UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:50 pm

I think the whole project has been more of an success then ritas. The themeing is better however they dont hace corkscrew there so thats why there themeing was better.

Im going on opening day i think. Cannoyt wait

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:24 pm

There is a mini update in the developer diary
http://stealth.thorpepark.com/developer ... .asp?css=2

I have to say it is looking fantastic, a lot of planning and preperation has gone into it not like another ride that popped up last year *cough - Rita - cough*

Cant wait! not long to go now

Does anyone know what designs are on the cars? will it be the same as Rita?

Ryan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:03 pm

The ride looks far better than I originally thought it was going to, I really like the design and colouring of the supports on the top hat. I do agree that the theming is better than Rita’s, but then again I hate people that compare things. The atmosphere around this ride looks like it’s going to be amazing, with the radio etc…

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:43 am

"Ryan" wrote:
I hate people that compare things

Well i think with the 2 rides opening so close to each other in time, looking so simular (buildings etc) then there will be a lot of people making comparisons.

Hate is such a strong word isnt it? :roll:

Ryan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:22 pm

"symone""][quote=""Ryan" wrote:
I hate people that compare things

Well i think with the 2 rides opening so close to each other in time, looking so simular (buildings etc) then there will be a lot of people making comparisons. [/quote]

The same people worked on both rides, it’s bound to happen.

"symone" wrote:
Hate is such a strong word isnt it? :roll:

I can think of much stronger words. :roll:

Gary S
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Reading the new diary section on the website, it reinforces my views (and those that people have mentioned) that the logo is looking too futuristic. I mean when you have got an old-style american raceway themeing to the ride, a logo like that is going to look out of place.

Still, I am damn looking forward to riding this baby, roll on when it opens! :D
A frown is a SMILE turned upside down...

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Reading the new diary section on the website, it reinforces my views (and those that people have mentioned) that the logo is looking too futuristic. I mean when you have got an old-style american raceway themeing to the ride, a logo like that is going to look out of place.

The logo looks like it's made of chrome just like many car parts so I think it fits in OK could've though of a better name such as Humdinger.

bond231
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:20 pm

Yeah I think the logo will look slightly out of place. Better name = That fast launchy ride (bless those chavs)

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:24 pm

Joe-07
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:56 pm

I've got to say I am very impressed with the look of this ride :) Deffornately going to get myself down to thorpe park this year :D

John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:08 pm

It looks like the queue line has about 4 seperate lanes in that photo - what are they all for?

The logo is beginning to grow on me, it does have a retro look to it, and the font they've used is pretty stylish. I still don't think stealth is a good name for Europe's third highest coaster (behind silver star and PMBO, in case you were wondering), unless its meant to be ironic.

Despite the fact that compared with kingda ka stealth is tiny I think this will be a great addition to thorpe as there's nothing like it in the UK and it could become a favourite for a lot of people. Obviously comparisons with rita are inevitable, but to me they are completely different and people should just enjoy both.

Hopefully I'll be able to fit in a trip to thorpe this year to try out stealth for myself, this ride can only help thorpes growing reputation for having great, well themed rides, and though I hate to say it, the park seems to be catching up with alton fast.

Williscroft

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Loving the amount of themeing going into this ride, they are realy making a great job of it, i might even have to go as far to say if they keep on installing rides like this and with such good themeing they are going to give Alton Towers a right run for their money lol.

Cant wait to get on this beast now :D

Mattmills
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:29 pm

wow looks superb they are really putting a lot of effort into this ride with the themeing and everything i seriously cant wait for the 15th of March now

spark
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:01 am

"duckman" wrote:
the park seems to be catching up with alton fast.

I think apart from the surroundings, Thorpe probably has just a good line up of rides as Alton.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:19 am

I think apart from the surroundings, Thorpe probably has just a good line up of rides as Alton.

If not better.

Totally agree with you there pal.

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:37 pm

"duckman" wrote:
It looks like the queue line has about 4 seperate lanes in that photo - what are they all for?

2 of them will be to the ride which will probably go together at the station.
1 will be for front row
1 will be for single riders and disabled guests.
Thats a guess anyway.

The whole ride is looking really nice and the themeing top notch.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:06 pm

lane 1: is for normal queue
lane 2: fastrack
lane 3: single riders
lane 4: front row.

Disabled guests going up stairs matt? they have a lift for that i think.

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:17 am

:P Good point Adz. If anyone hadnt noticed the 'Ride It First' page has been updated.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:46 pm

Would that be to do with problems with the ride so pushing the ride it first thing back a bit, or sheer numbers like they say mmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:48 pm

Update!

Click me!