UK theme parks from another point of view!

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:14 pm

Ok.

How many spaces were there for the ride it first?

I cant remember

AstroDan

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:38 pm

Just wanted to apologise for effectively starting the TP/AT 'debate'.

Sorry if it got people a bit annoyed and that it was a bit off topic.

Looking forward to Stealth.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:25 am

No moderators in here yet, i'm shocked

I view all three parks as one, they complement each other, do things the others cant and this argument has been done before and where it should of been, not in a Stealth discussion topic, Stealth v Rita, ok i suppose, parks in general noooooooooooooo.

Tussauds are not trying to make Thorpe better than Alton so it wont be, they want you to visit all there attractions, spend more cash and make more money, simple.

Rollercoaster 4 Life
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:26 am

"scottjenkins" wrote:
RIGHT!

Guys listen, this is ridiculous FFS!.

Please dont fall out over which is better Thorpe or AT, it all comes down to opinions. And yes we all have our views, which we are entitled to air.

Hinting at something Scott? :lol:

Anyway, back to Stealth :W (oops I put in Willy Wonka, where is he to appear soon? :-? :lol: )
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID][color=#000000]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:50 am

Hinting at something Scott?

Now would i do something like that?!?!? :wink:

Crofty

Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:53 am

"timmy1372" wrote:
No moderators in here yet, i'm shocked

Theres no need for a moderator, you had a nice little debate over which is best TP/AT (of which we have had MANY in the past) and you've got yourselves back on topic.

Just what we like to see :D

:D :D

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:08 am

I didnt say there was a need just shocked that we have not seen one, they must all be out :lol: :D :W

All the Tussauds parks have different strengths and different things that i like, thats why they work so well as a group, because they are not the same and not trying to be the same, all good 8)

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:10 am

Hey pps,

Dont know if u r aware but Video 9 and 10 have been put on www.tussaudszone.com.
Vid 9 is brill, u really can see the acceleration the car reaches.

Also, Are thorpe gonna be doing TV adverts for Stealth, and if so, when are they likely to be aired! They are leaving it a wee bit late!

GForce2
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:24 am

If I remember rightly ads for Colly and Inferno didn't go out until a week or two before the park re-opened. They'll do it to aim to interest people for the Easter hols, first major holiday period and each day tends to have a higher gate figure on average then summer hols.

Suppose less families go away during easter then summer and need something to do to keep the kids entertained.
Inferno area op/attendant

Cjw
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:14 pm

Inferno didn't go out till the night before opening infact. Colossus was similar.

AstroDan

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:37 pm

Do the ads for the parks go out nationwide? I cannot remember seeing a TP ad on TV round here,,,?

Anonymous

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:45 pm

Ok, ive missed alot since ive been away. Not alot of Stealth discussion gone on though :lol:.

The video testing 10 makes the ride look amazing! I cannot wait till the easter holidays so i can go ride the beast.

AstroDancer, i believe the advert would definately go nationwide as they want as many guests as possible to visit the park. Maybe you were unlucky and never caught them on the TV :-?.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:17 pm

Williscroft

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:28 pm

wow i didnt know they were doing one of them. Looks realy good when it gets to the point of fright nights and its all lit up. Were getting closer to those testing videos i feel lol :D Think im going to wait till the summer to ride it though as ive never been thorpe before and want a nice hot day to enjoy all the rides :D

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:35 pm

I am afraid our testing videos are not online at the moment, because Tussauds Zone needs to go through some essential maintenance. They will be back up soon.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:11 pm

wow that video was great but in the middle there was a long period of time when they were doing nothing

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:48 pm

One word and that is Christmas! (I think)

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:51 pm

Nice quick witted reply matey.

However

Stealth was completed before christmas!

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:06 pm

I did have that thought in the back of my head when writing that post (thats why I put I think) but I thought what the hell. In that case it must have been themeing, landscaping and so on.
Last edited by Kaz on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:07 pm

i just thought why didnt they built it over the lake or is there a restriction?