UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fright Nights

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Platform 15 continues to have work done to the area. All the rails have been removed from what can be seen from Old Town, but other than that there nothing else to report.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:10 am

Thorpe Park have been teasing Fright Nights on Snapchat today

^Not sure what this image is about....^

^Looks like they are filming something spooky....^
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Not liking the hint towards sea creature to be honest, but don't fully understand what it has to do with the current Fright Nights line up.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:58 pm

Dom wrote:
Not liking the hint towards sea creature to be honest, but don't fully understand what it has to do with the current Fright Nights line up.

It may be that what seems to be a sea creature could turn out to be one of the roaming characters that we know are going to be wandering around the park. It wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of new characters alongside the characters from past mazes we know will be featured.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:03 pm

As we know that there will be characters from past mazes roaming the park, it seems likely that it may be a character from The Curse. Thorpe's snapchat has also posted photos of a Harry Warden from My Bloody Valentine looking character.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:31 am

Are they likely to be running the same manically busy limited Fright night openings? Im sure it used to be on for longer with more nights. We went last year and the park was at capacity.
Is there normally an annual pass night? Is it quieter? Maybe that's the answer!

Theme Park Callum
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:20 pm

There is an annual pass night, but the date hasn't been confirmed yet!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Theme Park Callum wrote:

Its usually the Thursday of the first weekend of Fright Nights, so its more than likely, but not confirmed, that it will be 6th October

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Dom wrote:
Theme Park Callum wrote:

Its usually the Thursday of the first weekend of Fright Nights, so its more than likely, but not confirmed, that it will be 6th October

It will be interesting to see if or what the park do for an Annual Pass Preview this year. As Dom said, usually it's the Thursday before the first evening and is combined with the media preview. However, this year the park is closed on that Thursday so I'm not sure if they will open just for a Fright Nights preview for Annual Pass holders. It will certainly be interesting to see what they do this year.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:39 pm

I believe it will be as per previous years as the job description for Fright Nights actors lists the following rehearsal dates; Friday 23rd September, Monday 26th September – Friday 30th September & Monday 3rd October – Thursday 6th October.

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:45 am

Details of this year's VIP Maze Tours have been released online, including details of how to book.

THORPE PARK Resort wrote:
Go behind the scenes to one of THORPE PARK Resorts terrifying horror mazes and learn all the secrets.

Choose from 2 tours:

Tour 1: SAW Alive & Cabin in the Woods
OR
Tour 2: PLATFORM 15 & THE BIG TOP

*attractions are subject to availability

Available on all FRIGHT NIGHT dates, recommended for guests 12 and above This ticket does not include park entry, you will need to be in possession of a valid Annual Pass or Day Ticket to enter the Resort for this experience.

VIP Products must be purchased in advance with 5 days notice. Limited upgrades available on the day at the resort.

For bespoke options or should you have any questions then please contact the VIP Team on: [email protected]

cianjs
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Image Metre high stacks of concrete bricks have arrived, along with MBV's ramp. I doubt this hints a return, however it's interesting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:55 pm

MBV isn't in the line up this year so I'd imagine they have a new use for it :/ I imagine this stack of concrete bricks are for use in either Blair witch or platform 15 I'd imagine the latter

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:18 am

At the moment it is to early to say, but as TheSmilerMan says it certainly isn't for MBV so it will have a new use.

The Big Top is moving this year, so it could be for that.

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Photos have been posted by Thorpe Park Mania's Facebook page of this year's The Big Top Maze located by Crust.

Photo credit: Thorpe Park Mania

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:43 pm

I must say that is one colourful marquee. Big Top is going to certainly be interesting to experience this year with what I assume will be a smaller footprint to last year, given its new location. Hopefully this and any other works, if any, they do to the maze will make it better than last year.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:05 pm

It looks like the Annual Pass event will be held on Monday 10th October from 5pm - 10pm with booking available soon.
Celebrate 15 years of FRIGHT NIGHTS with your favourite roaming characters from the best mazes of the last years. Live action horror mazes return alongside thrilling rides in the dark including THE SWARM, SAW – The Ride and Stealth.

Brave the live action horror mazes, where Lionsgate’s most terrifying horror films come to life. Iconic scenes from Cabin In the Woods and SAW along with THE BIG TOP come back for another year of screams.

NEW FOR 2016, take your turn to walk the Island’s deserted railroad, in the newest live action scare maze to join the FRIGHT NIGHTS line-up, PLATFORM 15.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:34 pm

New advertisements around the park state that people on Facebook will decide which characters will return as roaming actors in 2016!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm at the park on Friday so will try and get some updates on how the construction is going. I'm kind of excited for this years Fright Nights. It will be very interesting to see what's changed in the returning mazes and what Platform 15 has in store for people.

dannypugh88
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Just no face it alone :-(

Don't know if it's true but I have heard face it alone is only happening over half term this year
Last edited by Dom on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post