UK theme parks from another point of view!

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:15 pm

Why did they take this picture and why does it look like a support is missing, it obviously never was there, but why?

It's the way that Intamin do their supports. If you look at Rita at the first turn, you'll see something pretty simular

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:40 pm

you know they said it will be open to the public within the next few weeks, does that include comp winners too? *panics*
Touch my beans... said the man!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:22 pm

I rang them today. They said it would be open if no technical problems arise on the opening day. March 15th.

To both competition winners and normal guests.

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:12 am

Sounds rather loud on that video, but, looks good! :)
......The one and only... :sus:

The_Storyteller
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:38 am

Enjoy today to whoever's going, bring back loads of photos to look at :)

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:54 am

http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/stealth.zip

Nice video from TPR. I wanna see LOADS of photos and videos from everyone going today. :D

Anonymous

Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:56 am

Yeah guys, i am wanting loads of pics and a few videos (if it's running) of Stealth. Hope you all are having a good time right now.

TP is open yay! Going in easter holidays :D. You must tell us what Stealth is like; as long as it is running. :P

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:04 pm

WOWZA!

Thanks to Rob and Elissa for that amazing video, dont you just love all their technical terms lol! "Room with Hydrolics" hehehehe

Is this the first video we have seen with the train actually statonary at the station then launched, i have never seen it like this before, i have only seen it when its half way down the track! OMFG its fast isnt it!

Roll on 27th MArch, when my seat on Stealth will probably be wet! hehehehehe

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:27 pm

Just had a text off of dstone.and stealth is 'great' :P Man of very few words.

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:15 pm

I spoke to kaycee about 2.30, they got on stealth about 2ish, she sounded like she enjoyed it "rah omg pant pant pant thats really fast omg rah its brilliant you have to go on the back rah im a model" she also said that thorpe suffered a power cut but stealth wasnt effected. She also said stealth is now officialy open

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Im heading down to thorpe next week (23rd to be exact). It will be a school day so hopefully short queues. I cant wait to ride it. Stealth has been one of the biggest things on my mind for the past 6 months. So all this thinking about it and following the construction will all pay off when I get to ride this coaster. Well done thorpe park. You have built a great coaster. :D

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:45 pm

Pictures of some of the ride it first winners.
http://stealth.thorpepark.com/photo_dia ... 2&batch=24
(Haha! Some cretin is picking his nose in one of the pictures!*)
I'm more interested in riding her than anything else but it looks like i'v got to wait untill july atleast till i can ride her, i am truley gutted :cry: .

I really want Stealth. :(

*theres nothing wrong with picking your nose! :lol:
Last edited by stokywolf on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

Williscroft

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:46 pm

OMG that looks fast, realy cant wait till the summer now when i should be riding :D Looks amazing. Only thing ive been thinking about is what happens it the car stops on the top of the tophat like TTD did. It hasn't got a lift going to the top like TTD and KK so how would they get them down. I can just see it now "right on my count to three every one lean back then forward"lol :lol: :D

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:03 pm

Apparently its much less likely on Stealth due to the fact it goes faster over the top hat. There's no lift though and I doubt there will be seeing as Xcellarator doesn't have one. I recon they may just climb up the track but this may be to risky as the train could move and run them over. They'll probably use a massive cherry picker.

Anonymous

Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:04 pm

Rode her after work this afternoon.

Wqas a great ride and fantastic experience. The launch is fast and you can notice those 20mph more than rita.
Great view from the top.

It is a shame it is a short ride but hey it means you need to ride it twice! LOL.

Great ride and a nice addition to thorpe

AstroDan

Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:07 pm

I want to avoid the whole Rita/Stealth debate again as they are clearly meant to be very different experiences, and rightly so. But could you detail the main differences between them without being bias towards one or the other? I am intrigued! Also, how long did Stealth last from launch - brakes and what was the best part?

Rory
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:15 pm

Theme park reviews's vid is good, but I cant wait for some more pics/vids which show different angles or working ride with live riders :D

Gary S
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:26 pm

The photo diary on the micro-site has been updated with some of the first riders on board - lucky so n so's.*mumbles under breath*

G
A frown is a SMILE turned upside down...

Anonymous

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:32 pm

I want to avoid the whole Rita/Stealth debate again as they are clearly meant to be very different experiences, and rightly so. But could you detail the main differences between them without being bias towards one or the other? I am intrigued! Also, how long did Stealth last from launch - brakes and what was the best part?

I'll give you one of Rita and Xcelerator (same statistics).

The initial acceleration on Xcelerator is amazing. Highlight of the ride - it's just off so fast. Ritas is alot slower to hit out of the station but up the launch straight gets really intense (apparently more intense, 4.7 G's as opposed to 4.5?). The next bits of each ride are the low points IMO. Going up a top-hat is just like an extended launch run but looking towards the sky, and - well, your just truning a corner of Rita. Now, on a top hat going over the top you can get the most amazing floater air-time, and this accompanied with the view of water of Stealth will no doubt be amazing, and Ritas first air-time hill is very intense and snappy with a great combo of G's. Going down the top-hat is crazy. Its no Oblivion, but with a lap-bar you come out of your seat and its just a frantic experience - I wouldn't really think it'll be too amazing with a OTSR though, unfortuntley. Oh well. And then, I dunno what the air-time hill on Stealth will be like, and then Rita carries on as above, so yeah. There :). Basically, on top-hats with such statistics as Stealth, it has a great combo of snappiness/sharpness and beign gracefull, whilst Rita has her killer differencial + and - G's.

Both amazing types of rides!

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:51 pm

Stealth really is just the most amazing experiance ever. It sounds sad i know but when i got home my mum asked me to explain it and i just didn't have the words. It was by far the most amazing coaster i've ridden to date. Pure Brilliance
Touch my beans... said the man!