UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:11 pm

"Williscroft" wrote:
:shock: What a ride this is going to be. Looks amazing but i can see alot of people being disapointed with a 10 second ride, i know if i had been Q-ing for hours and it only lasted that long i would probably feel disapointed. Shoots over the top fairly quick aswell, unlike the other tophats over the world, they seem to crawl over them. :)

As long as people are satisfied by the ride and come off like, 'wow!' then i'm not sure they will complain about it being short. Only people who think it's rubbish and compare it to Kingda Ka will complain i think. They would be a right idiot though, you can't compare Stealth to Kingda Ka really :roll:

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:57 pm

The GP are very fickle, they come off a ride and are like "Wow! that was the best ride ever!" but a couple of weeks later it will be "it was good but a bit short"

Williscroft

Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:53 pm

Yer, ive herd so many people on Rita saying "OMG this is amazing" as they are going round and then as they hit the breaks say "you not telling me thats it", I feel people will think its a top class ride but to short just like Oblivion and Rita.

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:05 pm

http://www.themeparkoverload.co.uk/rumours/video/

Two new high quality videos added.
:D
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:39 pm

"themeparkdude" wrote:

I cant see them, the page comes up and the play bar comes up but there is no picture :cry:

Williscroft

Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:35 pm

OMG That 8th videos got me extremely excited, i cant get over how fast it is, it makes me think at times that the video has been speeded up, thats just how fast its looking lol . Owell, with it being a short ride it dosent look like we will be Q-ing to long lol, not for a 10 second ride any ways. Its hard to believe theres actualy breaks on the break hill as you shoot over it like lightening :shock: :D

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:12 pm

it will take 29 seconds
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com

Williscroft

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:32 pm

29 seconds shurley will be including the slow craw back to the station, once you have hit the breaks you can say the ride has ended realy as theres not going to be much excitement from turning 2 corners lol. Still if the ride it extremely shocking and breath taking it might just get the UKs no1 top spot :)

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:39 pm

"symone""][quote=""themeparkdude" wrote:

I cant see them, the page comes up and the play bar comes up but there is no picture :cry:[/quote]

Yay i can see it now!

WOW!

Anonymous

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:36 pm

"Williscroft" wrote:
29 seconds shurley will be including the slow craw back to the station, once you have hit the breaks you can say the ride has ended realy as theres not going to be much excitement from turning 2 corners lol. Still if the ride it extremely shocking and breath taking it might just get the UKs no1 top spot :)

It has a chance but what it's competing against has earned the top spot and definately deserves it :D I think people will either think, 'wow :shock:' and then 2 seasons later just be, 'oh yeah Stealth :roll:.' Like Colossus, nobody thinks that's a big deal anymore. Or it could be like Nemesis. First season, 'That was great :D!.' Then a few seasons later, 'I still love that coaster Stealth as much as when i first rode it!'
Once we've ridden it a good few times over a good few years, we can see which we think is better and can say whether we think it's worth UK's No.1. :D

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:50 pm

Like Colossus, nobody thinks that's a big deal anymore.

Erm the public (and me) still can't get enough of Colossus and I bet many Southeners would call it the best ride in the UK.

Anonymous

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:52 pm

I'll re-phase it :D
Not as many people see Colossus as a big deal anymore. Not like it was before.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:49 pm

/ Erm Well I live in essex and everyone at my school thinks colossus is the worlds best coaster and so is nemesis inferno, and once they've seen stealth they will think oh my god the UK has the worlds best coaster. The GP in essex only seem to go to thorpe park with a few exceptions of people.

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:08 pm

www.tussaudszone.com

Anonymous

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:36 pm

"Dr Pop Rocket" wrote:
/ Erm Well I live in essex and everyone at my school thinks colossus is the worlds best coaster and so is nemesis inferno, and once they've seen stealth they will think oh my god the UK has the worlds best coaster. The GP in essex only seem to go to thorpe park with a few exceptions of people.

Oh right, i guess it might still be a big favourite. I take back what i said. Ok, i just basically mean that (IMO) Stealth will either be a coaster where first season everybody/lots of riders are like, 'oh yeah this rules' etc then a few seasons later, 'oh yeah that one, what's it called again, Stealth?:roll:' Or it could be like Nemesis where people love it just as much as when they first rode it. :D

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:54 am

OMG just looking around on the net i came across this,
When top thrill dragster launches it needs to be between 119 MPH and 121 MPH.

On this fine day in 2005 it didnt get enough momentum to make it over the crest. Naturally one would think that it would then roll back, NOPE! The bugger got stuck right at the top for about 15 mins, until an engineer went to the top and pushed the train by hand!

Dont believe me? Have a look for yourself!

http://www.xtremecoastin.com/videos/mis ... k_2005.htm

Lets hope this happens to stealth! :P

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:38 am

/ That was old news it has happened at least 4 times to TTD already, and it is very highly unlikely it will happen to stealth as TTD and KK are on a much larger scale so they will obviously encounter problems. TTD was closed early this season as it was not going at sufficient speed and by my count it has got stuck 5 times.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:58 am

"That was old news" ! ! ! ! !

Well i apologise, for not knowing everything about everything all the time.

Just thought people who DIDNT know that this happened, would maybe like to have a look!

:x

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:06 pm

"scottjenkins" wrote:
OMG just looking around on the net i came across this,
When top thrill dragster launches it needs to be between 119 MPH and 121 MPH.

On this fine day in 2005 it didnt get enough momentum to make it over the crest. Naturally one would think that it would then roll back, NOPE! The bugger got stuck right at the top for about 15 mins, until an engineer went to the top and pushed the train by hand!

Dont believe me? Have a look for yourself!

http://www.xtremecoastin.com/videos/mis ... k_2005.htm

Lets hope this happens to stealth! :P

While it is old news i still like watching it, i would have died if i was on that ride, seriously i think i would have needed an ambulance at the bottom!
i wouldnt have even been able to get in the lift and go up there! ewwww heights!

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:37 pm

"scottjenkins" wrote:
"That was old news" ! ! ! ! !

Well i apologise, for not knowing everything about everything all the time.

Just thought people who DIDNT know that this happened, would maybe like to have a look!

:x

I was only saying it was old news I never said it should'nt be posted.etc Yes people would like to see it, so ay ay calm down calm down :W