UK theme parks from another point of view!

John
TT Member
TT Member

Re: THORPE PARK 2010

Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Don't think its a troll, more of a spammer. They only posted to advertise the website in their sig.

tamtam86
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 18, 2010 1:04 pm

I have to say I have never really been a massive fan of Thorpe and regularly refer to it as a concrete funfair, however I visited on Saturday and have to say, I had a ruddy amazing time! All rides were working and it was absolutely packed but the queues still moved very quickly (apart from Colossus which I can't stand anyway)

All the staff were very polite and even the "chavtastic" reputation wasn't apparant.

I do agree that Thorpe needs to be bigger, which they are taking care of by infilling the lake so hopefully this will increase the experience, although it may take quite a long time before we feel the effects.

DiogoJ42

Tue May 18, 2010 5:11 pm

"tamtam86" wrote:
... I visited on Saturday ... All rides were working ... the queues still moved very quickly ...

:?
Are you sure you went to Thorpe, and not Chessy by mistake? :P ;)

tamtam86
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Haha definitely Thorpe, not been to Chessie for about 10 years!

DiogoJ42

Tue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm

:shock: Then get your butt over to Ye Olde Worlde Ofe Adventurese, pronto! :D They have more than two coasters these days! :lol:

Good to hear it is possible for Thorpe to have minimal breakdowns once in a while.

browr020
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park: Future Discussion

Tue May 18, 2010 9:57 pm

I was at thorpe park on the 17/05/10 and while queing for saw-the ride i was talking with one of the ride atendents a she said that she couldn't wait for the new coaster in 2012

elmerfudd
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 19, 2010 1:17 am

"mcbrian23" wrote:
What about getting rid of the T-Cup ride?

Reliability has improved a lot but there are still teething issues. Went yesterday and Samurai was a late opener and then had numorous problems "parking" at the end of a ride

Slammer took ages to open and when it eventually did it just seemed so slow loading and unloding riders

And Stealth was open on off throughout the day

You could be onto something there mate, with the T-Cups. If you look in thier MDTP, I may be wrong here but I believe they intend to remove them (Maybe to a new area perhaps) to make room for a new flat.
With regards to your Browr, do you have anymore information? We know that the chances of a new coaster in 2012 are very, very likely, having looked at the MDTP. Do you know what type of coaster it will be, and where of its location?

browr020
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 am

I want a 4th dimension coaster

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 19, 2010 8:17 am

"browr020" wrote:
I want a 4th dimension coaster

Have you been watching Steven Hawking's Universe?

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Having a theme park week to celebrate my 40th starting the 31st May, off to Chessington for 2 days then Thorpe Park and then Legoland, I can't wait!

SAM93

Fri May 21, 2010 1:23 pm

I must say, I do really quite like this montage promotional style image they are now using as the profile pic on the official Facebook Page :).

Very Vibrant, with lots going on!

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Anyone know if SAW is available on Fastrack? Notice it's not mentioned on the website but last year I paid £4 extra to use it? Strangely Stealth is listed twice, once under the Accelerator pass and once on it's own for £4 ?

Darren
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 21, 2010 6:34 pm

"Spendleb" wrote:
Anyone know if SAW is available on Fastrack? Notice it's not mentioned on the website but last year I paid £4 extra to use it? Strangely Stealth is listed twice, once under the Accelerator pass and once on it's own for £4 ?

Yes, it is available on Fastrack. I believe it is £4/5, and can only be bought seperately, or as a combo with Saw Alive, which is slightly more.

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Does anyone else find it funny how on Thorpe's Facebook page almost everyone is asking what rides are broken down or unavailable? Looks like it's not just enthusiasts who know about Thorpe's reliability, even if it does seem to have improved this year.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Going back to the "rap" music on the rides, I remember when Alton were being sponsored by New Moon (in the Twilight series) and it was playing all the music from the film on the rides, I felt this destroyed the atmosphere and themeing of the rides.

Also, should I avoid SAW: Alive, considering I jump VERY easily? :P :oops:
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Big C
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 22, 2010 8:25 pm

^ Based on reviews i really have bypassed SAW Alive. The reviews state that SAW Alive is a terrible excuse for a ride (although some poeple will disagree with this!) i had no intention even when I was at Thorpe. I will try it in 2 weeks time and report back!

^ As i stated with many others that the rap music and hip/hop is going on at thorpe and it is terrible. It ruins the entire mood! I have always loved Vortex's voiceover, and collosus the atmosphere is just briliant with the right music, without? Well i think they have lost their bearings, please bring the atmospheric music back, Thorpe. Don't loose the plot entirely...
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!

Martin.C
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 22, 2010 9:55 pm

"numb3r1towersfan" wrote:
As i stated with many others that the rap music and hip/hop is going on at thorpe and it is terrible. It ruins the entire mood! I have always loved Vortex's voiceover, and collosus the atmosphere is just briliant with the right music, without? Well i think they have lost their bearings, please bring the atmospheric music back, Thorpe. Don't loose the plot entirely...

I have to agree with you entirely on that.

Thorpe Park have gone a bit too far with their new image. The rap/Hip-hop style music playing on some of the rides just ruins the entire atmosphere and theming of the place. An example of this is when I went to Thorpe Today, they were playing Colossus's awesome theme in the area. But about 2 hours later, they replaced it with this ghastly rap music, for almost the rest of the day! It really annoyed me as well as many of my friends on the day!
The same happened in Loggers Leap and Vortex's queue too! #-o

Some people may disagree with me on this, but I personally think their new image which is targeted at teenagers, in the park and on their website isn't that effective. Yes I admit it is attracting more people to come to the park and the appearance of some rides are gradually getting better. I don't have a problem with that.
But my problem is they need to sort out this music, as it is just going too far ahead, and I fear that in the near future, almost all rides will play this terrible music.

If Thorpe Park could just play their entrance/ride themes as they usually do, the park would be a lot better, as rap/hip-hop music will never work at Thorpe Park.

elmerfudd
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 23, 2010 1:15 pm

^Agreed.
If people want to listen to Hip Hop, just stay at home and listen to it on the laptop! :D

The whole point in going to a themepark is not only for the rides, but also for the experience. I LOVED the fact you could hear the roaring colossus with the amazing fantasy ride music from the car park.
Now, I havn't actually been where this new hip hop/rap music has been introduced, but like I said, the whole point in themeparks is for the whole atmostphere, the whole experience.
Its really hard to imagine the fact your queuing up for Saw, a horror themed attraction/rollercoaster and all you can hear is the bellowing rap music on colossus and loggers. Just seems abit too chavy for me.
This is very, very stereotypical from Thorpe Park and its almost upsetting.

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Saw: Alive

Sat May 29, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm surprised there isn't already a topic on Thorpe's new attraction, I apologise if there already is.

I am going to Thorpe Park soon with some friends and I am bound to get forced on this terrible attraction, I'd just like peoples opinions on the maze to be honest, I am not very good with scary "jumpy" things so I'd like "advice" on whether I should go on it or not. :o :oops:
Last edited by AltonThorpe on Sat May 29, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Personally, I didn't like Saw Alive - although the themeing's good, the actual maze experience was disappointing and felt it wasn't scary at all so you should be ok with it :D