UK theme parks from another point of view!

AstroDan

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:58 pm

The most amazing coaster you have ridden? Better than Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus, Air, Rita, Oblivion? Perhaps better than some of those but really. better than all?

If so then wow! That is some commendation of the ride!

I've read a few comments here and on ATA and the overall thoughts are that it is a good ride. I am dissapointed though - according to someone on ATA it only lasts 10 seconds from launch to brakes. Overall though. it seems to do the job.

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Well its how highly people rate things and although i like 'Nemesis, NI, Colossus, air and Rita' i've never really thought they were that amazing, but to me Stealth was something extremely special. Yes it is roughly 10-15 seconds long but that doesn't seem to be an issue when you ride it. The initial launch is so amazing that it isn't a problem. I can only imagine what Kingda-Ka and TTD are like! :mrgreen:
Touch my beans... said the man!

sammie04

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Wow it certainly looks good. I can't wait to ride it whenever I go it looks so fast I'd be terrified on my first time :lol: .

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:22 pm

Got 2 rides on Stealth today, with low expectations (we know its short) it was better than expected.

I knew the area was themed well, that was obvious from all the pictures, its very good infact, when everything is running, including Tidal Wave (which was not, no water) the whole area is going to look fantastic, it was quiet at the park with many rides out of action (powercut yes), Stealth was very reliable on its first day though, and no rollbacks :( :(

The ride itself was very good, the launch is impressive and i doubt re-riding will lessen the effect too much, if anything the second time was more enjoyable but still impressive, the top hat is great, being that high up with no track to be seen is a pleasant experience especially as get a bit of airtime, coming down and airtime hill into brakes was my favourite, if the restraint is loose enough you do lift up on the brakes which are pretty sharp.

Although its short it packs lots in and each feature is very memorable, a superb addition to Thorpe, the location over the lake is also stunning.

I'm not going to say its amazing because that makes people expect more, go ride it with a open mind and you should be pleasantly surprised.

To sum up its worth a ride, and some more.

The only problem i had was when i got to the top, i thought, this is very impressive but whats twice this height got to be like, a trip to the USA is an expensive way to find out, which given the constraints the Park has (ie not 400ft), i'm happy they built this so called "mini version", it packs a punch in its own right and its a bolder move than people give them credit for, they could of not bothered at all:wink:

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:49 pm

Nicely put timmy.

Went on Stealth today 3 times! I was expecting the launch to be considerably more powerful than Rita, but in MHO it was quite similar. Great feeling, great views and what a drop.

Only one train operating today, but it was eating the queues very quickly due to efficient batching and loading!

Like timmy said, go with an open mind and enjoy it!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:51 pm

Simply brilliant.

Words can't really describe how it feels. - Whoever says this isnt a good coaster needs some help.

Anonymous

Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:44 pm

Agreed with all of the above.

I adore this ride. I'll push the boat out and say it's brilliant. The effect never faded. There was this compulsion when hitting the brakes to punch the air and yell 'WOOOO!' and the staff on the unloading block obviously knew how we felt because they'd be watching the train and punching the air with us. Completely exhilerating. The launch is perfect - flawless, enjoyable and incredibly speedy.

There's not quite an experience like this in the UK. It's like Rita and Oblivion mashed together - but better. :D

Andyc Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:55 am

Completly agree with you all, the launch itself is amazing, if you think that the time you realize what is happening you are 200 feet in the air, the ride was amazing and people walked off saying how good it was. The way down was amazing, and seeing the whole park, completly perfect.

I feel it also suitable to say how amazing the staff were, and how they added to the day, they were chatting, laughing, singing along to the launch and it was just amazing. All the staff were perfect.

I would say that its better than Rita, you have a better launch and the height is great. From what everyone was saying it has gone down very well. And only broke down 1 in the day, so starting alot better than Rita, (But we will see how it carries on)

Anonymous

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:26 am

As Uncle Dan and Kaycee have said, we got the chance to ride this beast, three times in all. She doesn't disappoint. After eating the que in less than 40 minutes, the nervous moment arrived to step into the seat, not helped by watching a lad in the previous train bottle it at the last moment. Nonetheless, we persisted and Jesus, this is a ride to be felt and not described - expect everything you read about it to pale into insignificance once you've boarded!

