UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:07 pm

I was talking about that on CF and at the end of the day it all came down to cost.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:10 pm

Cheaper not to I think

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:43 pm

lol

Kaz i like your attitude, that is the kind of response i would have put heh heh heh .

Hat off to you and your wit.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:42 pm

STEALTH.

I just phoned thorpe park asking when stealth will open. The lady at thorpe told me it is confirmed that it will open at the end of april earliest. But most likely early may. This means stealth will not open till about mid-season. What could be taking so long to test this coaster.

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:44 pm

i thought it would open early construction ended in december why should testing be taking so long?

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:47 pm

I dont know. I just phoned thorpe about 5 minutes ago and asked when will it open. Shes said late april-early may. I was like :x .

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:13 pm

That always seems to be the case with these launch coasters, they're extremely unreliable, though I would have thought that they would have got all of these issues sorted by now, there are quite a lot of hydraulic launched coasters now.

Also, as stealth is less than half the size of kindga ka it doesn't need to be so powerful so you'd expect it to be more reliable.

Anonymous

Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:25 pm

I wouldnt listen to that women she probs just sat and the information desk with no information. the site will be updated if there was a problem with opening. But April thats not correct, maybe later march i would say.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:42 pm

Yer I just called them again and this is what I was told. This other lady told me the ride was going to open on the 15th march. But there have been some technical problems that need to be sorted out. The ride has not got a confirmed opening date yet. She said details will be posted about opening etc on the site soon.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:24 pm

It is delayed by approximately a week.

It will certainly be open by april, what a load of bilge.

Anonymous

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:27 pm

See lol. People at the information desks no nothing. Im sure if it wasnt going to open till late april they would of said on their site so people didnt book the day off. :?

Anonymous

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:58 pm

I read pop rocket's first post on this little subject and started to panic! I thought yikes :yikes: as i am really looking forward to riding Stealth in easter holidays for my birthday :pelvic:. Yeah, people at information desks don't actually know what really is going on though do they as they are not working on the coaster :roll:.

Does anybody know what is going on with the coaster. I imagine it would be common problems with new coasters?

Simps100
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:53 am

I dont think anyone apart from the people working on the ride know whats happening. To be honest i wouldnt be suprised if its open with the park or being just one or two days late.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:38 pm

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

There seems to be alot of confusion about when Stealth is gonna open. I have the news.

I rang them this morning and explained that my mates and I have booked to come down on the 27th March.

However.

There are rumours that Stealth has gone Tech.

The male on the phone said that the rumours are correct and although he cannot give me a specific opening date he assured me that April would be the month of opening. I asked about competition winners being the first to ride, and he stated that yes, the winners will still be allowed to ride first however it will be later than originally advertised.

Can you imagine if you are not a competition winner and when you visit the park the winners are there riding Stealth and you're not allowed anywhere near it! Arrgghh! I would go spare!

Well anyway im oficially gutted that its not gonna be open now i have booked tickets! Bloody teething problems! Cause the death of me!

Anonymous

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:54 pm

Much like when rita let hotel guests on and not normal guest. its nice knowing staff tho :wink:

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:04 pm

Officially gutted about this ride it looked so ahead of schedule that it couldnt be late but oh well cant be helped i guess, complex machines that they are.

Just glad i organised my first trip of the year to be at AT, give Stealth a chance to get sorted for a later trip :wink:

Williscroft

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:10 pm

Timmy152005 They also let Annual Pass holders on Rita on the soft openings as i managed 6 rides :P :D Was so kool being there and knowing your one of the first to be on it, kind of added a scare factor to it actualy a bit like your the first batch of human test dummies lol :lol: :D

I personaly wouldnt take anything as confirmed just yet as people have rung up and got different responces, lets just see wht happens :)

Luke excell
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:45 pm

crp that means i will have to wait for it to open and i was lookin forward to going end march damit :x

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:50 pm

I have a mate flying all the way from america. He really wanted to go on stealth. He is very annoyed now as he wont get to ride stealth until his trip next year now. He is gutted.

Anonymous

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:05 pm

I would be so gutted too. I was going to Thope once and was really looking forward to riding NI. Got there, found out it was closed :(.

I saw Stealth today! We were coming back from our geog trip and was on the M25. Drove past Staines area, saw Stealth. Got me really hyped up. It looks great!