UK theme parks from another point of view!

The_Storyteller
TT Member
TT Member

Stealth

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:27 pm

Stupid legal reasons ,why can't we be 16? Eh well, just have to wait for 15th instead. I think the logo looks really good, and the faces are just funny (to me anyway)

(P.S. look at the opening times page on the main site. Can anyone shead any light on late night events between 14th to the 17th April?)

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:51 pm

Loving the logo but cant see the connection to this and the themeing? the logo looks slick and sinister and the themeing looks rickety and Beverly hill billy!

wouldnt it have looked good if there theming matched the logo?

Well i like stealth as a name, i entered the comp and would be fab if i got tickets, either way we are going on the 16th March, i am lucky, Thorpe is fairly local.

Wonder what the car theming will look like? Any ideas?

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:17 pm

You can actually enter, but not yourself! It says you can't enter if under 16, it doesn't mean you cant go though. So get someone 16+ to enter for you, and you can go. I don't think Thorpe will care on the day though.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Stealth

Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:25 pm

"The_Storyteller" wrote:
Stupid legal reasons ,why can't we be 16? Eh well, just have to wait for 15th instead. I think the logo looks really good, and the faces are just funny (to me anyway)

(P.S. look at the opening times page on the main site. Can anyone shead any light on late night events between 14th to the 17th April?)

No you plonker.

You must be 16 years or over to enter, and anyone under 18 years of age will need parental/guardian consent, and be accompanied on the day.

Williscroft

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:39 pm

Thank god the name was kept as Stealth :D I love it and i think the logo is ace with the ride being part of the name :) I saw this at skool earlyer today but couldn't post as i dont know my password lol. I realy realy want to be on the test rides in feb but have no chance of getting there :(

Surpose it will be better for me to go in the summer months anyway as all the attractions there will be new to me :) Looks like major attractions in the Tussauds group are going to start getting their own website now dosent it. :)

OMG newsflash, my dad just tolled me to enter the stealth feb thing :D i could be riding after all :D :D :D Just to make shure, you only have to be 16 to enter dont you, like my dad could enter and me being 15 could still ride :?: :?:

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:08 am

Stealth will (according to press release) have its own Live DJ on Peak Days.

Fun! :D

John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:22 am

I like the logo but IMO it doesn't suit the theming at all. That sort of logo needs a futuristic style theming (it might have worked well in X sector for example).

To me a coaster named stealth implies a miltary themed terrain or underground coaster, with most or all of the ride hidden until you ride it. If stealth was that sort of ride the logo would suit it better too.

The_Storyteller
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:19 pm

No you plonker.

That was undeserved. Thorpe might not have the needed insurance during the closed season for under sixteens, that's all I was suggesting

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:23 pm

Kaz you have been warned about being offensive to other members. Kindly don't.

Seems like standard competition rules to me.

Great 'mummy can i go ride stealth' screw that.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:19 pm

Unless the park is 5 minutes away i think its best to wait until park opening, for lots of people it would be lots of travelling for one ride, its not going anywhere, wait a month and get the whole park experience with the new ride.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:41 pm

"Adz-TTF" wrote:
Kaz you have been warned about being offensive to other members. Kindly don't.

Seems like standard competition rules to me.

Great 'mummy can i go ride stealth' screw that.

For crying out loud! All I said was no you plonker! If you find that offensive you might aswell jump off a cliff!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:43 pm

It was still a comment towards a member meant in a less than friendly mannor.
As was that towards me. I shan't jump off a cliff thank you very much.

Moving on, back on topic.

Chris J
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:15 pm

Why do people think the logo does not fit in with the theme? I think it is just the black background of the page that is putting people off.

Take a good look at the logo. You can see if it were real it would be made of steel and the red stripes as glowing neons. To me that suggests 1950's diner! If Stealth is the name of the vehicle (like Rita is), then you can just imagine the Stealth logo on the front of the car like a badge.

The Stealth logo actually reminded me of the Xcellerator logo, which just so happens to be a 1950's theme also:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1574.htm?picture=26

As I said, I think it's the black background and the silver lettering that is making people think it's too futuristc and X Sector like. But I see what they have done with it to make it look sophisticated AND 1950's style. Tussaud's aren't THAT stupid, they won't make an X-Sector themed logo for an Amity Cove themed ride!

Going back to the actual name, if the vehicle is called Stealth, then it is implying that the "owner" of the racing car is implying it is sly, and he is keeping the fact secret from other racers that his car is so amazingly fast he will thrash everyone, like a secret weapon, but in a cheesy manor. All racing cars have cheesy names, which is why I think Rita also works. At first look it seems totally meaningless, but it's the vehicle called Rita because it's a slick, curvy car which is almost female.

On top of that drivvel, Stealth just sounds so damn cool :P

Anonymous

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:39 pm

I can see why it's called Stealth now (thanks Chris). The logo is quite cool and I reckon it will look good once with the coaster itself. Quite clever because it's like a snap-back at Rita going by what Chris said; because Stealth is faster.

"Chris J" wrote:
Going back to the actual name, if the vehicle is called Stealth, then it is implying that the "owner" of the racing car is implying it is sly, and he is keeping the fact secret from other racers that his car is so amazingly fast he will thrash everyone, like a secret weapon, but in a cheesy manor.

Yes Stealth was planned before Rita but they kept it quite for quite a while and so do you think TP built the coaster after 'AT's racing coaster' deliberately; so that they could see how fast Rita would be and then they could get a faster coaster as a snap-back at AT to link it to the name Stealth? :-? Obviously TP didn't know it would be called Stealth then though, but the project was was stealth.
Just a thought.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:49 pm

Yes Stealth was planned before Rita but they kept it quite for quite a while

They never kept it quite. It was on the planning permission for anyone to see, for a good few years!

Luke excell
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:54 pm

http://stealth.thorpepark.com/developer ... .asp?css=2

Thorpe have made a mistake - if you look it says on the developer diary January 2005, it's 2006. On the side bar it says January 2006, but above as the title it says January 2005
Last edited by Luke excell on Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:01 pm

Seriously, Luke. What was the point in that post? And can you please not use txt language. It looks untidy and nobody will bother reading your post if it takes twice as long to understand it.

Sigh. *goes to edit post*

Ryan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:39 pm

Although I will probably regret saying this but Kaz slightly reminds me of the old you (Adz) Oh, actually it’s the young you, meh, you know what I mean. :wink:

I really like the logo, it’s so simple but very affective. I think the reason why with Rita and Stealth they called it the ‘project name’ as at the time they were unsure if the constructed ride would still suet the name given to the ride’s plans. If they said that was the name from the start they could not really go and change it once people have gotten use to it.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Although I will probably regret saying this but Kaz slightly reminds me of the old you (Adz) Oh, actually it’s the young you, meh, you know what I mean.

Indeed. Considering i was what, 14/15 then and Kaz is actually older than i am now, i think theres a lot to be said on that. But again thats not what this topic is about and i do not wish to cause a mini argument.

----

So, stealth. (so stealth that most of chertsey can probably see it)

Anonymous

Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:00 am

has anyone got or know of any ride test video's yet? because it says on the thorpepark site that they are in the process of testing the ride?