UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Fright Nights

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Dom wrote:
Roaming actors tend to stick to a set route so it could be they will have free reign. Were their roamers last year? Also rumours are spreading that Big Top won't be returning this year. I do not believe this rumour though as TP would be stupid to get rid of their best in house maze since The Asylum

There were roamers last year, although unfortunately I didn't see much of them (but I think that was just bad tiing on my part). It would be good to see more roamers this year, and I hope they get to roam more of the park. It is a difficult balance to get though as the park need to ensure the roamers have an impact, however also protect them from any adverse reactions by members of the public as the roaming actors would be very vulnerable to a member of the public hitting them.
I would be very surprised if THE BIG TOP didn't return. It is the strongest maze of Thorpe's recent line-ups and it only gets better each year. Also, bear in mind that Thorpe have released a series of Fright Nights pop badges recently, including one for THE BIG TOP - why would they issue a pop badge for a maze which isn;t returning?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:47 pm

There was a video a few days ago of a walker wandering down towards the Derren Brown area, which is pretty far from their normal staff routes for the actors at Walking Dead. So I'm hoping they'll be given greater free rein to walk about.

I haven't seen any evidence to say Big Top won't come back, other than it's maybe a little late in getting the set-up started. But seeing as they did a huge amount of work to zombie hunt in the 5 days before it opened, I'm not overly convinced it's not coming back. Plus the pop badge!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Ladyofthelake wrote:
Dom wrote:
Roaming actors tend to stick to a set route so it could be they will have free reign. Were their roamers last year? Also rumours are spreading that Big Top won't be returning this year. I do not believe this rumour though as TP would be stupid to get rid of their best in house maze since The Asylum

Also, bear in mind that Thorpe have released a series of Fright Nights pop badges recently, including one for THE BIG TOP - why would they issue a pop badge for a maze which isn;t returning?

This was literally the first thing I thought when I first saw the rumour circulating. I don'g know where the rumour has come from, but thought I would share the rumour just because it seemed silly.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:23 pm

The rumour started because the maze hasn't started (visible) construction. It should be noted that the 2015 version didn't start until much later on in the year, and things like Welcoming have just started. I fully believe it's coming back!

ThorpeCr4zy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:48 pm

I don't remember seeing these on last year's Fright Night's promo.. wonder what these could be?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:41 am

This is the 2017 version:

Source: Thorpe Park

So yes, the doll and roller skate are new additions. The first is probably Saw, the second?

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:12 pm

Spotted outside of Inferno's exit, I believe this is the same sign that was spotted on the shed a few months back?

Photo Credit: Bradd3rsroew

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:57 pm

Hmm, are those P's or question marks? I don't remember any signs earlier on in the year, but hopefully this isn't just some junk they've dragged out to mess with us! :lol

It's the last late night opening tomorrow, might we see more things hidden this weekend? The final pop-badge is meant to be revealed for Sunday.

With the focus on this area for Project 2020/Fright Night hints, I'm getting concerned the next sign we see might be: what's in the shed?

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:09 pm

Has there been any confirmation of an Annual Pass fright night preview event yet? I don't want to miss it if they release tickets!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:29 pm

timmy1372 wrote:
Has there been any confirmation of an Annual Pass fright night preview event yet? I don't want to miss it if they release tickets!

Nothing yet. The only information so far has been to keep an eye on their social media channels.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Markings seem to have been made in the Big Top area. There are about 5 rectangular sections. The first is along the path, the second and possibly third are across the concrete seating area, and the fourth is flush against the waterside fence going from the shop on the right to the Oasis tent on the left. The 5th goes right up to the end of the paved section on the left.

And more images: https://imgur.com/a/yq0xpzP

There is also a large power unit to the side of the Oasis tent. It's currently feeding the oasis tent, but I'd presume it isn't just for that.

professorb
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:33 pm

The power unit I assume you are talking about but is not visible in the photos is the one attached to the fence right? This would make sense.

