UK theme parks from another point of view!

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:44 pm

So im assuming by all your 100% correct answers that you are the owner of the park and know everything for definate.

WRONG. The sineage for quantum was NOT there yesterday as whilst queueing for rush had a very good look at quantum and it was being taken apart.

Apart from everything else, we will have to wait and see then wont we :P

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:24 pm

Why the aggression. Considering I never used factual and definate words in my post, they were all 'think', 'doubt' etc :roll:.

Fair enough if the sign was not there yesterday, just find it bizarre why it's off as I was there the other day and it was there :shock:.

Dan
:D

<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:57 pm

"Danzaw*nk" wrote:
, just find it bizarre why it's off as I was there the other day and it was there

People can move things you know? :P

They have probably removed the signs to help work on the ride - such as with Ripsaw. Themeing was removed to make it easyer to work on. Shame it never came back though :lol:

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:17 pm

Oh yeah, I guess they can :P.

Didn't realise it was 4 days ago I went :lol:. So yeah, I guess stuff could've happened :lol:.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:04 pm

Guy’s I was at Thorpe the day Quantum went down, later on in the day that mechanic (the big black dude if you know who im on about?) was on a cherry picker looking at one of the motors by the arms. It is simply a malfunction and I have no doubt they are waiting on a new part.

If they were going to close the ride for good they wouldn’t do it midday when the park was packed would they now?

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:42 pm

Still be a little squishy if it was to go near Samurai wouldn't it?! Is this new coaster planned for 2008 or 2009?

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:43 pm

"stigzz" wrote:
Still be a little squishy if it was to go near Samurai wouldn't it?! Is this new coaster planned for 2008 or 2009?

Title of the topic is 2009. ;)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:45 pm

Doh! So its 2009 then? :shock:

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:58 pm

"stigzz" wrote:

Lol, no it's actually built. :shock:

;)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:06 am

"Spike"&quot;][quote=&quot;"stigzz" wrote:

Lol, no it's actually built. :shock:

;)[/quote]

WOW that went up like 1 of those mcdonalds :lol:
......The one and only... :sus:

Green.Wing
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:28 pm

I heard merlin no longer want a flyer at thorpe because alton have one and want the parks to be different. Also that the ride from alton ISNT a ride yet but was in the planning stages and was dropped.

AstroDan

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:47 pm

Problem is, CGI's have a tendency to get rough in about 5-10 years - Thorpe already have the juddering Colossus.

Although I agree that a Woodie would be good, probably an Intamin one for durability?

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:08 pm

Problem is, CGI's have a tendency to get rough in about 5-10 years - Thorpe already have the juddering Colossus.

I thought that that was generally just because the older coasters tend to use the PCT Trains such as Gwazi, from what I understand GCIs running Millenium Flyers tend to stay smooth.

GCI woodie or Intamin, I wouldn't be too bothered as either one would be awesome.

"It's a woodie - not a sofa"

You've ridden a Millenium Flyer right, those things are rolling sofas

AstroDan

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:13 pm

True. If i'm honest, roughness doesn't really put me off too much. Just stay at the front and they're fine.

:)

Quickey
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:34 pm

I hope it is true that Thorpe might not be getting a flyer now, for the same reasons as marky.

I would love to see a gravity group woodie at thorpe.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:48 am

"marky.com"&quot;][quote=&quot;"Green.Wing" wrote:
I heard merlin no longer want a flyer at thorpe because alton have one and want the parks to be different. Also that the ride from alton ISNT a ride yet but was in the planning stages and was dropped.

That is the most exciting thing I've read on this forum all year.

I HATE the idea of a flyer at Thorpe - partly because there's already one at Alton, but mostly because I just sense it's going to be a Superman type one and not really that original. Air isn't a favourite of mine, but at least it's unique and interacts with the landscape.

If there's one ride that has got to the planning stages at AT and wasn't built that would work well at Thorpe - it's a woodie.

:p[/quote]

Haha, please don’t take that comment seriously... I can tell you now that’s absolute crap. The old I heard she heard we heard, just pft... really. It’s about as reliable as a Scoda.

Craig

Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:14 am

"Kaz" wrote:

Haha, please don’t take that comment seriously... I can tell you now that’s absolute crap. The old I heard she heard we heard, just pft... really. It’s about as reliable as a Scoda.

Nothing wrong with a bit of the old rumour mill Kaz :D. If you can tell me why you dismiss it as absolute crap with proof of a reliable source that told you otherwise then fair enough, but like most I'm happy to see some nice healthy speculation for now :)

Personally, I think this could be a credible rumour. The plans for a flyer would've been made long before the Merlin takeover. They've since had time to settle in, look at the parks in more detail and make any changes to future development plans. Any coaster at thorpe would no doubt be a great addition. Aalthough I, like many on the forum am a dubious about having another flyer due to the tendancy to go for a bog standard design as Marky mentioned. It would be great for Merlin to bring another woodie to the UK, we're in need of some more modern ones!

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:31 am

And wood seems to suit the current theme in that area of the park better dont you think?

Putting a thrill/family ride in a family area? Good move :D

Thorpe need some big queue munchers, desperately! This could hopefully be it, are there any duel loading woodies out there?

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:40 am

"Titler" wrote:
are there any duel loading woodies out there?

Not sure if it really counts, but the UK already has one - grand national @ PBB

martynlfc
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:13 am

Yeah a racing Woodie, or even a dueling one would be good, although i have heard bad things about Gwazi.