UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Fright Nights

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:40 pm

Take this with a pinch of salt, but Scaretour have posted something rather intriguing, although I feel it's jumping on the band wagon of Blair Witch. 

THORPE PARK Official have confirmed that favourite mazes will return alongside The Walking Dead for 2018. Which of these historical mazes would you like to see return? - Freakshow 3D, The Freezer, Asylum, Hellgate, Se7en, The Curse, Dead End: Terror Zone, Experiment 10, The Passing, My Bloody Valentine, Blair Witch Project, Cabin in the Woods or Studio 13?

Firstly I'm not sure where they got their confirmation from, so as I said, it could be them just making a filler post jumping on the Blair Witch return idea or they are just interpreting favourite mazes incorrectly when it's Big Top and Platform 15. Or, if it is true, it opens a whole new kettle of fish, but thought I would share a potential lead into the FN mystery. 

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:12 am

I'm expecting Blair Witch from what Jack posted the other day. It is a very strange choice though!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:30 am

Could be that this is how they'll market it this year? It's just coincidental that the fan favourites are all, bar one, mazes from last year. :lol

Thinking about the area that is marked out in what has been the Big Top location, if they decided to move Sanctum here, it would be significantly smaller. Seemed only space for two shipping containers and not much else. Perhaps this is something different entirely?

professorb
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Dom wrote:
Firstly I'm not sure where they got their confirmation from, so as I said, it could be them just making a filler post jumping on the Blair Witch return idea or they are just interpreting favourite mazes incorrectly when it's Big Top and Platform 15. Or, if it is true, it opens a whole new kettle of fish, but thought I would share a potential lead into the FN mystery. 

Scaretour have a great relationship with Merlin parks and have ways of getting inside information before it's publicly announced...

jotemo87
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi, I am planning to go on October, 5th to the park, however I could only stay until 4pm. Are the mazes opened at 12pm on that day? Could I enjoy Fright Nights with only 4 hours? Thanks!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:56 pm

jotemo87 wrote:
Hi, I am planning to go on October, 5th to the park, however I could only stay until 4pm. Are the mazes opened at 12pm on that day? Could I enjoy Fright Nights with only 4 hours? Thanks!

The opening hours for any attractions haven't been announced yet. Last year they were typically opening everything at some point between midday and 4pm, largely I believe in terms of how busy they thought the park would be. If it's quiet (which it typically is early on in Fright Nights) and the attractions are open, then you would probably be able to do everything within the time you have. Although some of the attractions, especially the outdoor ones, may loose some of their magic during daylight hours.

In other news, the Thorpe Park website is having a few issues today, whilst they are updating it... :sus:

Stripes91
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:54 am

Thorpe parks website has been updated to include Fright Nights (https://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights-2018) - this page only lists TWD:LM, Platform 15, Saw:Alive, and containment.

Are we expecting more to be added at a later date, or do you think that we’ll see a reduced line up this year?

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:56 am

More is due to be announced :)

I really hope Big Top returns in some form though. I'm actually a little gutted it hasn't been announced :(

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:43 am

I do find it slightly amusing that Thorpe have released the info so quietly and left it to the fan sites to promote.

I can't even find the "more coming" statement on their website, but one of the fan sites have posted what's possibly an email they received?

Kenton80
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:48 am

It feels like a very lazy announcement to me. like you said Swarm, its very quiet, and all they've done is announce the permanent built mazes, almost a 'No sh*t Sherlock' moment. We are a month away from the scare season, Towers are releasing bits for their new mazes now, and then you get Thorpe who can't be bothered to even give us a full line up. 

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:04 am

So Thorpe have caught up with everyone else now :lol

No new information, but here is their announcement with a video using the same television from before: Thorpe Announcement

jotemo87
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:18 am

Swarm Chris wrote:
jotemo87 wrote:

The opening hours for any attractions haven't been announced yet. Last year they were typically opening everything at some point between midday and 4pm, largely I believe in terms of how busy they thought the park would be. If it's quiet (which it typically is early on in Fright Nights) and the attractions are open, then you would probably be able to do everything within the time you have. Although some of the attractions, especially the outdoor ones, may loose some of their magic during daylight hours.

In other news, the Thorpe Park website is having a few issues today, whilst they are updating it... :sus:

According to the website: TWD:LN, Containment, Saw and Platform opens at 12pm, but once there they can vary their opening hour and open later?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:24 am

jotemo87 wrote:
According to the website: TWD:LN, Containment, Saw and Platform opens at 12pm, but once there they can vary their opening hour and open later?

Given they've stated the opening times this year, I believe these attractions should all open at 12pm every day. :)

Any on-the-day changes to those times should be limited to unforeseen issues only.

jotemo87
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
jotemo87 wrote:

Given they've stated the opening times this year, I believe these attractions should all open at 12pm every day. :)

Any on-the-day changes to those times should be limited to unforeseen issues only.

That’s are great news for me. All these four mazes are indoor?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:55 pm

jotemo87 wrote:
That’s are great news for me. All these four mazes are indoor?

Platform 15 is an outdoor maze, the rest of the currently announced attractions are all indoor.

Also Containment has normally been an additional fee attraction, whilst all the rest are included as part of your ticket. Keep an eye on the Thorpe Park website to see what they announce about this, as even if turns out it is free entry this year, my suspicion is you would need to pre-book a time slot.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Thorpe Park's website is saying that an announcement will happen at 7am on Tuesday to announce the remaining attractions for this year's Fright Nights

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm very disappointed that THE BIG TOP hasn't been announced as returning. It was arguably Thorpe's strongest maze and has been getting better year on year. I've personally never had much love for PLATFORM 15, but I guess the park are limited as to what they can put in that space - I shall reserve judgement until I see what they have done to it for this year.

With BIG TOP seemingly gone, I do hope any new maze is an in house concept. As much as having IPs like The Walking Dead help the park to market the event, the event needs original concepts to balance things out and give the line up the depth and breadth it needs to succeed.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:55 pm

The only problem with in house based on their history is that the first year its open its terrible :lol

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Dom wrote:
The only problem with in house based on their history is that the first year its open its terrible :lol

That's not always the case. Studio 13 was a great maze - Thorpe got that right in its first (and only) year. I've always thought it such a shame that Studio 13 only got one year and the Resort didn't find a different location for it.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Just going to leave this here... you may need to zoom in a little bit.

Credit to All Thorpe Park's Source.