UK theme parks from another point of view!

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:36 pm

Out of the 3 suggestions of a B&M Flyer, Floorless or a Eurofighter, i personally would love to see the Floorless over the lake, although this may not be realistic for Thorpe, i hope this does happen because i could imagine it to be great, also a Flyer would be great, swooping over the lake but a Eurofighter would be my worst nigthtmare, i hate the things, and i dont think they give a big thrill at all.

FallenAbyss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:51 pm

A floorless would be fantastic for Thorpe ... it would give them a UK first which is what all the parks need these days. I'd be happy with a nice flyer though if it were themed well and interacted with the surroundings well. I'm not 100% about a eurofighter .... dont get me wrong theyre ok for some parks but for the likes of Thorpe Park i'd see it as a cheap short term ride when the money could have been spent elsewhere. I personally think we'll see something from B&M in 2009 though.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/sets/72157626111847872/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/s ... 111847872/[/url]

Anonymous

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:02 pm

I am really hoping they dont get a Eurofighter, would be such a bad idea imo, the throughput on them is awful and they are horrible rough rides.

Get a B&M Thorpe!!!

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Well according to chat on some other well known forums, looks almost definite that we will get a Gerstlauer Eurofighter for 2009 although nothing officially confirmed.

It's going to be a Eurofighter, which will include a 12ft drop out of the station straight into an inline twist (hydra style), an immelman, two corkscrews and a speed hill.

The main drop will be slightly taller than Colossus at a 97 degree angle.

The station will be behind where Samurai currently sits.

It will be well themed, apparently, with a possible "show" during a level part of the track. (Although I doubt it'll beat Mystery Mine...but I hope I eat my words!).

I hope it is themed around Canada Creek. I think that if it is similar in scale and theming to Mystery Mine then this could be great fun.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:32 pm

There will definitely be a Eurofighter being constructed somewhere in the UK in 2008 because Gerstlauer have already confirmed this. Thorpe does look the most likely candidate so far!

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:49 pm

Constructed in 2008 ready for 2009? Or is there going to be one operational in 2008?

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:44 pm

Well considering it comes from Gerstlauer I should imagine it means being constructed in 2008, but as for opening you never know, Rage went up in a matter of a week or two! But something like Mystery Mine would take a lot longer than that.

bushboy2

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:49 pm

The recent Picsolve newsletter "In The Picture" confirms that the ride is a Eurofighter. The artical claims the ride is based on Speed at Oakwood. Whether this is a general comparison to a similar ride or an exact comparison to a similar layout etc isnt explained.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:21 pm

I think its going in BH tent!

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:26 pm

"Titler" wrote:
I think its going in BH tent!

Oooh I don't now, I think the next substantial coaster is expected in 2010.

I guess we could have another 'Spinball - Rita'. Hopefully they can produce better results and superior quality if they attempt this again though :shock:!

A Eurofighter would be fantastic in that Tent though!

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Hang on. Why we on about the BH tent in the Thorpe 2009 coaster?

Is the Eurofighter news Bushboy posted not relevant to this? :S

:D

ashhew1985
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:45 pm

Yes its relevant.

We know a eurofighter I coming to the UK next year. Bushboy is saying that it might be for AT rather then TP which is more then feasible.
Blackhole R.I.P

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 pm

But surley with the Merrie England Re-theme next year, they wouldn't have a Eurofighter aswell? And when would work have to start? I suppose these are quite compact and go up quite quickly... but I can't necessarily see this being for Alton.

ashhew1985
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:06 pm

I hope its for TP anyway.

I would have rather had a new b&m to enjoy but I do like the idea of a custom eurofighter with great theming, I think it would work well with the creek.
Blackhole R.I.P

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:50 pm

2007 - ME and Splash Galleons
2008 - Forbidden Valley Flat
2009 - BH Tent
2010 - Cred St Retheme? Aquariam?, Woodie? New Hotel?

Just some thoughts!

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:54 pm

"Matt 125" wrote:
I suppose these are quite compact and go up quite quickly... but I can't necessarily see this being for Alton.

Then why would they be starting work at Thorpe so early if this is not opening till 2009? Surely we should not be seeing any construction for at least a year. I am very confused about the facts at the moment. Some people say a Eurofighter is being built for next year, others say it is being built next year. Both very different statements. Does anyone know for sure?

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:57 pm

"Javs" wrote:
Then why would they be starting work at Thorpe so early if this is not opening till 2009? Surely we should not be seeing any construction for at least a year. I am very confused about the facts at the moment. Some people say a Eurofighter is being built for next year, others say it is being built next year. Both very different statements. Does anyone know for sure?

Because intially a flyer was planned for the site being infilled and around the Canada Creek area. Since Merlin have taken over, that seems to have been scrapped.

And Titler, when you say about 2007 being ME and Battle Galleons, do you mean 2008 as that is when it will open pushing things back a year? I would like to see something in the BH tent in 2009 personally.

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:05 pm

Think I answered my own question, found this ...........

http://thorpe.maniahub.com/news/29

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:21 pm

Ok that thing about a plan for AT to have a eurofighter. Nothing was actualy confirmed was it?
So they cannot realy say its linked.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:10 am

Thorpes getting B&M

AT is getting that Eurofighter i can tell!