UK theme parks from another point of view!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:23 pm

Works fine for me.

Animation could have been better, it suffers from the usual awful 'sped-up coaster simulation syndrome'

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:23 pm

"themeparkdude" wrote:
Right it is still not working. So lets get this clear, you go on to the Flash thing link , click install, and then a little movie comes up with this silver rectange spinning around. And it say Macromeda Flash has installed. Then you restart your computer and click on the animation on the website.

Yip :wink:

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:29 pm

Not owrking oh well. I will ride the thing anyway in 5 months.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Anonymous

Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:40 pm

You need to install it and then restart your PC and it will work..

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:42 pm

I did that, but don't worrry I'm downloading something else that works.
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com

Anonymous

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:02 pm

"Adz-TTR" wrote:
it suffers from the usual awful 'sped-up coaster simulation syndrome'

You're not wrong there!

I'd say if that were the real ride it'd be pulling near on 7gs at the bottom of the hill!

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:05 pm

Personananally I think this is the best coaster animation I've ever seen. Remember the Colossus one a few years ago?

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:12 pm

personanananananaly i've seen the Kingda Ka one... now that was a good animation!

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:14 pm

Good news every one I finally got it working! It is alright but the speed is all wrong.
www.tussaudszone.com

Fanta
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:32 am

Its a coaster animatio, not the latest Pixar animation. personally I'm not to bothered about watching it. I know what the things going to do, and if I want to get a representation of Stealth, I'll watch a Top Thrill Dragster video.

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:38 pm

"themeparkdude" wrote:
Good news every one I finally got it working! It is alright but the speed is all wrong.

How did you get it working? Mine still isnt :x

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:33 pm

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 0334br.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 0413pg.jpg

Pics from today. All track has now been placed and, the pull through as almost finished. Expect these and more to appear on TPI soon.

And for all you people who can't see the animation http://www.iphill.invisional.org/dujo/stealth/an/
If you still can't see this I'm afraid i can't do anything else. :cry:
www.tussaudszone.com

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:29 pm

Whats the deal with its loading and stuff again, will it be running 2 trains with a 3rd in standby?

Is it just going to be that it begins to load next train when the other has left the station and wait to unload when you come back until next train has left, or is there something a bit more clever going on, i heard a twin loading and unloading platform or something somewhere? so it can be simulataneous.

Looks in pic above like simple (slow) loading and unloading all in same place and a maintainance track.

I hope somebody understands my post and i explained my thoughts ok

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:54 pm

I have just noticed that the launched straight for Stealth is angled and isnt totally horizontal. thats poo! does anyone know why they have done that??

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:09 am

I think Rita is the same, I believe its so it wont get stuck on flat track, if the launch for whatever reason was not powerfull enough the train would always return to the station, or atleast come back as far as the brake fins on the track just outside the station. I am told Kingda Ka has been known to do a false start without enough power, it comes back to the station and is normally launched again straight after.

Any ideas on the Loading and Unloading of this beauty then?

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:06 am

Thanks for the reply dude, that would make sense. I have been lucky enough to ride Top Thrill Dragster and what you were saying about "you hearing that Kingda Ka sometimes rolls back", thats true. In the queue line for TTD the are numberous signs saying "Occasionally the train will not clear the top crest, do not be alarmed the train will return safely and slowly to the station"............ (plop). Luckily (thank the lord) our train cleared it first time, but the train did fall back at least 1 out of 10 times. Lets hope Stealth doesnt have that problem!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:30 am

All launched coasters have inclined launch track. This is so that the cable which pulls the train along as it launches can roll back along the groove in the track into the station to attach to the next train. Plus of course helps when a rollback takes place.

Rollbacks are not a problem, They are apparantly one of the best things on tophat rocket coasters. I for one badly want to be in a stealth rollback.

Any ideas on the Loading and Unloading of this beauty then?

The station is exactly the same as Rita's meaning the loading will be exactly the same too. :)

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:37 pm

^ The reason for having an inclined launch track is exactly what he said. It also means you dont need anything to push the train back towards the station if it does roll back. It can be stopped on the launch by the Copper alloy fins, and then can roll back smoothly and slowly.

Rollbacks are not a problem, They are apparantly one of the best things on tophat rocket coasters. I for one badly want to be in a stealth rollback.

I also want to be in that train. :D Roll backs look awesome. :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:19 pm

www.tussaudszone.com

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:21 pm

Found on Southparks? :P

But yeah, good news. Hopefully this should be a lot better than the Rita one as they have had a lot more time to prepare.