UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:45 pm

trust me if you heard about what they do you would be a bit surprised.

Well go on then tell me.

Anonymous

Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:09 pm

Yeah can you tell us stockywolf?

Also, just thinking, maybe this special treat is an advert? :-?

Tom_Skeleton
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:35 am

I very much doubt it as we are nearly at Christmas. I reckon it will be an on ride video. A 5% off voucher, A chance to win something, or perhpas a chance to meet the developers at Thorpe.

Anyway I think that it might be
Amity Speed Rally or
Amity Hot Rod Ralley or
Something else Amity Related

:D

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:27 pm

*stokywolf :wink:
Well with Rita they did a non stop test run for over 18 or so hours so i was told. Rita might of only had testing that intense because they were trying to open it as quickly as they could especially with the time span from construction completeing and ride opening date.I don't know if they would do the same with Stealth or not unless its a requirment by Health and safety.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:07 pm

http://www.dynamic3.co.uk/project.asp?ID=207 i want a job with this company!
I take it they cannot release any pics until Thorpe do :lol:

John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:21 pm

Evidently, seeing as they're using a picture of rita behind the words project stealth.

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:32 pm

"duckman" wrote:
Evidently, seeing as they're using a picture of rita behind the words project stealth.

I presume they did the theming for Rita as well but cant find anything on their site.
This may be a silly question but were Ritas cars red before the design was put on? (dont know if the covering on the cars is blue or if they were origionaly blue?)

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:09 am

One car was blue and the other was purple. I just want to see the launch lights because thats what builds up the suspense on Rita. I wonder if Stealth will have a launch sound like Rita's? (Keep your heads back and hold on tight were counting down blah blah blah Go go goo!) One of the main things that makes a ride brilliant is the themeing so lets hope that its brilliant unlike another rocket coaster. *Cough*Rita*Cough*. ;)

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:13 am

Looking at the construction archive, it would appear that the cars came already themed. I thought the same when i saw the red cars arrive at thorpe. Lets hope they look as sexy as the Rita ones do! lol

Luke excell
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:43 am

My mate that lives up in surry near thorpe park told me he got footage of the test from the road outside the entrance gate to the main carpark! :shock: im not sure if hes telling the truth but if it is i will try and post it up!

finally some answers :o :o

im going to ask him 2 e-mail me the footage i will tell you i will pumple him if hes lying! :twisted: *he is a prone to lie so dont put ur hopes up*

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:37 pm

"Luke excell" wrote:
My mate that lives up in surry near thorpe park told me he got footage of the test from the road outside the entrance gate to the main carpark! :shock: im not sure if hes telling the truth but if it is i will try and post it up!

finally some answers :o :o

im going to ask him 2 e-mail me the footage i will tell you i will pumple him if hes lying! :twisted: *he is a prone to lie so dont put ur hopes up*

Well any luck yet?

Hope he is telling the truth!

Anonymous

Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:08 am

I havent realy been folowing this topic much but ive just had a quick skim through a few pages and had a look at thorpes website im realy excited now for the test videos and its name and i would realy like to see if it has any roll backs on the ride it must be cool to be on the ride wile thats happening.I wounder if we will have any problems like kingda Ka had when it stoped at the top?

Luke excell
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:04 am

i am unable to reach him at the moment due to the snow he was quite giggley on the phone *he sometimes does that wen he lies* i miught be able to get to him on the new year or i see if he can e-mial it to me

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:19 am

I would say he was lying. Unless he was having a nice evening stroll outside TP, with a digital camera on him, and he caught about 4 seconds of the train going the top hat, which would be very hard to do because you would have to get the camera out and then take a movie, he would be telling the truth. He could of had his mobile handy, but there wouldn't be enough time to take a film.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

barryzola

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:34 am

How about just not saying anything next time until you've actually got the video. Sounds like complete and utter bollocks to me.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:57 am

Smell something?

. Anyhow!

What do people think the new logo will look like? Do we think it will have the similar shap to TP's past rides? Or mayeb something more somewhat original?

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:02 pm

I think that it will have the top hat in the logo. Like the shadow in the background. If not it will be a car with flames or something more to do with cars.

Tom_Skeleton
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:18 pm

Here it is the

TTF Project Stealth Logo Competition

Just design a logo and post it here and we'll see who's the best

There's my crap attempt :D

Anonymous

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:34 pm

Anyone know about the Premier Screaming for Annual Pass holders on the night of Friday 14th March? Read on ATA that it was happening.but I don't know anything other than what I've just written.?

I'll be there. 8) I would say Boy Permitting, but if you're not willing to get the day off work, Craig, I'll see you on the Saturday there. 8)

Anonymous

Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:08 am

Kaycee, Not to cause offence but Thorpe Opens Wednesday 15th March, so the 14th is on a tuesday, maybe premiere screaming is on the friday before?
:P
And thanks for my Happy birthday TTF, ( got a message lol)