UK theme parks from another point of view!

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 15, 2006 6:25 pm

82 column bases created.
1200 cubic meters of concrete.
3.5 miles of piling.
500 deliveries to site.
10,000 metres of cable.

Daddy of all cranes arrives to erect the ride; it’s so big we’ve had to widen the doors to get it on site

Stealth has 24 motors compared to 18 at Rita

the oil tank is about 2 metres tall and stores approximately 14,000 litres of Hydraulic oil.

Some costs and food for thought, i think Stealths extra power would of been a large extra expense.

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 16, 2006 4:23 pm

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS
Is anyone actually really bothered how much it cost! Have a word with yourself!
Stop bloody arguing, its only a coaster, (a very good one too) may i add.
I honestly couldnt care less if it cost £12.000.000 or £12 as far as im concerned it is a superb ride, gives us a record for the tallest launched coaster in Europe and packs a punch that no other coaster can give in the UK at present!

So lets not be arguing like little school girls (my daddys bigger than urs etc) and lets be thanking the tussauds group for giving us this fantastic ride to enjoy at our request!

Whos with me?!

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 16, 2006 6:27 pm

Fair point i would go with that :D :D :D :D

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 16, 2006 7:06 pm

"CGM" wrote:
That still doesn't account for the millions it cost. It would cost next to nothing to dismantly Flying Fish and Lake fill whilst expesive I couldn't see costing more than £2 million. The extra launch speed wouldn't affect the cost too much and nor would the theming. let's say take off another £500 000. That leaves us with a 9.5 million pound coaster. I find this highly unlikely. This is either one of the biggest rip offs in coaster history or Tussauds are putting some spin on it.

I think the latter. I reckon that a lot of this money went into marketing advertising ect. and planning and not on the actual coaster it's self because there's no way that Stealth could cost that much more than Rita

You have no idea do you?

AstroDan

Tue May 16, 2006 7:07 pm

The fact is, nobody knows what Tussauds accounts look like. Whether or not you are a Stealth obsessive or not, it's the new ride at Thorpe Park for 2006 and it is bringing in the crowds.

Cost or no cost, it's been built. Just like we had Rita last year, and now they are moving on getting ready for the next ride.

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 16, 2006 7:10 pm

True. However much it does cost, it was definately worth it. Look at the rise in crowds. Already reaching capacity over Easter! Looks like its done the job to me :D.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 16, 2006 8:30 pm

The park just seems to be getting more attention and money pumped into it because there is more potential there. Alton cant have large rides or coasters. Its a shame because i can see focus switching and it no longer being the UK's number one tourist attraction.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 16, 2006 11:55 pm

On my way through London at the weekend but not visiting Thorpe i realised how, in a different way, Stealth is an icon, not for being anything special in its own right but its fantastic location, it is placed in London(or very near our grand historical city) and it makes a clear mark on the M25 skyline, as i'm sure any Coaster enthusiast would agree the view of it at junction 12 is quite remarkable, what better advert is there than a Coaster towering above the M25 at one of its busiest points where millions of people pass through, next to one of the worlds favourite citys, i still thinks its a wonder they got planning for it, but i suppose when the M25 is your noisy ugly neighbour anything is possible.

Appreciate it for what it is and will be, the most seen Coaster in the UK, especially if you can see it from all the planes passing over it, Thorpe has certainly managed to put itself on the map this time.

The ride may or may not be unique but the location certainly is.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 17, 2006 12:20 am

You have no idea do you?

No not in exact amounts- That's why I'm estimating. Believe it or not Tussauds don't readily go about showing people their bank details

Marky Moo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 17, 2006 7:24 am

"CGM" wrote:
I think the latter. I reckon that a lot of this money went into marketing advertising ect. and planning and not on the actual coaster it's self because there's no way that Stealth could cost that much more than Rita

Err yes it would. A lot of the coaster's supports are on reclaimed land, the infilling was very expensive, particularly as the maintenance building and the transfer track are the main parts of the ride which are on once water. Building higher would cost more then having longer track. Obviously Tussauds are rounding up with Stealth, but I can see how it cost mroe then Rita to build.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 8:32 pm

Could I just ask what are the fasttrack options this year? Last time I didn't need them so didn't take any notice.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri May 19, 2006 8:40 pm

Adrenaline: £5

Samurai
Vortex
Slammer
Rush

---

Extreme: £5

Nemesis Inferno
Colossus
X: No Way Out
Loggers Leap OR Tidal Wave

---

Stealth: £3

Stealth

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 8:44 pm

Thanks for that.

Also do you think next monday will be very busy because of the 9PM time? If so I may aim to go on a saturday.

hrm.

AstroDan

Fri May 19, 2006 8:56 pm

People complain about Alton ripping guests off in one way or another, but £3 for a single ride on Stealth is an absolute extortion.

If AT had charged £3 for Rita, or any new coaster for that matter we would all have been blowing our roofs.

What an extortion!

John
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 9:02 pm

What's X: doing in the extreme section anyway?

That thing is about as extreme the beastie!

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 9:37 pm

lmao true true! They should put Rush in that section and a different one in the 'Adrenaline'!

£3 is a rip off in my opinion. . . might aswell used the single rider it goes pretty quick of Stealth!

Matt :D

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 9:46 pm

Hey X is alright, its got a couple of forcefull turns, its random but if its raining its an ideal diversion.

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 9:48 pm

I suppose they have chosen X:/ because it gets long queues and they probably see it as a 'thrilling' ride but personally I don't!

Matt :D

AstroDan

Fri May 19, 2006 9:49 pm

X:/ is pretty poor TBH (well it's the worst coaster i have ever been on at any major parks). But hey. It's getting its re-theme so it'll be a bad ride made a bit better.

I wish Stealth and Rita had duel loading stations. :?

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 10:21 pm

If its not taken seriously its alot better, when it was the main attraction and meant to be a serious ride then it comes up very poor, but as a filler its fine, i'm not sure a re-theme would help it, that would be like they are trying to polish a turd.

At the moment it serves as a reminder of what the park used to be like, its randomness i think helps it, the track layout is not completely forceless with a couple of highlights and actually works really well on fright nights with different noises added to the mix, maybe thats all the re-theme it needs, fright nights theme.

I didnt like it at first but its grown on me over the years.