UK theme parks from another point of view!

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:10 pm

Thanks for replying, is that 100% certain, coz on the stealth animation on their site, the train came out of the station, onto the catch car and to the lights and then launched!

Cheers S

evil cod

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:15 pm

"scottjenkins" wrote:
One last thing Adz - TTadmin, I know u were trying to prove ur point with the runnymede link, theres peoples names and addresses on there mate which anyone can get access too, if i saw my address on there i would go through the roof. (not being arsy, just puttin me point across).

Anyone can get access to that page through the .gov site! you dont need Adz's link. :roll:

Williscroft

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:16 pm

The starting lights have been attached to the side of the operating booth just like Rita so yes it is going to launch from the station. Also in the animation on the Stealth mini website it launches from the station not partly down the launch track. Ive never been on TTD or KK so carnt coment on how they feel but all i can say is when launching from a station i would think it give the impression of launching at a faster speed with things being so close to you and shooting past :D

Moley

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:16 pm

"Jermain.e" wrote:
I don't see how they have the nerve to name Rita the "Queen of Speed" when a year later they plan to open a much faster one.

Maybe Stealth is a boy, bet you didnt think of that! :lol: Wooo 300th post.

Williscroft

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:22 pm

Also i think another reason that Rita will still be known as the Queen Of Speed even after the opening of Stealth is the fact that it doesnt seem to loose much speed when on the ride and from start to finish its just speed speed speed. :)

Plus other rides wound not be worthy of their names if people always though "well we cant call it that as in a few years i bet another faster etc ride will be out" :D

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:22 pm

One last thing Adz - TTadmin, I know u were trying to prove ur point with the runnymede link, theres peoples names and addresses on there mate which anyone can get access too, if i saw my address on there i would go through the roof. (not being arsy, just puttin me point across).

There planning applications for anyone and everyone to read, your supposed to know the address if your remotely interested in the application.

Its essentially just the thorpe offices address, or at least the planning department they use. It's common knowledge to all those who care.

--

Stealth will 100% confirmed launch out of the station, on the animation it simply goes forward about 1ft, the same as Rita before launching, this is when it is attaching to the catch car.

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:56 pm

Yep Stealth will launch straight from the station. Dont believe us well.

http://www.tussaudszone.com/features/st ... ting/7.php
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 pm

Does anyone know what the large building in this picture is to be used for? It is clearly only a tempary structure, but would be interesting to know.

Anonymous

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 pm

You've got some great vids on there themeparkdude! That launch looks so quick!

I think the new gates would look great! More interesting than the tacky standard ones :roll:. They are soo last week :wink:.

"Williscroft" wrote:
Also i think another reason that Rita will still be known as the Queen Of Speed even after the opening of Stealth is the fact that it doesnt seem to loose much speed when on the ride and from start to finish its just speed speed speed.

Plus other rides wound not be worthy of their names if people always though "well we cant call it that as in a few years i bet another faster etc ride will be out"

Amen to that. Yeah, they couldn't really do that. I mean; Tidal Wave. What if another water ride comes out like that and creates a bigger wave? Would it then be called Big Wave or something :roll:

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:20 pm

Wow,

Like a lamb to the slaughter there!

Firstly i was just putting my opinion across, and nothing was aimed directly at you Adz.

Secondly, AGAIN was asking a simple question and got patronising answers!

Sorry but i thought forums were for voicing your opinion. Obviously on this one its different!

One thing i have noticed on here is ppl get quite arsy with each other and try to compete with "who knows more" FFS guys we are all interested in the same thing and its NOT A COMPETITION!

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:38 pm

"scottjenkins" wrote:
Wow,

Like a lamb to the slaughter there!

Firstly i was just putting my opinion across, and nothing was aimed directly at you Adz.

Secondly, AGAIN was asking a simple question and got patronising answers!

Sorry but i thought forums were for voicing your opinion. Obviously on this one its different!

