UK theme parks from another point of view!

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fright Nights

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Well, perhaps once all the roaming actors are in the park and you add on the Fright Nights atmosphere, it might change :D

RhysLocke444
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Lee wrote:
TTheory wrote:
Going to Fright-Nights, yippee!
However, what will the roaming actors be like?
Something I'm nervous about...

Based on last year, it can vary and increases in intensity as the evening progresses. Obviously they don't start until 3pm, however once Fright Nights begins they are quite quick to make an appearance with both roaming characters and characters around the maze attractions. Last year saw 'You're Next!' characters physically chase people around the park with weapons etc. I'm sure they judge it based on who looks like they are willing to take part.

All part of the fun :)

Hi Lee,

Do you have any more details on the roaming actors (or does anyone else on the forum?) are they all round the park or just in certain areas?? And intensity wise, are you thinking it will be similar to last year?

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:08 pm

The actors wander around the whole park, although last year large groups stayed around Swarm Island. By The Swarm is where they were most interactive, whereas around other areas they were very mild and barely any. :)

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:01 am

DannyG wrote:
The actors wander around the whole park, although last year large groups stayed around Swarm Island. By The Swarm is where they were most interactive, whereas around other areas they were very mild and barely any. :)

When I was there they literally went round the whole park. The time I saw them most active was around by The Asylum as they were chasing people with machetes and various other weapons.

JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:35 am

They should have the fake chainsaws for the roaming actors like they have done in the past in some of the American parks. They always freak people out!

SamTP
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:10 pm

BEN_BOII17
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Hey I'm new to FRIGHHT NIGHTS I've booked for the 1st November what can I expect the queue times to be like and have I got any chance of getting on all the mazes during my visit? :lol

SamTP
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:09 pm

You will definately get on all mazes.

BEN_BOII17
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:32 pm

SamTP wrote:
You will definately get on all mazes.

Okay that's good to hear lol

JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:28 pm

BEN_BOII17 wrote:
Hey I'm new to FRIGHHT NIGHTS I've booked for the 1st November what can I expect the queue times to be like and have I got any chance of getting on all the mazes during my visit? :lol

Hmm I'm not too sure. Fright Nights gets increasingly busy throughout the event, and it can be quite busy on weekends, so you should definitely expect it to be busy. However, my tip would be to get on a maze as soon as they open at 3pm, and to say until the very end of the event, at 10PM, where it should get a little less busy. Also, you may want to buy a fastrack if the mazes have long queues. :) But if you do it right, Im certain you can get on all the mazes.

BEN_BOII17
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 pm

That's great thanks

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:55 pm

A top tip for Fright Nights is getting to the entrance to a maze half an hour before it opens, as that way you will get on it at 3pm and then that will be one of them done. On very quiet days it is possible to get on all the mazes multiple times whereas on the busy days (all of half term) it is more difficult.

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:10 am

Also, it can be worth getting in a queue for a maze right near the end of the evening as sometimes that can be a good time to get a walk through in :)

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:03 pm

With just a week to go until Fright Nights, meet The Director in Thorpe's latest youtube video!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Pretty Creepy!
Creepier than Pedro!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:26 am

Thorpe Park appear to be doing their own version of the Ultimate Sleepover - The Extra Cut. This article describes the horrors that you can experience when staying at Thorpe Park this October.

The price is £125PP (based on 4 sharing), which gets you locked into the park from 11PM-2AM, then taken to your room in the back of a van.

Book Tickets Here
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:05 am

Ahhhh, Fright Nights look set to be brilliant again this year. Shame I won't be able to make it. I thought last year's event was borderline world class!

Shame Scarefest has gone down the pan...

JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:35 pm

I am super looking forward to Fright Nights this year. Hopefully I'm going on Friday the 24th October for a day trip. Just to add a sense of community, what are you guys going to do? When are you going, and are you going to be doing any extras (e.g The Extra Cut, or Face it alone etc.)? :)

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:45 pm

The Daily Mail has written an article that gives a vague itinerary of the Extra Cut, and what it consists of. It includes many spoilers, but I'm sure there are many more suprize to come. It sounds amazing.

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... -cult.html

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Looks like a new character "Skinless lady" http://youtu.be/sitqqRCN7Mw