UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:26 pm

Taken from themeparks-uk:

- All season lake arena show (located next to Thorpe Park Belle)
- Another round ride (on a similar scale to Slammer or Rush)
- Another high capacity ride in the Stealth area

Looking good but these plans are subject to change. The one i can see most likely to happen is the lake show.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:37 pm

Aww thats boring,

Me thinks a Booster Bike would be awesome next to loggers leap.

However, as Alton has that bloody height restriction they should get some tall flat rides, like a S&S drop tower, like Apocalypse, mulit dimensional, rplace detonator with one of those. Im sure i heard on the grapevine somewhere that a second Detornator was in planning next to the original, but thats probably poo n e ways!

A B & M flyer would be cool tho, next to loggers, across the lake! mmmm (Getting excited at the thought)

I honestly think that Thorpe are going from strenght to strength, another world first is the key guys! We deffo need a Vekoma Tilt in Europe! Also a B & M sit down (to dragon Khans scale) in the UK!

Mattmills
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:33 pm

"hj1984" wrote:
Does anyone know what the large building in this picture is to be used for? It is clearly only a tempary structure, but would be interesting to know.

Think it was for the craft fair but not too sure.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:40 pm

"scottjenkins" wrote:
I honestly think that Thorpe are going from strenght to strength, another world first is the key guys! We deffo need a Vekoma Tilt in Europe! Also a B & M sit down (to dragon Khans scale) in the UK!

Thorpe has certianly come on a long way in the past 5 years, and they are capable of putting in rides that alton can't due to the height limits so I wouldn't be surprised if they get another big coaster, not sure about the tilt coaster idea though. I've only seen that in RCT3 - are the real ones any good, presumably the tilting section would be massive, have huge supports and generally look extremely ugly?

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:47 pm

Hey,

http://rcdb.com/ig1357.htm

There is only one Vekoma tilt coaster in the world and heres the link and a few pics.

http://rcdb.com/ig1357.htm

To be honest the supports are just as ugly as Irn Bru Revolution. The ride does look mighty fun tho!

Bring it on!

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:49 pm

/ I would hate that ride to be built in any UK park, vekoma just screams out roughness and pain.lol

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:50 pm

I don't think I could go on that - I wouldn't trust the holding mechanism, having said that it looks really fun, if a bit of an eyesore, especially as the tilt section has to be the highest part of the ride!

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:54 pm

aww man i reckon it would be awesome! Vekoma are rough yes, however the pnly sit down vekomas in this country are the old corcscrew models which have been standing for many years, and like all coasters get rougher with age.

So it would be a nice ride, for the first 20 or so years!

Anonymous

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:01 pm

Isnt this topic meant to be about Steath? Not a tilt coaster?

I really cant wait to go on stealth, I dont really like Thorpe park as ive just never liked the atmosphere but ive never been on a coaster with a top hat so it will be a new experience for me. Roll on July for my visit :D

Anyone got ideas what the queues are going to be liek? 3 hours plus probably :roll:

:sus:

Anonymous

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:01 pm

I see a flat ride being added in june time like slammer. probs not next to stealth but where votex is. If it comes back. I would think another coaster in 2008 or could we all be stunned the a another in 2007.
Thorpe is defo catching alton in numbers of coasters and how good they. In a year or two i really do think thorpe will be the number 1 park in the uk.
I think we need a worlds first at thorpe. Alton have and 2 now. thorpe needs one.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Sorry scouser lad, we got carried away chatting.

Ahem, Wheres Vortex gone? i heard nothing of the sort lol.

I heard Quantum is F**king off to chessington (land of boringness), but nothing about Vortex!

Anonymous

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:01 pm

"Willow" wrote:

Anyone got ideas what the queues are going to be liek? 3 hours plus probably :roll:

:sus:

I think it will be long but move nicely. They will have 2 trains out and the ride is what 30secs so i should move rather well. Probably max 2 hours without any breakdowns i reckon. Maybe less :-?

Also, scott, i have no idea what you're talking about with Vortex :-?

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:53 pm

Can i remind you that this topic is for Stealth discussion and Stealth discussion only. Kindly make a new topic if you wish to discuss in great length any other aspects of Thorpe Park.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:01 pm

Oops, kinda waiting for that.

Sorry Adz

:wink:

GForce2
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:13 pm

Ahem, Wheres Vortex gone? i heard nothing of the sort lol.

It's been completely dismanted to be given bit of heavy duty servicing, don't worry it isn't going anywhere and will be back up soon enough. Remember it doesn't exactly take too long to erect a KMG Afterburner.
Inferno area op/attendant

Anonymous

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:03 pm

Somebody from ukcoastercollection to a trip down to TP on the 2nd and saw that site workers are now putting up the launch lights :D:

It's coming along nicely.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:05 pm

Look at the fence at the bottom it has the faces on it. Cool.

Anonymous

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:07 pm

Oh yeah didn't notice that. Looks as though it will have good theming if they are putting the flash icons from the website on the fences aswell as racing kurbs.

Williscroft

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:37 pm

Loving the controll booth i must say, like the way its slanted unlike Ritas, gives it that extra va va vooom to it lol. Getting very close to that opening time of year, anyone starting to get nervous lol :?:

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:40 pm

/ I am really excited I actually shake from excitement when I see pictures of it. (that just shows how stupidly obsessed I am with Roller Coaster.lol) I must say the station is looking alot nicer than ritas.