One thing i have noticed on here is ppl get quite arsy with each other and try to compete with "who knows more" FFS guys we are all interested in the same thing and its NOT A COMPETITION!

I dont think you got patronising answers about the launch, people were just answering your question and showing you vids as well.

The comment about the planning site, well lets face it everyone knows that the planning sites can be accessed by the public, why would you go through the roof?

i do know what you mean about it seeming like it is a competition for who knows the more (believe me i will never fall into that catagory! LOL)
but everyone want to feel like they know something someone else does, its just nature and i dont think anyone means any harm by it.

Anyway back on topic:

When will they start calling the winners of their 'Ride it first' comp.

Well if i dont get to ride it before the park opens i have so me time off work ont he 16th and 17th march so we will go then. Cant wait! :D

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:45 pm

Thanks for the reply Symone.

I see where ur coming from, I was just saying that if my Name and Address was on a website then i would go mad, but thats just me i guess. (Plus i was oblivious to websites like that)

I totally agree with ppl trying to know things first, for example, i only found the video of TTD stopping at the top about a week ago, so i thought i would post it on ere for ppl to see, needless to say i had loads of replys "Thats old news, GOD" etc.

Not everyone would have seen it GROW UP! Do you know wat i mean! FFS get a life!

I just got annoyed when a 14 year old boy replied with
"Yep Stealth will launch straight from the station. Dont believe us well."

Come on mate i was just asking a question! Which doesnt warrant an arsy answer like that! (Dont u have some home-work to do for school tomorrow)!

Phew! Ill get off me soapbox now!

S xx

Anonymous

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:49 pm

(Slightly spammy post)

I think we can leave it there guys. Nice argument :wink: :D

(End of slightly spammy post :wink:)

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:50 pm

BAD NEWS:

Well straight from the Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain Forum, Stealth is having teething problems and it is beleived that the ride may not be ready for opening, also these teething problems have affected the ride it first competition. That is all that I know of so oh well.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:51 pm

I agree, back on topic methinks, sorry if my reply to you scott seemed negative in any way, it wasnt intentional.

Anyway, Stealth.

Indeed Pop Rocket, it's having some major problems and is looking to be delayed a bit, but not as far as park opening as far as i am aware. It should open on time, just without this event taking place beforehand with the compeition 'winners'.

Rather crap actually seeing as the ride has been standing there for about 6 months now.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:55 pm

No worries, Adz.

Yer Stealth. umm,

Was anyone else slightly dissapointed with the Logo, Doesnt really fit in with the Amity themeing does it? It looks a bit too futureistic in my eyes, on the other hand Ritas logo could have been a bot more Cavemanised (just totally made that word up)!

Why on gods name havent Thorpe released a vid yet! Don't they realise we are dying here!

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:58 pm

Oh and which theme park has that accelerator and topple tower on page 39?

Anonymous

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:01 pm

"scottjenkins" wrote:
Was anyone else slightly dissapointed with the Logo, Doesnt really fit in with the Amity themeing does it? It looks a bit too futureistic in my eyes, on the other hand Ritas logo could have been a bot more Cavemanised (just totally made that word up)!

I can see what you're saying as you are not the first to say that. I think somebody, around 5-10 pages back said that it may look better when put my the ride and with a different coloured background. As im sure you know, on the mini-site it is a standard black; so if it has a different background it may suit it better :D. I find the colour on the website too common, at the moment.

"scottjenkins" wrote:
Why on gods name havent Thorpe released a vid yet! Don't they realise we are dying here!

I can see the first vid being an advert :roll:. Ahh well; we already have some great footage from tussauds zone :clap:

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:03 pm

"scottjenkins" wrote:
Oh and which theme park has that accelerator and topple tower on page 39?

Clicky

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:14 pm

Loving the topple tower there! Never seen one before, actually in a park!
They look awesome! One of those in Thorpe would be cewl.

So wat ride do u reckon thorpe are adding in 2007?