UK theme parks from another point of view!

The_Storyteller
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:30 pm

Yes you can, if it's let go or falls away etc, then it basically turns into a projectile that could seriously injure someone if it hits them, so they could chuck you out with "endangering the public safety" or something along those lines, especially on Stealth, what would happen to someone if they were smacked anywhere by a video camera travelling at speed in excess of roughly 80mph. Nice!
(Hate to be a killjoy, tho')

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:12 pm

They wouldnt chuck you out unless it actually fell out and hit someone.

The worst you'd get would be a stern telling off (and that's assuming you've already been on the ride with the camera). However the ride operators on Stealth are very vigilant and they would probably take it off you in the station saying "sorry you can't take it onto the ride!"

Ant

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:34 pm

Went to Thorpe today for 40mins on the way to London to ride Stealth I was a bit dissapointed but only a bit not what I was expecting due to how quick the ride lasts. But everyones differnt still a great ride and a good addition to the Thorpe the launch feels the same as Ritas its hard to describe the ride its over so quick.

TimW
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:47 am

I popped to Thorpe with my wife on Tuesday morning for a few hours (joys of annual passes and only living 30 mins away:)) and we both went on it twice in around 20 mins (front row and back) but seperately as we had our youngest with us.

We loved it, the launch feels faster than Ritas we thought (as it should), similar feeling just more intense, and the second time round it was just as good.

It is such a different experience from the back than it is at the front, I'd recommend the front row for the first time, and then try the back:) it's just not the same as any other coaster in the UK, yes its over pretty damn quickly, but it's got a lot packed into that very short time:)

We will definately be going back soon to try it out a few more times!

themeparkfreak
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:40 am

ive changed my mind about stealth. the fact that its shorter than TTD and KK is what makes it better, its a unique, constant thrill.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:07 am

"danzaman123" wrote:
Also, anybody got an on-ride photo of Stealth. I would love to see what it looks like (the design).

Here's the current 'happy shopper' onride photo, which is going to be replaced by an oblivion style photo with two snapshots in due course. The photo sleeve is plain black with the name and logo on the front, with the chrome top hat logo with a few '0-80 in 2.3. . . ' style stats on the inside.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:11 pm

Hi guys im visiting tomos with my dad. Because its my day off work at alton. HOWEVER. the weather review for tomos doesnt seem to be on my side. What is the realiablity of this thing in the rain. Is it worst then Rita ?

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:30 pm

Would have thought it may be ok in light rain, but in heavy rain my god it will hurt! :P

Williscroft

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 pm

I wouldn't listen much to the weather lately lol, we were forcast heavy snow for the weekend just gone, never had a drop. We were then forcast that yesturday would be the only nice day and by today it would be reaining again yet its a great sunny day here. I would say they would only close the ride in extremely bad rain conditions and i dout that we would get so much bad weather for the whole day.

rctom
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:30 pm

yay so exited about this ride as im going this saturday. Does anyone know if it opens straight away or does it open a bit later in the day. Thanks. Yay my first post :) :)

Anonymous

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:11 pm

Well i imagine it will open straight away but i read on a trip report that because it was so cold it didn't open until lunchtime. If the weather is not cold then it will open on opening time.

I will be going to TP to ride Stealth on April 16th (Easter Sunday). I don't think it should be very busy as on easter sunday lots of people visit their relatives or just spend the day with them.

That's my prediction but i am just hoping for a couple of other people's verdicts too. Thanks :D.

Also, thanks Mark! Looks stylish and sexy :P.

AstroDan

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:41 am

I would say that Easter Sunday could be one of two things:

- Empty, as you say, as people will be visiting families!
- Rammed, people may decide to spend the day out as a family.

For your sake, I hope it's the first otherwise Stealth will have queue's to the horizon and back.

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:46 am

I personally think it will be packed to the rafters.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:41 pm

At easter it always is absolutely packed, sometimes they even have to close the gates as it reaches capacity.

The park even recognise this and are opening till 10pm over easter to allow you more time on the rides.

fitchy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Well been easter sunday past two years last year was packed but in 2004 it was about 30 min que for each ride max, was quite surprised really. so its luck of the draw really
[b]

Anonymous

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:14 pm

Interesting. I will have to hope for the best. Fingers crossed eh? Thanks for the help guys :D.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:23 pm

I would avoid Thorpe Park on Easter Sunday like the Plague!

Im going on April the 3rd, which should be ok, as its only the locals who are on half term, the rest of the country seem to still be in school!

Heres Hoping! ;)

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:25 pm

im going in the easter hols i just found out rekon it will be busy?

Anonymous

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:35 pm

Depends on what day and week really. First week not so bad, second week, busy!

I think i am going to try to arrange the TP trip to a different day. Probably the Sunday before.

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:37 pm

it will be the end of the first week at the weekend