I'd expected a cross between Rita and Oblivion, but asides from the launch (which felt comparable to Rita's, but a little more forceful), there really is no comparison. It might be short, but every fraction of those 15 seconds is action packed and constantly changing. First there is the shock of the launch, followed by some extreme g forces literally pushing your head down, then a quick flip and you realise you're at the top. A surreal calm descends for a second or so, giving a chance to look around and BANG! - you're accellerating once again straight into the ground and looking at the approaching hill, which literally throws you out of your seat. At this point the break run kicks in, pushing you forward whilst you're still flying out of your seat - a very surreal experience. Knowing glances, whooping and cheering and you're back in the station - greeted by the awesome staff (particularly Nathan) whipping up a frenzy.

Re-riding didn't seem to take anything away - probably due to the ride's shortness and the fact that the ride experience constantly changes throughout the course. On each ride I only seemed to have three or four images in my mind - almost like snapshots - of points in the ride, the rest just seemed like a blur.

The area's fantastic, the ride's short, but top notch, the station is brilliantly organised and the queue feels quite open for a cattle-pen. It's such a great addition to Thorpe and it feels like it belongs there. Along with the radio, it also really adds a huge dose of fun to the park and I'm sure will be acting as a great big smile machine for many more years.

:D

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:53 pm

IS there any sound affects for the launch like Murray Walkers addition for Rita, i think the "go go go" thing is superb, has Stealth got one?

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:13 pm

It has tyres screeching noises and smoke effects, i cant remember the rest, thinking about the actual ride too much :D

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Off topic sort of, but the On ride photos! No ones actually mentioned them. Were the cameras switched on because i would have thought they would have made alot of cash from first day photo sales.

fitchy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:07 pm

If stealth was to stall there is a whinch cable so a enginneer can be hoisted up to the platform on the top hat. and give the train a gentle push.
[b]

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:12 pm

Cameras were not working, possibly to do with the powercut the park had.

It does have a 'go go go' but its much deeper and more fitting for the theme, even if i don't like it.

I still can't really decribe how this coaster felt, it's just perfect in every way. If you want to know what it's like - go ride it! You won't be dissapointed!

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:19 pm

The powercut when did it happen? Did Stealth not get affected due to the actual launch is seperate or something?

Wonder what the photos will be like! :)

AstroDan

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:41 pm

Will the likes of 'Nathan' still be whipped into a frenzy come October? Hehe!

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:53 pm

The cameras were working at least they were flashing. The actual photo kiosk was closed!

The park has two power sources one from Staines and one from Chertsey. Apparently it was the Chertsey Supply that was down. Hence why most of the rides Stealth Side were operating.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:57 pm

"Martin" wrote:
The powercut when did it happen? Did Stealth not get affected due to the actual launch is seperate or something?

Wonder what the photos will be like! :)

The powercut affected most of the rides in the park but not Stealth. Apparently Stealth was very reliable. I do hope the photos look good. I will definately be buying one on my first ride on there; will also get front seat too :P.

There was a mistake in the Daily Express today :evil:! It said it went from 0-almost 100mph in 2.3 seconds. Almost 100mph? 20 mph off! It annoyed me :P.

Also, it said, Stealth opens next month?!
Shut up you rubbish paper, don't know why my mum gets that :P.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:14 pm

Cameras was working today but the photo booth was shut! 2 trains running! Got on stealth twice and the 3rd time we was stuck in the station for 35 mins! Then we was let out! Supposidly a coustomer service woman told me when i complained about the amount of rides not open said there was a roll back early on but i didnt get there til 1030
Cheers Chris

Anonymous

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:33 pm

"AstroDancer" wrote:
Will the likes of 'Nathan' still be whipped into a frenzy come October? Hehe!

It probably won't even last until April :wink:

"scottjenkins" wrote:
IS there any sound affects for the launch like Murray Walkers addition for Rita, i think the "go go go" thing is superb, has Stealth got one?

Yes, there's some speaking, the only part of which I can remember is, '3, 2, 1, GO GO GO!'. It's different to Rita's and sounds less like the person saying it is shouting, if that meakes any sense.