UK theme parks from another point of view!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 83
 
Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 541
Joined: October 2004
Location: Cornwall!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:01 pm

"Xx King of Speed xX" wrote:
Purlease Kingda Ka did not copy Stealth, and besides is superior than it in every way.

That same can be said about Rita. Stealth is just gonna crap ALL OVER Rita,


Erm have you been on it?
How can you compare the two.

The 2 are nothing like each other except for the fact they are both Intamin Xcelerator (sp?) coasters.

Thorpe will be the superior park untill Alton's next coaster.


One coaster doesn't make a good park, compare the dirty, poorly run,coaster filled park that is Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Compared to the nearby Knotts Berry Farm which is cleaner and well run.

Even if it has less rides.
Image
 
Williscroft

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:20 pm

Yer like Ketchup, said there two different coasters Xx King of Speed xX, Just because Stealth has a tophat dosent mean its going to crap all over Rita as you put it. I personaly love Rita to bits, the launch is amazing and shooting round Ug-Land in between the trees is great. Im shure Stealth will be an amazing coaster but that dosent mean just because of a tophat its going to be better. Some people might not like hights so Rita would be better for them, some people might love hights and think stealth is amazing. Its all personal opinion but one thing is, is that no one can judge at the moment as Stealth aint even been built yet. :D
 
Anonymous

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:26 pm

Ketchup, Alton was/is a dump yet had/has the upper hand over Thorpe.

And yes you can compare to Stealth as it is extremely simular to Xcellorator at Knott's which yes I have been on. Too me Rita is just like the stuff normally on the end of a top hat that no one really cares about.

This is all IMO anyway so don't get too stressed.
 
Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 541
Joined: October 2004
Location: Cornwall!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:35 pm

I haven't been on an Intamin accerlerater (yet) but to be frank Project Stealth looks like a mediocre coaster and dare I say it,

The worst rocket so far... it looks like a cheap off the shelf design almost like the Vekoma Boomerang.

There is absolutely nothing unique about it.
Tussauds were just lazy, so they decided to clone Kingda Ka make it 200 ft shorter and much slower.

Rita however looks and is a proper roller coaster that isn't based on a gimmick (ie height and speed)

It has speed granted but it also has a good layout something which Stealth is lacking.

This is all IMO anyway so don't get too stressed.


:lol:
Image
 
Cjw
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 213
Joined: March 2003
Location: High wycombe

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:50 pm

This topic is so full of buyist crap from both angles of the spectrum that i'm not even gonna bother to nag.

Why can't both coasters be good? Half of the opinions seem to be based on what people's favourite park is instead of taking each coaster's merits into consideration.
Last edited by Cjw on Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Anonymous

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:52 pm

I expect to see noone who's slagging off the Stealth layout going on it when it's done. I mean it's so terrible!
 
Anonymous

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:59 pm

This topic = Comedy Gold

Rita is a filler ride. Stealth will change the way the Uk looks at Rollercoasters. It will be the next PMBO.
 
User avatar
smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 700
Joined: April 2004
Location: Quahog
Contact:

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:23 pm

"Fury" wrote:
This topic = Comedy Gold

Rita is a filler ride. Stealth will change the way the Uk looks at Rollercoasters. It will be the next PMBO.



I think you're right. Stealth with have amazing visual impact and, no doubt be splashed over the press just like the Big One was. It's sheer size will get the fleet street hacks very excited and I imagine will feature in double spread comparisons of the UKs major coasters.

Rita has the launch but in manyways after the launch is nothing more than a 'grown up' RMT. Stealth will have the thrill of plunging back to earth almost vertically.

I dunno I guess it's down to personal taste which coaster you prefer, its personal opinion but I do think that Stealth will get a lot of Media coverage - more than we've seen since the golden year of 1994.
Image
Image
 
Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 541
Joined: October 2004
Location: Cornwall!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:34 pm

^ I'm not saying that Stealth is bad.

