UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:17 pm

Lucky *******. I got an e-mail regarding a review, thing is, i don't remember writing a review on there. I once went to but they were closed for them as they had had so many sent in. Hmmm.
"Queen of Speed" wrote:
Apparantly Stealth has now been signed over to Thorpe Park!

Well lets hope that's true so people going within the first few days will have Stealth open so they can ride it. :D

GForce2
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:26 pm

It has indeed been signed over, quite a few managers/TL's etc have been fully operator/platformed trained so providing no last minute hitches expect it to open on the 15th.
Inferno area op/attendant

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:14 pm

i have an emailing saying i've been chosen to go on the 15th of this month (wednesday) with a friend and photographic evidence to ride stealth. Is this real? lol im so confused because everyone seems to be saying its not quite ready? oh my god, im excited and confused at the same time, but yeah someone help me lol
Touch my beans... said the man!

Crofty

Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:54 am

Hi Steighvo, I would say that this is indeed the new day for the competition winners. (opening day aswell)
I would give them a call monday just to confirm but it sounds promising.
Enjoy :D

:D :D

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:32 pm

yer i phoned someone yesterday and its all for real so quite excited. anyone know how many people got this? and will stealth be open to the general public? Quite Excited
Touch my beans... said the man!

The_Storyteller
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:58 pm

The park will be open to the GP and "ride it first" winners, but the first people to go on it will be the "ride it first", then the general public etc.
Hope this helps

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

Anonymous

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:30 pm

Some great photos of Stealth from 'Rob and Elissa's mini UK trip'

Sexy Stealthiness

:D

Anonymous

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:59 pm

OH MY GOD.

I can't wait. Two days! I'm so unbelievably excited! If coasters turned me on, I'd just want to wrap my legs round the supports and give it a good humping. As Craig would say, "if it had a hole, I'd hump it"!

But I don't like coasters that way so I won't. :lol: But I still would! Hahahaha omg I'm so excited, I think I will WEE MYSELF!!! :D

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:41 pm

Can i just say i defy anyone to look at that photo gallery and tell me Thorpe does not look great, the Collosus and NI pictures at the end really sum up how far the park has progressed in the past few years, Stealth looked stunning of course but NI and Collosus looked great.

Stealth theming = great
Amity theming= always great even with sponsorship
Nemesis theming= great, love the first tunnel with lights and mist
Collosus theming= great, always loved how it interacts with the walkways down there.

Plus top flats

Its quite a package.

I'm still going to AT for my first trip this year in april, Thorpe will have to wait :wink:

Stealth from the seated waiting to launch view does look very intimidating, cant wait :D :D :D

Anonymous

Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:55 pm

Woah, that tyre is huge! I just can't wait any longer.

That entrance looks amazing! The theming is just ace. I also notice that Stealth will be fastrack, didn't know that :P.

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:04 pm

The theming is just ace. I also notice that Stealth will be fastrack, didn't know that

If you're willing to fork out £5 for it.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:04 pm

Ahem £3.

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:10 pm

Or if you have a rich uncle you can get him to pay. that way it's free!
Edwardo..... move me!

Anonymous

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:10 pm

I would consider it as i would rather get on quicker than spend a third of the day queuing. Not that it doesn't look like it's worth the queue, means i could get another ride on it later on in the day :P.

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:16 pm

I love this sign!

Anonymous

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:36 pm

Also, here's a new video too.

Yikes etc.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:50 pm

Why did they take this picture and why does it look like a support is missing, it obviously never was there, but why?

http://www.themeparkreview.com/miniuk2006/thorpe6.jpg

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:55 pm

"timmy1372" wrote:
Why did they take this picture and why does it look like a support is missing, it obviously never was there, but why?

http://www.themeparkreview.com/miniuk2006/thorpe6.jpg

Im guessing you've never been on TPR before. Basically they are mad people and very funny. If you look at the caption on the page you may understand what they are on about. I beleive the reason it is sticking out a bit like that is for the other 2 supports to hold onto it and that support sticking out from the ground goes a few feet below the ground for support to hold them other 2 supports.
Last edited by Dr Pop Rocket on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barney
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:55 pm

My email sent today.

Hello,

When is Stealth due to open? I will be visiting the park Sunday 19th March; will it be open to the public then?

Response received today.

Thanks for your email. Stealth will be open to the public in the next couple of weeks, so unfortunately you will not be able to try the ride on your visit. For your information, you’ve reached the Thorpe Park Press Office, so if you are press and require any further information please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Thanks,

Sophie

Therefore we will have to wait and see, but looks like everyone going in the first couple of weeks will be disappointed!

Luke excell
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:58 pm

i cant wait i wanna go on it now! plz i wanna go on it i am running out of roller coaster hibertation books and things to do! during the closed season dose me up wiv some stealth now :o :o :o :o