UK theme parks from another point of view!

Luke excell
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:40 pm

have you seen how they put it into the map looks great im getting very exited now

AstroDan

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:57 pm

OK OK, so the names fine, yes.

Sorry if my English isn't very good.

What does everyone think about the article on Coaster Kingdom? A complete Stealth bashing? I mean, could the get any more negative? Personally, I think it's a little unjust - I mean, as I say above - Stealth will be a good ride for the park if not the world. Coaster Kingdom also completely blast Alton Towers in their magazine back in October. They are really negative arent they?

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:05 pm

the seats look cool, the coulours go well with the logo, but its the same shape as rita but in my opinion the cars look really good!

ashhew1985
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:09 pm

I think the cars look great! :D

Dose anyone know if the other 2 cars are different in anyway?
For example red and purple rita cars etc.

And about the stealth bashing i say suck it up. moaning about stealth wont make it better.
Blackhole R.I.P

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:14 pm

No, I actually agree withe the Coaster Kingdom article. Despite the ride having better than perfect themeing, the actual design is nothing short of lazy. Nothing new, nothing unique and is definatly not iconic. The ride is outdated before its even opened, and speed gimic will be overcome in less than twelve months. Atleast the other rocket coasters in Europe are proving to be a little more unique.

Also, you can hardly class a 205 foot coaster as stealth like. Its a complete contradiction, but that is probably the point.

Williscroft

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:19 pm

Nice flashy cars :) Loving the crome on the front but i was exspecting a little more after all the area themeing we have seen going on. I think Ritas cars look alot better with the flames and logo on the front.

Realy cant wait to ride this now, im going to be so nervouse when im sitting there waiting to launch :D

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:40 pm

As Coasters go its probably not going to be a world beater but at the same time its a perfectly good addition to a good park, they had a plot of land spare which you could just about fit a non complex Intamin Rocket Coaster and i'm glad thats what they did, it fits so well with the already fantastically themed Amity Cove and will make the park a better one.

I am hoping that in a few years time they install something truly unique that Stealth, Collosus and NI can complement together, with a fantastic selection of flat rides to boot.

It all depends how you look at Stealth, Ground breaking world best ride, probably not, but a worthy addition to a rapidly expanding/improving park including making one of the finest themed areas in the uk even better, i would say yes.

Proof is in the riding of course and only time will tell to see if it has staying power, nobody can predict the exact riding sensation it will provide or its popularity for years to come.

I see it as a stepping block for Thorpe, like Collosus and NI were, keep it coming Thorpe, this park gets better and better and in a short space of time, give them a chance i say.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:45 pm

I think stealth is amazing considering 6 years ago thorpe park was just a little theme park and now it is an internatioanlly known park. What tussauds have done with thorpe is amazing without a doubt and stealth has got plenty of attention on world-wide forums and that is what thorpe want. Well done thorpe keep it up. :D

AstroDan

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:52 pm

Stealth has had a lot of coverage on formus, but only because it's a new coaster and the fastest in Europe. Americans are hardly going to be in awe are they when KK/TTD does more than 50% more speed and double the height. Still, as I said - Stealth's a good ride for the park!

I wonder where the new ride will end up on the Hawkins 2006 poll? If its anything like Kingda Ka, i think it'll be quite low - but saying that, the launch is poweful so we'll just have to see!

Anonymous

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:07 pm

"timmy1372" wrote:
I am hoping that in a few years time they install something truly unique that Stealth, Collosus and NI can complement together, with a fantastic selection of flat rides to boot.

As am i. Thorpe Park need a unique coaster that is not necessarily record breaking, but definately throws one heck of a ride at you. We have already heard rumours for a 2008 coaster, lets hope TP really take our breaths away :D.

"timmy1372" wrote:
It all depends how you look at Stealth, Ground breaking world best ride, probably not, but a worthy addition to a rapidly expanding/improving park including making one of the finest themed areas in the uk even better, i would say yes.

Amen to that. There are people who will see this coaster and just skip to the next one not really recognising it. Then there are people (like me) who will see it and really appriciate what value it will be/is to TP and the UK. TP has rapidly been growing since 2001 and this is just adding to it. They have done a fantastic job with the theming and really making it look great. I mean, there are alot of better coasters out there but how many have a theming like Stealth and are in a brilliant themed area? I mean come on, if you think the theming aint great, think again. Just look at those trains! :P

Realy cant wait to ride this now, im going to be so nervouse when im sitting there waiting to launch :D

I agree. When we drove past it last week i said to myself, "Look at that beast. It's intimidating from a kilometre away!"

