UK theme parks from another point of view!

ReallyRollercoasterRules
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park : Fright Nights 2008

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:37 pm

The Mazes In Order (Starting With The Best!)

The Asylum
Hellgate
The Curse
Se7en

For a more in depth report view my trip report!
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

[url=http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/\" target=\"_blank]http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/[/url]

thorpecrazy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Absolutely love Fright Nights, for me The Asylum is definately the best maze.
[url=http://www.ThemeParks-UK.com\" target=\"_blank]www.ThemeParks-UK.com[/url]
your guide to UK theme parks

Dunny#1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Looking forward to going on wednesday but i am not expecting to ge on too many rides :lol:

ReallyRollercoasterRules
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:36 pm

"Dunny#1" wrote:
Looking forward to going on wednesday but i am not expecting to ge on too many rides :lol:

Unless you buy Fastrack I doubt you'll get on ANY rides :lol:

[url=http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/\" target=\"_blank]http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/[/url]

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:09 am

of f ^^ was just about to say yey going on wednesday, we cant expect to get on any rides??? damn better cancel it with my parents lol, but what i was gona ask can you use bogof online somehow? that would be great

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:06 am

Having been today, I was thoroughly impressed with the event, while busy the atmosphere around the park really picked up when it got dark! The Curse wasnt as bad as i thought it'd be but seeing as i went with a Disabled person (none other than our own hard of hearing dear old "hobbes" on the forums) we just walked on to all the mazes (except se7en!) and we were impressed!

Anyone know where I can get ahold of some of the music used on park at Fright Nights? I was there today and it really really was good!

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Dunny#1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 pm

Going tomorrow, althogh i doubt i will get on too many rides!

ReallyRollercoasterRules
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 pm

"Dunny#1" wrote:

You posted that on the last topic and I replied.

Without Fastrack I doubt you'll get on ANY rides

:roll:

---- Post Info Added ----

"ReallyRollercoasterRules""][quote=""Dunny#1" wrote:

You posted that on the last page and I replied.

:roll:[/quote]

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:31 am

im going somewhere today i have no idea where lol, apperntly chessington is fully booked according to the site that my parents dont believe so we are going all the way there, fingers crossed it is and we can go to thorpe instead :lol:

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:48 am

The fully booked just means that they've sold all the advance tickets which is only a certain percentage of the total number of tickets available. They have to leave some tickets available to buy on the day. Chessington's maximum capacity is 15,000. They wont have sold that many in advance, however, if you
take into account the on the day tickets sold and when you consider how busy chessington has been this season, i wouldn't be surprised if on several days this week they reached their 15,000 limit.

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:23 pm

wow cool, only 15,000 isnt alton 40,000? or am i imagining things again? :P
any way got on the road started going there...got to the motorway, nothing was moving at all and that was just at the start of it no where near chess/thorpe (it would of took an extra 3-4hrs on top) so we went to some stupid zoo thing :'(

Dunny#1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:59 am

You posted that on the last topic and I replied.

:roll:

---- Post Info Added ----

You posted that on the last page and I replied.

:roll:[/quote][/quote]
eh? What are you on about?!

Well i went and got on 6 rides without fast track, Nemesis, Stealth, Rush x 2, Tidal Wave and the rapids.

I was quite impressed with the mazes. My favourite was deifnietly the Assylum, the actors were great, the chainsaw guy was rally good, loved the smell :lol: and i liked the way you exited that one into the people! Hellsgate was ok, but nothing special, liked the bit where i went under the guy hanging on the wall! Se7en wasn't great for me, probably casue i went on at the back of a group of 10! The smell of sick was gross, and i really didn't like that bit! Curse was okay, the best bit was when an actress grabbed my feet, and being at the front i didnt know what it was!!

In genral the park was soo busy though, bought the maze fast track, as i onyl went for them!

Kaycee

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:55 pm

Been posting and reading on Southparks in their Fright Nights 2008 topic regarding TTF's experiences over the weekend (see Official Meet topic in the Official Meet forum for trip reports of our day) - there seems to be some attempt at improvement!

Fasttrack seems to have been temporarily scrapped.

Strict limits on park entry today - ANYONE who has not pre-booked their tickets has not been allowed on the park - INCLUDING those with annual passes. Surrounding train stations have been issuing announcements NOT to travel to Thorpe Park today if you have not pre-booked. The same looks likely for tomorrow and Sunday.

