UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:09 pm

Have you noticed they are painting the bottom of the supports black and white?

On the left.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:11 pm

Well, it is in the plans so it's hardly suprising.

- Now i'm really getting excited about this thing, not long at all until i can ride it.

Anonymous

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:29 pm

I know it's in the plans but im just pointing out that they have started.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:36 pm

Even though xcelerator and stealth are the same size, if you look at an xcel photo of the top hat and a stealth top hat pic stealth looks much bigger, or is it just me.

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:47 pm

"Dr Pop Rocket" wrote:
Way better than rita's theming, i think this could be the worlds best themed rocket coaster.

No offence but i really dont think so. It wont beat Superman at movie world Australia. That looks to be the best roket coaster yet, along with storm runner IMO and is said to have amazing themeing when it is done. :D In fact, that 4ride is actually my wallpaper on my desktop because it looks so nice. :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:57 pm

Has any one noticed the fencing that has been completed?

http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/images/expl ... aining.JPG

It creates the hap hazard look, but if they are really going to call it The edge dont you think the themeing is wrong? The Edge creates a clean cut, futuristc feel (to me anyway) and the fencing just isnt as clean cut as the name portrais.

What does everyone else think? The fencing makes me think of the Dukes of Hazard!LOL
Kinda Texan style!

Actually looking at the photo is this the finished fencing? It looks to calculated to be tempory fencing?

Anyway any one have any ideas?

Anonymous

Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:16 pm

I just want to know what colour they will paint the fencing as with the right colour it could look very good.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:45 pm

That is the real fence that will be used and that is the colour of it, all they have to do now is staine it, basically it will be like ritas.

Philman
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:08 pm

It creates the hap hazard look, but if they are really going to call it The edge dont you think the themeing is wrong? The Edge creates a clean cut, futuristc feel (to me anyway) and the fencing just isnt as clean cut as the name portrais.

No-one has ever said it will be called "The Edge". That was an option in a joke pole on the main site. amoungst the likes of "Johnny Rocket". To be honest, i dont think it will be called any of the names on that pole.[/quote]
What a fad.

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:27 pm

"Philman" wrote:

No-one has ever said it will be called "The Edge". That was an option in a joke pole on the main site. amoungst the likes of "Johnny Rocket". To be honest, i dont think it will be called any of the names on that pole.
[/quote]

If you read back a few pages i think you will find at one point someone said the name MAY be 'The Edge'.

Rollercoaster 4 Life
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:40 pm

Thorpe Park are cutting it abit later for the name release arent they ?

It says late (ish) Novemeber so we should expect it soon (next couple of days if all goes to plan) :D
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID][color=#000000]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!

Anonymous

Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:01 pm

Bob: King of speed!

I like the name Hotrod and Sky High.

Luke excell
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:44 pm

Amity Cove Dragracers or AC Drag racers for short

i cannot wait to ride this it looks so fab but in all the photos i have seen i havent seen it next to detonator well i have seen it once but they where closer to detonator and they looked the same even know they wernt well hopefully the testing shud be soon something for us all to look forward to! :D

Anonymous

Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:06 pm

"Amity Cove Dragracers" Thats just a rip of TTD.

Williscroft

Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:29 pm

If you watch the video of the area thats on the Thorpe Park web site it shows the Q-Line in a nice green colour so maybe it will be stained then painted green. :) Cant wait to take some picys of this next year :D

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:58 pm

Whoever was commenting of the queue line looking themed.all of thorpes rides are mainly like that, it just looks different becuase its not stained.

Anonymous

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:03 pm

What will the ride be like on opening day (15th) as I am planning on going.

Philman
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:04 pm

"symone""][quote=""Philman" wrote:

No-one has ever said it will be called "The Edge". That was an option in a joke pole on the main site. amoungst the likes of "Johnny Rocket". To be honest, i dont think it will be called any of the names on that pole.
[/quote]

If you read back a few pages i think you will find at one point someone said the name MAY be 'The Edge'.[/quote]

The word "may" is completly different from the word "will" or "is"

Phil :)
What a fad.

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:05 pm

"Matt_" wrote:
Whoever was commenting of the queue line looking themed.all of thorpes rides are mainly like that, it just looks different becuase its not stained.

I think i walk around with my eyes closed!LOL i know the queue lines are themed but this isnt one i have seen before (did i say i walk around with my eyes closed?!)

Is Rita like this as well?
EDIT: no ritas isnt like this it is regulated fencing not he hpa hazard style
http://gallery.towersalmanac.com/displa ... m=30&pos=7

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:13 pm

I hope The queline is much better than Ritas. Also i hope they cover them horrid support foundations up! Rita looks incredibly horrid with all them nuts and bolts poking out the ground.
Hopefully the quelines will of been sanded or something, its amazing to count the ammount of splinters iv had in my hands and also massive splinters i had got in an old coat!

The name however - I aint really fussed, im just hoping it isnt summat crap or cheesy. i want something normal but Fantastic! (if ya know what i mean)
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz