UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Re: Fright Nights

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Platform 15 looks likely to replace My Bloody Valentine which is not listed!

Visit An Island Like No Other after hours this autumn with THORPE PARK Resort's FRIGHT NIGHTS! Live action horror mazes return alongside thrilling rides in the dark including THE SWARM, SAW — The Ride and Stealth. Step into a world where Halloween reigns supreme.

Discover rides in the dark and explore the unknown as you enter live action horror mazes, where Lionsgate's most frightening films come to life, including:

Blair Witch

Big Top

Saw

Cabin in the Woods

Containment

PLUS, there's a whole host of treats this year, including past characters from the best mazes roaming the Park and a brand new maze: Platform 15.

Are you ready to face your fears? Stay tuned for more information...

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:11 pm

You could say it's been... axed ;)

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Here is another image of what appears to be from 'Platform 15'

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Very nice find! Given the description of an "overgrown railway line", I wonder if Platform 15 will use the other half of the old Canada Creek Railway line. What's also intriguing is that the first promo-shot appears to have been taken in the location where the CCR carriages are stored, behind Loggers Leap.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:34 pm

I assumed it's going where MBV was last year, seeing how its gone, but that makes sense.

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:39 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Very nice find! Given the description of an "overgrown railway line", I wonder if Platform 15 will use the other half of the old Canada Creek Railway line. What's also intriguing is that the first promo-shot appears to have been taken in the location where the CCR carriages are stored, behind Loggers Leap.

With Loggers Leap out of action as well, for what we assume will be the full season, it could make for a very remote maze if they were to use the area. It would also bring a bit of life back to Old Town!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Interestingly the images on the Thorpe Breaks site have been slightly edited to give the characters somewhat more creepy-looking eyes, perhaps indicating how they will appear in Platform 15.

The name of the second image refers to the character as the 'Conductor' so perhaps that will be the name of this year's icon (if you want to call it that) in the same way that we've had the Director and Ringleader over the past couple of years.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Ok, those images are now kind of creepy! The black eyes almost suggest something demonic as in a fair few horror films and TV shows they use black eyes as a sign of demonic possession. I've also noticed that in the bottom left corner of the 2nd image there is what appears to be another person - although it's hard to tell if they're a victim, or another character from the maze.

Having 'The Conductor' as this year's icon would fit in with the theme of the new maze, and tie it in nicely with Ghost Train. We also know that characters from past mazes will be roaming so there is a chance we could see both The Ringleader and The Director roaming the park. The roaming characters could also open up the possibility of MBV still being featured in a small way as Harry Warden could become a roaming character. Will certainly be interesting to see which characters they choose to roam!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Wow. Funny coincidence I wanted the mascot for ff to be called 'The Conductor'

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:21 pm

On the Thorpe Break site where I found the announcement of Platform 15, it confirms that Containment is free if you stay at the Thorpe Shark, implying an up-charge cost again.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Seems there have been some slight (and probably unpopular) changes to the pricing structure for Annual Passholders this year. While there's no change to the arrangement for Premium passholders with the £1 reservation fee still in place, the price for Standard passholders varies depending on the date;
  • £5 on 7th-9th & 14th-16th
  • £10 on 21st-26th & 30th-31st
  • £15 on 27th-29th

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:33 pm

More Platform 15 advertising on the website and around the park has went up, including this new image. A video has also been put online here.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Here is one of the on site advertisements, credit to UK Theme Parks.

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:57 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Seems there have been some slight (and probably unpopular) changes to the pricing structure for Annual Passholders this year. While there's no change to the arrangement for Premium passholders with the £1 reservation fee still in place, the price for Standard passholders varies depending on the date;
  • £5 on 7th-9th & 14th-16th
  • £10 on 21st-26th & 30th-31st
  • £15 on 27th-29th

Does this only apply to those with Standard Merlin annual passes or with thorpe park annual passes as well?

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:21 pm

I believe it will apply to Thorpe Park passes as well yes.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Lionsgate have announced the new reboot/sequel to The Blair Witch Project hitting cinemas just in time for Fright Nights. Could this mean The Blair Witch Project could be receiving an overhaul this year? It's not unlikely if you ask me!

cianjs
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:19 pm

I'm happy with the possible overhaul of the maze. Another Blair Witch Film? Give me the strength to cope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:42 am

THORPE PARK Resort wrote:
Do you eat, breathe and sleep scare? Fascinated by fear? We're recruiting for FRIGHT NIGHTS now! Click through for more details...

http://bit.ly/29RuVIX

THORPE PARK Resort have also uploaded a video on their YouTube channel, advertising Fright Night jobs...

https://youtu.be/7p24EqC2RVw

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Platform 15 construction has begun, with the railway track from the old Canada Creek railway being removed, as well as the track near Saw and Samurai's exit.

Credit to ThemeParkGuide.

Based on this I'm fairly confident that the maze will utilise to old storage area for the trains, making it an indoor and outdoor experience.

cianjs
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:36 pm

I sincerely hope Thorpe don't mess up Fright Nights like last year..am extremely excited for Platform 15 though, although we don't know the slightest thing about it bar its storyline and rough location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by lewis97 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed swearing