for them, as stealth will be for us.

Most of us have not been fortunate enough to ride any rocket coasters apart from rita! We dont know whether all the top hats are crap, or great. I am still young, only 15 years, but im planning to visit loads of parks when im older. I already have contacts in the roller coaster community in:
England
America
Canada
germany
Netherlands
Finland
France

so far. Most of these people have experienced different things, different rides. In fact, i know one person, who has ridden around 500 coasters in America, and he says the top hat on TTD is one of the most intense elements he has ever ridden. So, you can say anything you like about other tophats or elements, but YOU shouldnt expect people to agree with you, or believe you. People believe who they want to believe. Now my opinion is that you burn.e have experienced 1 top hat, the first outside top hat ever made,on the first Intamin rocket ever made. 1. So IMO you cant say that top hats are tame, a bad experience. You have to have ridden at least 2 before you can say that. I mean, the corkscrews on Corkscrew are crap IMO, but the corkscrews on nemesis are amazing. See, elements change from ride to ride. This again, is just my opinion. I have not said your opinion counts for nothing, but this is just what i think.

EDIT: Rant over. I just hope no one is too overwhelmed by this post and decides to ban me. :lol:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:30 pm

In fact, i know one person, who has ridden around 500 coasters in America, and he says the top hat on TTD is one of the most intense elements he has ever ridden

I completely agree with that comment!! I don't think i've quite been on 500 coasters (:lol:) but from what i have been on the top hat on TTD is extraordinary and beats everything.

If stealths top-hat is going to be anything like dragsters everyone is in for a treat!! This will be the first top-hat in the UK, it will be the fastest, it's going to special, and will provide huge iconic significance for the park!

(Oh no, sorry, it'll be crap, it's not being built at Alton!)

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:41 pm

"Phil" wrote:
In fact, i know one person, who has ridden around 500 coasters in America, and he says the top hat on TTD is one of the most intense elements he has ever ridden

I completely agree with that comment!! I don't think i've quite been on 500 coasters (:lol:) but from what i have been on the top hat on TTD is extraordinary and beats everything.

If stealths top-hat is going to be anything like dragsters everyone is in for a treat!! This will be the first top-hat in the UK, it will be the fastest, it's going to special, and will provide huge iconic significance for the park!

(Oh no, sorry, it'll be crap, it's not being built at Alton!)

I must say i totally agree with you again. You summarised my exact thoughts. :D

blobalbob
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:17 pm

Hmmm the discussion is getting interesting!

From personal experience TTD is better than KK. Dunno why but TTD feels better. Yes the Top Hat is an amazing experience but as I've said before Storm Runner runs crazy horse rings around them all.

KK and Stealth are relatively the same design, Stealth is a little tighter due to lack of space but really just a mini me except the duel loading and the total spiral. Anyway who cares, its a first for us so it'll be awesome and hopefully it won't have 5 hour 'lines' like its American daddy so we can get our top hat pop more often.

My real question is what happened to half of the ride that was detailed in the MTDP?
http://www.southparks.org/site/features ... raulic.jpg
Might be back to front but where is that figure of eight track then? Oh...hold on, I know... It was painted red and flogged to some theme park up north to be part of their Pinfari rocket coaster.
Parks Visited in 2006
None - I hate winter!

Best Park - Cedar Point for Rides, Hershey for brainwashing!, Best Coaster - Storm Runner, Best Rocket - Storm Runner. TTD or KK - Top Thrill Dragster (5 hour queue for Kingda Pa!), Best Inverted - Nemesis AT (By a long shot) Best Dark Ride - Valhalla, Best Themeing - Amity Cove, Worst Park - 6fGA (what a rip off!),

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:26 pm

I think the figure of eight was discussed but decided it was an element which would not be an important feature of the ride compared to the launch and top hat, much like I found Ritas launch and first corner very entertaining and impressive I can remember little else of the ride, but I have only ridden it once, perhaps on more runs I could appreciate more features but as it stands you could of just launched me round a corner and back to the station, hang on thats what it felt like anyway :shock:

Also if the figure of eight meant loss of the airtime hill then i think launch, top hat and airtime hill will be a good combination, possibly as good as launch, top hat and figure of eight. but we will never know what was better. personally I love airtime

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:41 pm

My real question is what happened to half of the ride that was detailed in the MTDP?
http://www.southparks.org/site/features ... raulic.jpg
Might be back to front but where is that figure of eight track then? Oh...hold on, I know... It was painted red and flogged to some theme park up north to be part of their Pinfari rocket coaster.

They are plans for a ride with the same layout as Xcelerator at Knotts. They must have just been seeing how different layouts fitted in the area or something.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:04 pm

"blobalbob" wrote:
2) Bluddy Fins!, I knew it - didn't they learn from Rita?
http://www.clickrugger.com/tp/bluddy-fins.jpg

Are these brake fins?
And where are they? looks like airtime hill on way up or down?

