UK theme parks from another point of view!

Best Themed Coaster?

Nemesis
29 (18%)
Rita
No votes
Th13teen
9 (5%)
Oblivion
2 (1%)
The Smiler
26 (16%)
Sonic Spinball
No votes
Air
No votes
Runaway MineTrain
5 (3%)
Stealth
No votes
Nemesis Inferno
2 (1%)
Saw The Ride
26 (16%)
The SWARM
63 (38%)
Colossus
No votes
Flying Fish
1 (1%)
X
2 (1%)

Total votes: 165

inFusion
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Best themed Coaster Thorpe VS Alton...

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:36 pm

The Swarm is my favourite themed coaster that I've ever encountered, despite it being in Staines-upon-Thames of all places. Considering it has an entire area of the park to itself (even though you could argue that Sonic Spinball does too haha) it is amazing how small the pathways seem because of the giant scenery. Saw is probably my second favourite (again despite it being in Staines), the theming gives it that scary feeling that leaves it being the ride in Thorpe that virtually everyone screams on. Unfortunately, despite how much I love it, I would not call Nemesis a good themed coaster. It's story is good and all, but I don't think there's much else too it despite it being in a pit.

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:52 pm

The Smiler has a great theme, it is just different to what we traditionally expect from a theme park as it is more modern and unique.

The Swarm is a great area of the park at Thope; however, I do like Saw too!

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:51 pm

I love the theme for The Swarm! From when you walk up it builds a really good atmosphere. I generally like those type of invasion disaster/ apocalyptic type ideas. I think it's a shame that many theme parks seem to not look after their ride themes properly in the sense of keeping the stuff around the ride looking good.
Thank You NemesisRider for my signature :)