Page 82 of 83

Re: Stealth

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:22 pm
by bradd3rsroew
My weird Stealth train swap idea!!!!!

On heritage railways they often borrow Engines for events or swap them just to let customers ride a different engine.

What would the technicalities be of swapping 1 Stealth & 1 Rita train over so one of Stealth’s trains ran on Rita and a Rita train ran on Stealth’s track.

Yeah I know it's silly but I reckon it'd look cool. More Breds ridiculous ideas for shared coasters after the break. (That break might be years long)

Re: Stealth

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:26 pm
by Dan
bradd3rsroew wrote:
My weird Stealth train swap idea!!!!!

On heritage railways they often borrow Engines for events or swap them just to let customers ride a different engine.

What would the technicalities be of swapping 1 Stealth & 1 Rita train over so one of Stealth’s trains ran on Rita and a Rita train ran on Stealth’s track.

Yeah I know it's silly but I reckon it'd look cool. More Breds ridiculous ideas for shared coasters after the break. (That break might be years long)


The technicalities would be simple, since, unless I’m mistaken, the trains are identical.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:22 am
by Swarm Chris
They were using a slightly adjusted soundtrack at the weekend, which seemed like parts of Fright Nights audio had been interlinked into the regular audio.

On one launch the countdown had been replaced with the heartbeats, but went back to the regular countdown on other launches. One of the radio discussions from the surrounding area seemed longer than normal as well, but the volume was too low to be able to fully make out what was being said.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:58 pm
by ThemeParkEwan
Swarm Chris wrote:
They were using a slightly adjusted soundtrack at the weekend, which seemed like parts of Fright Nights audio had been interlinked into the regular audio.

On one launch the countdown had been replaced with the heartbeats, but went back to the regular countdown on other launches. One of the radio discussions from the surrounding area seemed longer than normal as well, but the volume was too low to be able to fully make out what was being said.

Believe it or not the heartbeats was actually just a ride op tapping the microphone!

Re: Stealth

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:45 pm
by Swarm Chris
ThemeParkEwan wrote:
Believe it or not the heartbeats was actually just a ride op tapping the microphone!

Well they did a brilliant job. :)

Re: Stealth

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:49 am
by Icymice
I went on Sunday and we had the usual keep your head back and brace yourself, then the heartbeat, then the ride op said 'see ya' and launched it.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:17 pm
by Justin
It is really nice when the ops take the time to interact. It makes it more memorable and adds to the overall experience. I wouldn't like it to be done on every ride, but Stealth having the fun vibe it does, works!

Re: Stealth

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:16 am
by Swarm Chris
Still doing the occasional manual launch today. :)

Re: Stealth

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 pm
by Swarm Chris
Strangely they were only operating a single train today, even though the queue frequently showed they needed two.

I can't imagine the weather conditions would limit the number of trains in operation, especially when by late afternoon the weather was fine.

The maintenance workshop was also closed, which possibly could have been due to the wind, although other workshops were open. All season so far it has been open, so it seemed a little odd to only have a single train and the workshop closed.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:47 pm
by Swarm Chris
Something seems a bit odd with one of the trains on Stealth at the moment. Last week it was running on a single train, then this week it started on two trains, but at some point went down to a single train.

At around 3pm they attempted to put the second train back on, but after 20 minutes and two launches of both trains, it failed to get signed off and had to be put back into the garage.

I did notice one of the technicians working on the wheel area of one of the rear cars of the rejected train afterwards.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:10 pm
by raging_coasters
Yeah, I've noticed this as well, operations are painfully slow with only 1 train.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:18 pm
by Wagstaff04
Before I start, I want to say that the last three coasters I have left to review are so tight. I could barely choose between them but, for the sake of listing things, I had to. 

Funny story to start off with. As we were driving down the M25 to our hotel the day before our visit, we past the park, and it was at that moment that I discovered my acrophobia. I had the shakes for the rest of the day. But, after getting evacced off of Rumba Rapids, my dad persuaded me to queue for it. And am I glad I did. 

First, the plaza is nice. It’s not extensively themed, but it gives off a nice, cheery feel to it. I’ll skip past the queue line, as there’s just a lake there, and cut straight to the ride. This. Launch. Is. Amazing. By far the best part of the ride, and the best launch I’ve ever experienced. I can’t explain why, it just is. The rest of the ride, to be honest, I can’t remember, just because the launch is so brilliant, but it’s at least almost silk smooth. 

So, an amazing launch that’s backed up well. Overall: 8.5/10

Re: Stealth

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:18 pm
by Swarm Chris
Stealth appeared to die fairly significantly today. I'm not sure if it ever came back online by the end of the day, but for most of today staff were stationed at the Stealth plaza entrance, turning people away.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:27 am
by Dan says hi
Stealth is also closed today so I assume that it didn’t open at all yesterday!
Isnt it normally around this time of the year that Stealth is closed for a week or two whilst they replace the launch cable?

Re: Stealth

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:49 am
by Qzzb_UK
Dan says hi wrote:
Stealth is also closed today so I assume that it didn’t open at all yesterday!
Isnt it normally around this time of the year that Stealth is closed for a week or two whilst they replace the launch cable?


It didn’t open yesterday. It spent most of the day DELAYED then about a hour or so before close, they changed it to Closed. Assume as it was Delayed not just Closed all day it was a fault? If it was scheduled they would just close it all day like Quantum surely?? 

On another note, Quantum did alot of testing yesterday so probably getting ready to re-open.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:01 pm
by Swarm Chris
Qzzb_UK wrote:
It didn’t open yesterday. It spent most of the day DELAYED then about a hour or so before close, they changed it to Closed. Assume as it was Delayed not just Closed all day it was a fault? If it was scheduled they would just close it all day like Quantum surely??

On another note, Quantum did alot of testing yesterday so probably getting ready to re-open.


I think whatever happened occurred unplanned yesterday, as there was a train sat in the station. It's possible it operated for the first half hour, but I can't remember. You're right about Delayed Vs Closed being their language for could open and definitely not opening.

Dan says hi wrote:
Stealth is also closed today so I assume that it didn’t open at all yesterday!
Isnt it normally around this time of the year that Stealth is closed for a week or two whilst they replace the launch cable?

It could well be time for its regular cable change, although I believe it had one in March and I'm guessing yesterday wasn't a planned closure.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:16 am
by Swarm Chris
Stealth has re-opened. :)

Re: Stealth

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:54 am
by Swarm Chris
Thorpe Park have announced that due to essential maintenance, Stealth will be shut from Monday afternoon until Tuesday lunch time.

Image

It's had a fair amount of downtime recently, including roughly 2 days closed last week and a couple of hours closure yesterday. Normally around this time of year it requires a routine service, and it's great that the Resort have announced when this will occur this year.

Re: Stealth

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 am
by obliviongirl
Was at the park Tuesday 16th and despite announcements saying it would open at midday Stealth remained closed all day. Maybe it will be back in operation today (Wednesday)?

Re: Stealth

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:27 pm
by Swarm Chris
Stealth made a fairly nasty grinding noise as it went through the pre -station brakes. Little odd, as it's magnetic.