UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Fright Nights

Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Emporium wrote:
What is CONTAINMENT, will it be simililar to Room 13 at the AT Hotel.

I have detailed this on the previous page of this topic, as well as linking back to it a few posts above. However a new teaser video has been released today.

Please do read back through topics at least a bit to ensure that you're not just asking questions which have already been answered or discussion which has been had.

N3m3s1s
TT Member
TT Member

Fright Nights

Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:33 pm

lewis97 wrote:
a new teaser video has been released today.

Idk why, but I get a super eerie vibe from this. Should be very interesting indeed.

Thorpegirl123
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:07 pm

I would love to go to this but I can't this year. Might do scarefest at Alton though.

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Thorpe Park have posted a colour image of the 'Wheel of Misfortune' which will be used to select the maze for their Face it Alone option on Instagram. For SAW, the severed foot has been replaced by a simple spiral. My Bloody Valentine is represented by an axe, Cabin in the Woods by a log cabin, and THE BIG TOP by a circus tent.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Start your visit and discover what your future holds at the ancient fortune teller where the tarot cards will reveal your fate as you enter this circus like no other - this is where your journey begins. As you enter the hall of mirrors keep your eyes open but don’t look too closely… there may be others watching. Search quickly to find your way out but beware, the worst is yet to come.

Journey through the carnival’s funhouse, once a place of laughter, now a haunting monument to the twisted revenge of The Figaro Bros. Become a part of their twisted game to see if you can avoid the same fate as those who have come before you.

To make your ultimate escape, walk along old carnival grounds as you approach THE BIG TOP – the main circus tent where The Figaro Bros. dressing room lies. Complete with a life sized Jack in the Box; it is here where you’ll experience your final encore.

Will you escape the Carnival Like No Other?

A bit more detail about The Big Top on the Thorpe Park website.

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Jack in the Box = Que Chainsaw!?!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Which Fright Nights maze gets the biggest queue / has the worst throughput. Obviously we can't say for the big top yet but otherwise?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:40 pm

I've not actually done any of the mazes at thorpe, but i've seen cabin in the woods at 2 and a half hours so they do get some pretty big queues.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Just thought i would share the pictures i took yesterday. Enjoy :)

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Could anyone tell me when the best period is to do the mazes for minimising the queue. I imagine the day time is. I've never done fright nights before so if someone could provide some info for me. Firstly. What's the average wait time in the day versus the night? Secondly are they worth doing during the day or should we wait till night? Or is there some eg saw which aren't affected by the time of day? Really want to do all the mazes this visit however we do want to maximise the amount of time we have riding the rides in the dark. Thanks in advance for any info provided. P.S as a reminder we are going on Friday 16th if this makes a difference to wait times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:35 pm

Blair Witch Project 'maze' doesn't open until 7pm and that usually gets quite a queue before it even opens. The other mazes are also busy from the moment they open. Its such a hard thing to predict when the mazes will be quiet as chances are they won't be. Reserve and Ride will also be running during Fright Nights, but i don't think it is known as to if it will be the mazes or the coasters that will be on it. At the moment the Thorpe Park website is currently saying that it will be the coasters, but that could change. As for the mazes, your generally looking at 1+ hour(s) for them.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:04 am

Okay. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Whilst at the park I was looking at the mazes being set up and being ready for Fright Nights. Was looking at Containment construction and advertising and thought it might possibly point towards what is gonna be in store. I shall get pictures tomorrow and upload them when I can for you all

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Unfortunately i wasn't able to get that many decent pictures due to my camera quality. But after being around the park and seeing the boards and advertising videos. I think i might have some ideas on what the new maze is going to be. (Sorry if this has already been announced or shown)

On some of the videos like the one just recently posted. You can see people trapped in cages looking infected. So maybe like the name "containment" its going to be a horror attraction seeing how long you can last inside. Also on the advertising board nearby for Containment. IT states it is a new timed scare attraction. Maybe meaning surviving a certain amount of time inside the container before entering.

On the building for the attraction there was a 2 light system ( one red and one green) with a buzzer i'm guessing to open the door. Also at the time, the queue board was outside waiting to be put up but again i couldn't take a decent image.

Besides the new maze, Cabin maze is by X again, Blair witch is in the rocky express area and the big top is on the beach. My bloody valentine is by where rush in the very corner right by the Crust shop, Honestly it looks very confined and out of the way there and i can imagine that area will be very busy.

This is all i can say. Hope this helps give an insight of the progress.

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:59 am

Containment lasts for 20 minutes roughly, so expect 5 minutes in each room on average.

RedStar98

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:31 pm

I'm not sure if anyone here would know, but I just wanted to check that with a disabled access pass at Thorpe Park you also get a fright night maze pass which allows you to use each maze once with it. That was how they did it last year and it worked really well- I assume they're doing the same thing this year? I couldn't see anything on the website but last year I only found out on the day when they gave me the maze pass.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Thorpe Park have confirmed their overnight experience will be returning fir 2015.

Thorpe Park Resort wrote:
The Figaro Bros. invite you to spend the night You will never forget... Spend a night at the jawesome THORPE SHARK Hotel during your FRIGHT NIGHTS break at THORPE PARK Resort! You'll get 2 days access to the best Halloween event in the UK, complete with rides in the dark, and overnight stay with breakfast! Plus:

Ultimate Fastrack in the first hour of park opening
Rides open till 10pm
Free parking
EXCLUSIVE & FREE use of NEW 2015 experience: CONTAINMENT*
Campfire Stories

Halloween Breaks start from £149 for 2

Scare factor 5/5
Last edited by Owen on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Do we happen to know yet if the RnR will be on the mazes or the coasters?

jonny9403
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Dom wrote:

Mazes I guess

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:28 pm

Dom wrote:

I don't think it's been confirmed yet Dom