I'm saying that it has a unoriginal and disapointing layout.
Image
 
Anonymous

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:11 am

The design of stealth emphasises on the acceleration and the height, they are its 2 main points. Just look at oblivion, it goes up, comes down, turns and stops. But its still a popular rollercoaster due to the fact that it goes 'vetical'

Its just a matter of opinion.
 
Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 541
Joined: October 2004
Location: Cornwall!

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:41 am

I'm not stating that Stealth is a bad roller coaster.

I'm saying that it has an unoriginal design.
Image
 
Anonymous

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:54 am

Thats life I'm afraid. Why waste time building this amazing lay-out when you can throw in a top-hat bunny hop combo and still get the same amount of visitors.
 
User avatar
Phil
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 716
Joined: March 2003
Location: Manchester

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:46 pm

"Xx King of Speed xX" wrote:
O come on the public are gonna totally compare them. They're both launch's and that's enough for the GP to get at.


I know.. hence why i said we can't compare them in the first place.

And how is Rita have a more powerful launch. I am under the assumption the top hat and launch are all the same as Xcellorator, which does 0 to 86mph in the same 2.5 secs as Rita does.


No, it will do 0 - 80 in 4 seconds which is a slower acceleration rate compared to Rita!

Even though it says 0 - 80 in 4 seconds, I reckon this is just a mistake. It looks like that poster was quite quickly done, and someone probably made a ****-up with regards to the acceleration time.


I doubt that very much!

"ketchup" wrote:
The 2 are nothing like each other except for the fact they are both Intamin Xcelerator (sp?) coasters.


They are both identical apart from one is 200ft higher! :wink:
 
Uncle_Adolph
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 49
Joined: December 2003
Contact:

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:53 pm

Look, you cannot compare Stealth and Rita,

Rita: A more family type ride than thrillseeker.

Stealth: A thrillseeker ride.

It's like comparing Nemesis to Flying Fish. Just not possible.

Rita is twisty, they tried to do something ORIGINAL unlike Thorpe, the same Strata design. You cannot compare them, end of story.

-Ben
 
Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 125
Joined: April 2004
Location: North Yorkshire near Lightwater valley!!!!!!
Contact:

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:21 pm

Exactly how can rita and stealth be exaclty the same even though they do completly different things first things first stealth is much taller and faster than rita. Anyway wouldnt rita class as a terrain coaster?
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
 
jpecool
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 266
Joined: August 2004
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:28 pm

Man, come on. You can compare the two as the public will. They are the same types of coasters so are there for comparable. I dont see anyone stopping comparing batman the ride to nemesis, because ones a terrain coaster and one is a normal one!!!!!!! The GP public WILL compare the two and so will the media, end of story!!!!! The GP and media dont think, well rita and stealth offer different experiences so we cannot compare them. Both are theilling launched coasters, so will be compared.

Please stop calling stealth a strata coaster. It has to be about 400 foot to be a stratacoaster. Look at my last post on page one to get all the details of coaster heights. They are not totally correct, but it gives the general idea, and the heights are about right. Project stealth wont even reach the Giga coaster height. Its 200 foot, mega coaster height, but it wont count as a mega coater i dont think because it does not have a chain lift.

And like ive already said before, please stop saying one park copied another. Project stealth and Kingda ka were not copied from one another or whatever. It must be the new standard design for Intamin rocket coasters, because you cannot just copy another parks design. I dont think alton would like it if Knotts berry farm or somewhere decided to build a coaster exactly the same layout as nemesis (although that wouldnt happen anyway because KBF have just purchased silver bullet).

