"Islander""][quote=""Sam""][quote=""Tom Green" wrote:No effects or theming that I could tell were in operation, though.
"Weatherspoon on TPM" wrote:Been to THORPE PARK today with school and was lucky enough to be given a business presentation from the park.
During this a few intresting things for the future of the park were revealed (but they were very vauge about them):
1) SAW - Alive is "only a quick attraction costing £600,000 and will be removed after 3 - 5 years, the attraction may be moved permanently on land if the demand is there"
2) The 2012 coaster is going to be 150ft high (as their hight limit has been raised 50ft) and will be on the left island behind Stealth.
3) The 2015 coaster is going to be located to the right of the entrance bridge and the education centre will be demolished for this nearer the time.
4) Hotel construction is going to start soon for a 2013 opening, "contractors are already on site..."
5) Storm surge (2011 water ride) is going to be themed around Amity Cove, and is on site in "a staff car park, in several pieces..."
6) Pizza hut is the next outlet to be removed and taken over by the park, this will then be followed by Burger King and then KFC.
7) X: No Way Out has had its lights on to allow the park to moniter the number of people being sick on the ride and this has fallen by half since they have been on, next year the ride is set to get a retheme and a new light show is to be installed to help this problem.
8) Octupus Gardens is not gone for good, next year they will be located in the Weymouth SEALIFE Centre.
9) The SAW branding will run out in about five years (apparently) and so the maze will be removed and the ride will be rethemed to something like "The Hanted Mill..."
Oh and the map is apparently not for navigation but its a "work of art..."
And thats all I can remember... Discuss what you think below!