While these are drastic measures and impose problems within themselves - it is reassuring that Thorpe have taken on board some complaints and are attempting to make better for the rest of the event - apparently Wednesday was another awful day.

Whether this is to ensure a higher basic experience for each guest or because pre-booked figures showed gate numbers reaching those of which Thorpe Park just can't seem to cope with (or both), I'm unsure. But it'll be interesting to read any trip reports that surface. :)

Crofty

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:25 pm

It's a step in the right direction but I fear they may well have done this just because they have in fact reached capacity for those days. :(
Reading through some of the posts on Southparks members are suggesting that a cure for thorpes problems could be to start the mazes earlier in the season. I don't think this will help matter much. For me, the excitement comes through the event being close to Halloween and i'm sure thats the same for many others. Starting the mazes earlier in my opinion will only serve to benefit guests who don't normally do the mazes in any case due to them not being available. There will still be massive capacity for the premium days over half term and halloween.

:D :D

Kaycee

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:37 pm

I think there was some reference to opening the mazes earlier in the day during the event - but there's obvious staffing problems with opening the mazes at 2pm or even 12pm. Would the quality of mazes not be affected by actors taking more breaks, more actors needed to do shifts as 8-10 hours working in a maze will take its toll, actors getting tired?

It's an idea worth thinking about if it can be done properly and at little expense to the mazes, but as some recent days at the park have shown, all four mazes can be open and soaking up queues, but the sheer volume of people in the park means that everyone is still shoved in like sardines and unable to find a ride with less than 70 minutes queuing time.

Dunny#1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:30 pm

"Esmerela" wrote:
apparently Wednesday was another awful day.

Yeah it was! Queues for everthing were huge, i got on Nemesis early so their was barely a queue (Apart form a 15 mintue wait when they had to clear some "sick" as the ride op said!) but a few of my mates queued for 3 and a half hours to go on, from 6- half 9! And they said their were techies on the top of the lift hill. The stealth queue is so depressing, it just goes on and on, and is in such a small space aswell! But i did manage to get on the front row with no extra queues :D

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:28 am

So they have scrapped Fast Track? I was pretty pissed off with them this year over that, last year all 3 mazes cost us £5ish... this year it was £13! Unfortunately due to the stupid length of the Q's my group of 16 people all payed - Thats £208 for the privilege of skipping the Q's, even AFTER we had paid £21.50 entrance. Disgusting if you ask me.

Kaycee

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:04 am

Yep - all of our group at the Meet last weekend paid the full £13 for the privilege of getting on all the mazes that should have been guaranteed with paid entry/annual passes. So they made a fair whack out of us too - all profit! It was that, or queue ridiculous lengths of time! Asylum hit three hours. Seven's queue was nearing the entrance to Thorpe Mega Store.

Rush was 70 minutes on a short setting, which was the minimum queue. Slammer/Samurai both 90mins. Coasters at least 120mins +. Exit pass from Guest Services got us on a 20 minute queue for the exit to Nemesis Inferno. Ride host visibly stressed out, 2 rows of 7 on Inferno roped off for Exit queue, severely reducing capacity for the 120minute main queue. Absolute joke.

Dean

Fright Nights

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:30 pm

Fright Nights

Monday 12th October - Sunday 1st November

Open till late

Fright Nights is back and even more terrifying than ever between 12 October - 1 November 2009, transforming THORPE PARK into a world of twisted insanity! Experience exhilarating rides in the dark, terrifying live action horror mazes, and dare to Face Your Fears on the ultimate test as SAW - The Ride comes alive!

Due to the extreme popularity of this event, entry to Fright Nights is only available by booking in advance online. Make sure you buy your tickets early to avoid disappointment!

What do people make of Fright Nights being pre book only?

Annual Pass holders will have to pay the £3 ticket fee for Fright Nights, to gain entry?
Last edited by Dean on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stampida Joe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: THORPE PARK - Fright Nights pre book only...

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm sure this isn't the case, even though the website says it is. I mean the first week of Fright Nights is always dead, and the second week is pretty quiet. It's only during the half term week that it gets busy.

If they are making it for advanced bookings only, they'll be shooting themselves in the foot, as last year the first week was only getting about 3 thousand guests a day. And back in 2007, there was one day during Fright Nights in the first week when they only got 1,600 or something.

That can't be advanced booking only surely....
The Ghost of the sea, the Ghost of the sea