UK theme parks from another point of view!

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:31 pm

".:Adam:." wrote:
After watching a video of the pullthrough and riding eXcelerator on holiday, i cant wait to ride one of these in the UK!! :D

A video of the pull through, dont keep this to yourself, share among your fellow enthusiasts :D

Thorpe is really getting going now, makes my Annual pass seem an even better idea, must get an AT trip in before close of season this year, 2 great parks.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:58 pm

"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:37 pm

Wonder when they will start testing the ride properly???? probully within the next month i think.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:38 pm

More like next week or so...

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:48 pm

:lol: Yeah i supose so at the rate their doing this project. Cant wait to ride this beast should be a great experiance. I also cant wait to see the themeing of the area ect. I think i would be brilliant just to stand in inside the coasters periminter and just watch it go around the track...
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:28 pm

The electronics arent totally finished yet are they, so we wont see proper testing just yet. Unless they are already finished. But the track isnt complete yet anyway.

Anyway, when testing starts it will be a little while before we see the train go all the way over the top hat. For a few days they may just test the launch, at higher and higher speeds each time, until finally when they reach the max speed. I cant wait to see this testing!

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

JinXs
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:24 pm

Wow this is going to be awesome! So does anyone here reckon that this will be Thorpes Best Ride?

fitchy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:36 pm

As some people may be aware detonator reopened today just weeks after the cable frayed and having a new one installed, there are some good pictures of stealth from scott on southparks taken from the top.
[b]

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:00 am

The ride won't be testing for a couple of nonths yet. There are so many things they need to do first, shuch as fitting hydraulics and electronics inside the whinch building. The pull through should be completed by Friday.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:16 am

shuch as fitting hydraulics and electronics inside the whinch building

By the way. They've done all that....

few piccys from yesturday:

Whoosh...
Towering over everything else.
Different view.
I'm flying high, high up to the sky were flying so high..
From the rumba rapids.
From the farm, as you can see nothing can challenge it in height.
zoooom!

Mikey
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:12 am

*drool*
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:24 pm

On 2-3 pictures it doesn't look that high but on others it looks massif picture for example and them brakes start to kick in before the peak of the air time hill which will be a a bit of a bummer. I can't start putting the ride down now after iv been so hyped up for it. Can i?
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

geo
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:53 pm

It looks amazing,,and i think the Uk is lucky to be gettin this...I might even goto Thorpe for the first time ever next year..

Shame about the break fins on the bunnyhop though..but we never know..they might not get used.

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:01 pm

The brake fins will not just stop it on the airtime hill. It will gradually slow the train down. There isn't enough space fo it to brake on straight track.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:47 pm

The brake fins will be removed after testing, well some of them. There is excessive amounts of them at the moment because they're not entirely sure where they need to start braking from. Once they find that point they will take the brake fins off the top of the bunnyhop to the point where only the ones needed are left.

Anonymous

Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:01 pm

Wow! Look great, loving the colour!

Top-hat looks very simular to that of Xcelerator... almost identical. And yeah, OK, I've realised that is a very good thing. Lasp in memory/judgement K? :P. Suits the park perfectly!!!

:firebounce:

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:22 pm

WOW that looks great, was thinking of popping in on my way through tomorrow but just realised they are shut, does anybody know why Thorpe shut random days in season unlike Alton? Its a real bummer

Good pictures there but its not the same as for real :D

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Yay

Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:49 am

Guys come on! loads of you have said on this forum that you "might make your first trip to Thorpe Park next year" ........................... hmmm HELLO where have you been living for the last 4 years! Colossus = worlds first 10 LOOPING COASTER! Nemesis Inferno = A Coaster that some people think is better than Nemesis itself! (it certainly feels faster) and if that dont tempt you Tidal Wave the second best water ride in the UK (first in Oakwood Wales) and new for Next Year The best Launched coaster of its kind in Europe! So i think you Thorpe haters need to get off your asses and realise that there are also very good parks out there other than Alton Towers! Yes we all know its the Daddy of all Parks but believe me when i say this, Thorpe Will give it a run for its money! Give it a go i promise you, you will not be dissapointed!

If you don't.......................... More fool you!

Scott

auntie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:45 am

I would like to know who said Inferno is better then Nemesis they need a slap!
Being in the south and easy access to Thorpe is great...In fact Its the main Theme park I go too. Its Far away from being the No1 park in the country because it lacks mystery, size and that magic feeling. I do think it's great though and Stealth will be one of the greatest things the U.K parks have seen for a long time. I do agree though if you have never been are missing out on some amazing rides :?
I do feel Thorpe in many ways is like the big T's other side, doing the things they just can't do at AT. Thats all good because the park's work with each other not against.
Stealth will chew up RITA and spit her out...but what will that matter because they will be both first class rides, like the both first class parks :P

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

yo

Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:37 am

Thanks for your reply dude. i totally agree with what u r saying, Thorpe has the rides that Alton Towers are not allowed due to their stupid height restrictions (stupid villagers!) In response to your Nemesis vs Nemesis Inferno fact there is only 2.5 MPH difference between them both, but i think Nemesis Inferno gives a more intense ride due to the fact that Nemesis pulls 3G's and Nemesis Inferno pulls 4.5 G's. thats what does it for me, it feels a more powerful ride! Plus i prefer the departure of Nemesis Inferno to the original. I really am in two minds to whether Alton is better than Thorpe purely because the major rides in Alton get boring after 700 times riding them lol! Whereas i think Colossus gives a different ride each time you ride it. Ride wise Thorpe has more selection where Alton ahs more "Worlds First's". What annoys me is that people seem to think that Alton and Thorpe are in competition but what they dont realise is that they are working together to put the excellent rides in thorpe that Alton can't accomodate due to their restrictions. They are both two totally different parks for two totally different reasons! If Alton didnt have any restrictions than it would be, by far the bast park in the UK, but until that happens all you Alton fans will have to get used to the fact that Thorpe is getting better and better, stronger and stronger each year, so you might as well get used to it!

Happy riding

Scott