Exactly how can rita and stealth be exaclty the same even though they do completly different things first things first stealth is much taller and faster than rita. Anyway wouldnt rita class as a terrain coaster?


no, it doesnt follow the terrain in any way so cannot be.
Image

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"
 
dafyd
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 35
Joined: September 2004
Location: Durham & Nottingham
Contact:

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:19 pm

"jpecool" wrote:
Man, come on. You can compare the two as the public will. They are the same types of coasters so are there for comparable. I dont see anyone stopping comparing batman the ride to nemesis, because ones a terrain coaster and one is a normal one!!!!!!! The GP public WILL compare the two and so will the media, end of story!!!!! The GP and media dont think, well rita and stealth offer different experiences so we cannot compare them. Both are theilling launched coasters, so will be compared.
I've not been on RITA, and I've not been on Project Stealth (obviously) or any other Launched Stratocoaster, but it seems to me that the "general public" (as people on here seem so eager to call "other people") will see that Stealth is clearly different to RITA. I've never seen anyone compare the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at DLP to Top Thrill Dragster, even though they are both launched coasters. And even if they do - so what? Does it really matter that there are two coasters in the UK that do *almost* the same thing? No, of course not. I don't see anyone complaining that Megafobia at Oakwood is a wooden coaster just because there's also a wooden coaster at Blackpool (for example). People (me included - and I don't profess to be any sort of coaster expert) will recognise that they are two different rides that do completely different things. And yes, Project Stealth will get a lot of media attention - that's the whole point.
 
Satch

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:38 am

I disagree that the public will compare Rita with Stealth, as most the general public will not realise they are the same make of coaster, they will just see them both as being launched rather than a lift hill. Both complete different tracks and are essentially different ride experiences. In the GP's eyes, the only connection is they launch relatively fast.
 
Anonymous

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:48 am

Personally I wouldn't try to compare these two attractions (especially as one of them isnt even built yet!), but if you wish to compare then obviously that is your choice.

From a personal point of view i think it is nice that we have something unique at Alton Towers with Rita : QoS! The ''race track'' figure of 8 layout is something which isn't often seen on intamin launched coasters and the setting of thunder rock is certainly unique!

I think that rita offers a different experience to the american ''top hat'' intamins and in some ways the launched potential energy is more effectivley used and does not drain as fast- the push lasts though-out the ride!

This time next year we will have another couple of launched coasters in the uk and that cannot be a bad thing for enthusiasts! So why not ride.... and enjoy them and not pick constant faults ! :)
 
jpecool
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 266
Joined: August 2004
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:

Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:39 am

I think that rita offers a different experience to the american ''top hat'' intamins and in some ways the launched potential energy is more effectivley used and does not drain as fast- the push lasts though-out the ride!

This time next year we will have another couple of launched coasters in the uk and that cannot be a bad thing for enthusiasts!


I agree there, but disagree with lots of the other posts.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at DLP to Top Thrill Dragster


Ones a dark ride, ones not. The GP wouldnt immediately say they are similar, because of this.

Does it really matter that there are two coasters in the UK that do *almost* the same thing?


No we never said it did. Well i didnt

These coasters will get compared to a certain extent i think. Both are at tussauds parks, and both feature launches. This is the thrill for the GP, the launch, they dont care about airtime, positive Gs and laterals. The launch is the main buzz for the public, and when stealth comes along it will be the same, this will be the main buzz. Im not saying this is a bad thing that they are similar, but im just saying that because of this similarity they will get compared. People will see both are launched coasters, and will compare the launches to each other. Have you not seen all the american people comparing all there rocket coasters. Storm runner, Xcelerator, TTD, Kingda Ka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all compared in one way or another. Kingda Ka is better than TTD because it launches 8mph faster in less time. Storm runner is better than the others because it goes upside down. Xcelerator is better because it was the first, and does not need to go ridiculously fast to provide a thrill. Even though it does go ridiculously fast :lol: Anyway i hope i made my point, the launches will be compared probably. If i am wrong i will accept i am wrong.

Anyway just to make it clear i love the look of both rides :D I love Ritas layout, much better than any other rockets, apart from Kanonen. But the Stealth will be a huge thrill climbing and dropping 200 feet. <<< Not a stratacoaster i dont think btw :roll:
Image

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 83

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dan and 27 guests