Anonymous

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:31 pm

well luckily for me i have been on the one and only kingda ka and it really does amaze, its sheer height is gobsmacking

to put it in comparison its as high if not a few feet higher than the london eye

it is intense

but just as rita and its speed kingdas height is just a gimmick and unfortuantly i'm afraid thats all that stealths gonna be too, i know for sure its gonna be better than rita tho

i remember riding on air and thinking to myself could be such a good ride if it was a hell of a lot faster

thats the same for collossus yes it has 10 loops but most are really slow

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:38 pm

^ speed isnt everything. Its the feeling of speed that is better. Nemesis only reaches 50mph as its max speed, but it feels so much faster!

Anyway, i like air as it is, that ride isnt supposed to be fast, then you would lose that floating sensation.

i know for sure its gonna be better than rita tho

Im afraid no one knows for sure quite yet. :wink: :lol:

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:47 pm

I would just like to see how this rollercoaster turns out. I think its going to be great personaly. The area it is placed in should be great just like the area that rita surrounds. You know the rollercoaster surrounding you. Should be class.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:50 pm

Bloody hell man, can nothing beat alton in your opinion? Thorpe can, and probably wil beat alton, but the thing is does anybody care except for you? The park looks good, thrilling, but the thing is, there owned BY THE SAME COMPANY, Wheres the competition? There isnt any for one. I cant wait till stealth, aye its a copy design of TTD and Kingda ka, and yes on a smaller scale, but so?

And lazy? Like jpcool says, How the feck is it lazy? planning it now and opening it next year aint lazy, also, rita you could say thats lazy, figure of 8 and fast, but do you? Nope mr fanboy, as you love alton that much nothing can beat the mighty alton towers. Sadly, it can, nothings indestructable, althought i wish you would listen for a change and dont go for a cry when someone tells you the corect information and your wrong and you dont want to know!

Anonymous

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:17 pm

"martin" wrote:
Bloody hell man, can nothing beat alton in your opinion? Thorpe can, and probably wil beat alton, but the thing is does anybody care except for you? The park looks good, thrilling, but the thing is, there owned BY THE SAME COMPANY, Wheres the competition? There isnt any for one. I cant wait till stealth, aye its a copy design of TTD and Kingda ka, and yes on a smaller scale, but so?

And lazy? Like jpcool says, How the feck is it lazy? planning it now and opening it next year aint lazy, also, rita you could say thats lazy, figure of 8 and fast, but do you? Nope mr fanboy, as you love alton that much nothing can beat the mighty alton towers. Sadly, it can, nothings indestructable, althought i wish you would listen for a change and dont go for a cry when someone tells you the corect information and your wrong and you dont want to know!

Took the words right out of my mouth..

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:21 pm

All burn.e is managing is make people like stealth and Thorpe even more than they did before, with all his comments everybody has come out to defend it in some way or another and the project and park is coming out of it better of and even more popular so who cares. Your helping people open there minds and give Thorpe and Stealth a chance if not more, like realise how good it is these days.

Thank you Burn.e for your contributions and making people defend an support and exciting new ride and a good park in general and highlighting how Britains best theme park is not something set in stone and could be Thorpe one day, or any other for that matter, all it takes is some decent investement, not that any other park could be exactly the same as Alton (ie its setting etc) but it could still be beaten in different ways.

Personally i dont want it to be beaten, i want more top class rides in more top class parks in the uk regardless of history, location or owners.

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:27 pm

Not really, just makes him look more like a bigger pillock than he is.

There is equal support forboth parks, and competion is exsistent, but not so they can beat eachother, there owned by the same company.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:02 am

Clickety Click

Latest stealth update by moi, piccys taken today, well yesturday if your picky.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Stealth and thorpe in general

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:04 am

Im really confused....... there seems to be an awful lot of slating Thorpe Park in this room. As you are all aware they are owned by the same company and are both very unique in two different ways.. The idea behind thorpes new rides over the last 4 years is due to the simple fact that Alton Towers has very limited planning restrictions which makes erecting any Grade A* Spin and Spew (Slammer, Rush and Detonator) impossible to construct. So by putting them into a park with fewer limits they are giving the British public more diversity when it comes to world class rides, all keeping the buisness within the Tussauds Group. This theory applies with Any tall rides, people who have ridden Tidal Wave will say that it is simply the best water ride in the UK at present, and because of the villagers in Alton kick up a fuss there will never be a ride to that calibur in Alton.

Now we get to Intamins launched coasters, RITA is by far the best ride in Alton Towers and she is the only woman i will ever love (don't tell my wife)! But Whenever i think of her, and 25MPH faster and 130ft higher im totally thinking Stealth is gonna be quite easily the best Coaster in the UK! I can understand that Alton Towers is everyones favourite park but to be fair over the last few years Thorpes investments have paid off and as a Alton Towers lover myself i can honestly say that i prefer the rides at Thorpe at the moment. I went to Thorpe on Thursday and up to Alton on friday and Thorpe made me the happiest! it seems that as i have said earlier the parks are different in two different ways.