What does everyone think about the article on Coaster Kingdom? A complete Stealth bashing? I mean, could the get any more negative? Personally, I think it's a little unjust - I mean, as I say above - Stealth will be a good ride for the park if not the world. Coaster Kingdom also completely blast Alton Towers in their magazine back in October. They are really negative arent they?

Well everybody is entitled to their own opinion and if thats the way they want to show it, fair enough but from what they have said, i dont think they like TP :lol:. Besides, Stealth has not been built to break records, it's been built to expand the park and give it a better variety. I mean look, they have an Intamin 10 looping coaster, a B&M inverter, a backwards in the dark coaster (i know, it isnt that good :P) and now an Intamin accelerator. That's a good variety for a small park IMO.

Just look at the colour of the top hat, it's made to blend in with the sky.

I love the way they have done that :D.

have you seen how they put it into the map looks great im getting very exited now

It fits in well with the map. All of TP's maps are great.

Jesus, take that Rita!

Yeah Rita, can you handle that? :P
Stealth? I mean. WHY?!

There was some discussion on this back when the name released. You may be able find it if you look around 15 (give or take) pages back. It says why Stealth was called Stealth.

Getting very excited now! :pelvic:

AstroDan

Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:28 pm

If Thorpe get a flyer, that'll just be too AT for my liking. They need a woodie or a floorless or somethig.

But so Alton Towers also needs another SW!

Rita is the Queen of Speed.
Stealth is the King of Chrome.

As for that article, it isn't just Thorpe Park they dislike. Alton Towers too is not much liked!

ashhew1985
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:54 am

Weird. :?
i don't think thorpe have done a stealth update without the developers diary befor and when everone is saying it going to open late is this the best time?
i hate to fuel the rumor but maybe i is true! :(
Blackhole R.I.P

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:30 pm

BOYS ITS ORGASM TIME!

I ahve just spokn to Thorpe Park on the blower and stated that i was visiting them on the 27th. I asked if Stealth was still tech, to which he confirmed.

However, the lovely gentleman (who im now gonna marry) has stated that stealth only has a ONE WEEK delay at present! so it should be open on the 22nd or the 23rd. (Heres the time to fut faith in you religion, if there is a God then Stelthybaby will be open for my visit!)

Fingers and everything else crossed guys!

P.s The trains look Sexy as FCUK!

barryzola

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:36 pm

Did i waste my time entering that competition to ride stealth first? I've heard naff all from them. Whats goin on? Anyone know? The ride's looking good to me, i dont know why some people are putting a downer on it. Should be pretty thrilling waiting to be launched up into the sky at a ridiculous speed. So what if its not as big as kingda ka, i dont live in the states and i've never been on it. The cars look nice and all the theming is pretty sweet. I've never been to Thorpe before either so i'll be staying down there for a couple of nights some time next month. Should be good.

evil cod

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:38 pm

"scottjenkins" wrote:
BOYS ITS ORGASM TIME!

I ahve just spokn to Thorpe Park on the blower and stated that i was visiting them on the 27th. I asked if Stealth was still tech, to which he confirmed.

However, the lovely gentleman (who im now gonna marry) has stated that stealth only has a ONE WEEK delay at present! so it should be open on the 22nd or the 23rd. (Heres the time to fut faith in you religion, if there is a God then Stelthybaby will be open for my visit!)

Fingers and everything else crossed guys!

P.s The trains look Sexy as FCUK!

NADS! im going 20th or 21st :( smeg!

Williscroft

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:35 pm

More picutres have been added to the stealth mini site, showing you the view from the top of the top hat :D http://stealth.thorpepark.com/photo_dia ... 2&batch=23 Looks great :D

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:41 pm

Also a new update for the developer diary. Apparently emails have been sent out to the preview winners.
Last edited by TenZero on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:51 pm

Nice update there.

This picture looks so surreal:
I reckon that it will be ready after a few days of the park opening :D. As they say, their work (Intamin) is nearly done and TP can take over. Looking great it is :D.

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:33 pm

I reckon that it will be ready after a few days of the park opening . As they say, their work (Intamin) is nearly done and TP can take over. Looking great it is .

Apparantly Stealth has now been signed over to Thorpe Park!

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:23 pm

http://www.southparks.org/index.php?showtopic=7677&st=4755

Someone has won scroll down the page and read the post by Dan.