If so, this used to power big top but is permanently there so don’t take it as any signs.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:01 am

Seemed to be free standing, but near the fence right at the end of the paved area to the left. It's about 1.5m in all dimensions and seemed to look like a temporary portable unit. I got the impression it was far in excess of what the Oasis tent needed, as that contains maybe one fridge, a couple of lights and an electric shock game.

Also given the markings, I'm not sure it's for the Big Top as there are too many rectangles. Maybe one or two of the marked off areas are the dimensions of a shipping container, the rest are much more narrow.

professorb
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
Seemed to be free standing, but near the fence right at the end of the paved area to the left. It's about 1.5m in all dimensions and seemed to look like a temporary portable unit. I got the impression it was far in excess of what the Oasis tent needed, as that contains maybe one fridge, a couple of lights and an electric shock game.

Also given the markings, I'm not sure it's for the Big Top as there are too many rectangles. Maybe one or two of the marked off areas are the dimensions of a shipping container, the rest are much more narrow.

Definately not big top, or at least the normal tent. They don't mark the floor, no need. If they were for some reason to mark the floor, the tent would be built by now, they don't come down just to paint the floor leave again.

Sounds like the fixed one for big top, big white box?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:34 pm

professorb wrote:
Definately not big top, or at least the normal tent. They don't mark the floor, no need. If they were for some reason to mark the floor, the tent would be built by now, they don't come down just to paint the floor leave again.

Sounds like the fixed one for big top, big white box?

You're right, tents and fencing would most likely just be placed down. Markings may suggest something heavier that'll be moved in by a crew? Either way, we can be fairly sure something is going here as it's all ready for a temporary attraction.

Yep, big white box. Guessing it's the same one that's always there! :lol

PsychOXRat
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:25 pm

The mystery pop badge appears to have been Blair Witch, so it seems to confirm that it's returning this year. This is going off of what I've found online though, so it could be misinformation being spread

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 pm

PsychOXRat wrote:
The mystery pop badge appears to have been Blair Witch, so it seems to confirm that it's returning this year. This is going off of what I've found online though, so it could be misinformation being spread

Yep, it was a Blair Witch pop badge. Seemingly odd IP choice due to not being in the spotlight at the moment, unless there are things we are unaware of with the rights holder, or Thorpe really wanted to go back to an older maze.

It would stand to suggest that the other mazes are returning for this year, given how they all had pop-badges this year. Whether or not they all appear where they were last year is another thing. Surely the full confirmed line up will be announced soon!

Then there is that very 80's looking television they used in the teaser... :-k

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:05 pm

What if The Big Top was to swap location with Sanctum (or some improved incarnation of it)? Has anyone who’s been at the park recently seen any activity in the area where Sanctum was located last year?

It would bring the TWD attraction a bit more into the park and distance TBT’s carnival/circus vibe, which may be better suited to the “nowhere is safe” concept which seems to imply a fair few roaming walkers, given the whole Year of The Walking Dead thing.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:10 pm

It's possible, although one of the issues Sanctum had was no one could find it, so if they did swap hopefully they'd sign post it better! In terms of movement, the shipping containers are still stacked up, otherwise the site is completely clear. A heavy lifter was parked at the access gate by Swarm and the toilet block on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Thorpe just released a new video to mark the end of Love Island Lates...

https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/1 ... 49088?s=19

I'm not sure what the scream at the end is from, but doesn't overly sound like a walker. Gave me a feeling of a larger monster. Although I might be being hopeful of surprise monsters!

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:10 pm

lewis97 wrote:
What if The Big Top was to swap location with Sanctum (or some improved incarnation of it)? Has anyone who’s been at the park recently seen any activity in the area where Sanctum was located last year?

When I visited last week there were some containers on the site which look like the Sanctum ones, I could only assume it would be that Sanctum would return to it's location.
I'm the boy with the bubbles