Bassically............ The Tussauds Group are trying to get ALL the new different types of attractions to keep up with the ever growing technology. But due to certain circumstances they cannot all be put in one specific park. So hat off to them they are working the public to their advantage and getting them to visit two outstanding parks in the same year! ££££££!!! So lets have no negativity between the two parks please guys, after all they are brother and sisters!

Hee hee hee!

Scott :clap:

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:19 am

Can i just say, Thanks for that post, I can't really add anything else to say to carry on from what you just said but i think even the most arrogant alton fanboy would find it hard to argue with that!

In other news: incase anyone didn't know Stealth will be testing by fright nites. Apparantly!

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:26 am

Cheers for that dude! I was quite angry writing that but calmed down toward the end. i cant believe the audacity of some people! ROCK ON Thorpe Park! thats wat i say!

Anonymous

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:20 am

"Adz-TTR" wrote:
Clickety Click

Latest stealth update by moi, piccys taken today, well yesturday if your picky.

I'm really liking the colour transitions on Stealth and it looks from this pic like the track colour will change at exactly the same point as the supports.

Hopefully some of those fins on the camelback will come off once testing starts. I want to go along and take a look for myself, but I think I'll leave it for a couple of weeks - as at this rate it seems there'll be plenty to see by then...

Anonymous

Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:13 pm

"Burn.e""][quote=""jpecool" wrote:
Thankyou phil, i totally agree. Thats why i gave up arguing earlier. I hoped h would stop.

Stealth is exactly the same as Kinga Ka, with smaller statistics.

Stop acting like yo know so much, Stealth ISNT exactly the same with smaller statistics, get your facts right. Stealth has a 200 foot drop with a 90 degree turn going left, KK has a 450 foot drop or so, turning 270 degrees to the right! Now if they are the same, i will eat my own head!

Thorpe have not 'copied' anyone. You are just sounding like a fool when you say it

I agree with this aswell. :lol: Stealth is not copied, this layout is the standard Intamin rocket coaster layout it seems. It can be bought by any park, in different sizes. Companies always make a standard layout, that parks with less room, or less time to design a new layout according to the area, can build. It isnt copied.

Now if i could swear i would. This topic is getting incredibly annoying. :lol:

Lazy, but clever

Lazy? Is building a new coaster, the sort of thing a lazy park would do? Look, parks build rides for their pulling power, their appearance, how they will draw the GP in! The design of stealth suits the UK public through and through. Why should thorpe not use this design, when it will work wonders for them? Its huge, its fast, its got amazing acceleration, its an overall huge ride, which is something the UK is lacking. The only ride this size we have in the UK is pepsi max, and thats getting old now. This is gonna sell to the UK GP. It can be marketed easily. I know for a fact, when my friends see the irst adverts, or the first pictures of this ride, they will go WOW, and will either say, "i wanna go and ride it" or "Hell, i wouldnt ride that thing if my life depended on it. I would cack me pants!" Its this type of ride the UK really needs to get, and IMO thorpe are doing the UK theme park industry a huge favour. This will set the standard of rides built in the UK for the next few years, who cares if it isnt original enough, unique enough. It is special for the UK, Europe even!

Come on, ive heard people say thunderlooper was great, that was far from a new concept. Far from original. But it was new for the UK, thats all that mattered. The GP had experienced nothing like it in the UK, so it was a great step. A great experience for them, as stealth will be for us.

Most of us have not been fortunate enough to ride any rocket coasters apart from rita! We dont know whether all the top hats are crap, or great. I am still young, only 15 years, but im planning to visit loads of parks when im older. I already have contacts in the roller coaster community in:
England
America
Canada
germany
Netherlands
Finland
France

so far. Most of these people have experienced different things, different rides. In fact, i know one person, who has ridden around 500 coasters in America, and he says the top hat on TTD is one of the most intense elements he has ever ridden. So, you can say anything you like about other tophats or elements, but YOU shouldnt expect people to agree with you, or believe you. People believe who they want to believe. Now my opinion is that you burn.e have experienced 1 top hat, the first outside top hat ever made,on the first Intamin rocket ever made. 1. So IMO you cant say that top hats are tame, a bad experience. You have to have ridden at least 2 before you can say that. I mean, the corkscrews on Corkscrew are crap IMO, but the corkscrews on nemesis are amazing. See, elements change from ride to ride. This again, is just my opinion. I have not said your opinion counts for nothing, but this is just what i think.

EDIT: Rant over. I just hope no one is too overwhelmed by this post and decides to ban me. :lol:

And now my argument...

I disagree :)

:firebounce:[/quote]

Oops *accidentally deletes post*

Ah well, it was a bit spammy, didn't have any argument, nothing to back it up with - basically just making sure the sh!t spoon is still stirring! :evil: