UK theme parks from another point of view!

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park 2013: Possible Ride Discussion

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 pm

I find Merlin have never really thought things through in a logical sense. For example, why cram Sub-Terra into a small corner of the park when they already had a substantial amount of dark rides, a wide number of disused areas and plans laid out for numerous developments. Why build Storm Surge in the most awkward place possible when again, there were numerous other places outlined on the MTDP.

I'd say Saw and Saw: Alive, two consecutive years, two attractions side by side was a fluke, probably due to IP related contractual obligations. But as for 2013, I'd say anything goes, and I mean literally anything...

jamesc
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:22 am

I think the new rides for 2013 will be one or both of these.

4D Trains for Swarm - the trains were not ready tested by B&M at the time the original ride was built.

5D Cinema relocated from the London Dungeons, to be installed inside the old Time Voyagers building or inside the back of X:\ No Way Out where the old maze Hell Gate was.

What do others think, very possible be a cheap easy option and the park can then market Swarm again with Now with 4D trains!

The 5D cinema could include a film about a Swarm of bees and you have to blast them with your guns.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:31 am

It won't be 4d trains, as it means the swarm will need completely new track with the 3rd and 4th rails to operate them. No theme park anywhere would spend as much as Thorpe have on wing-rider trains, only to scrap them the following year. It makes absolutely no business sense.

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Having read the rumours about a 5D Vengeance style attraction or Vengeance its self, I would say this is the most likely to be true.
Seeing as we haven't seen any planning or even a hint that some ground work is going to take place, it's sensible to suggest that they will make use of a currently wasted space.

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:18 pm

jamesc wrote:
I think the new rides for 2013 will be one or both of these.

4D Trains for Swarm - the trains were not ready tested by B&M at the time the original ride was built.

5D Cinema relocated from the London Dungeons, to be installed inside the old Time Voyagers building or inside the back of X:\ No Way Out where the old maze Hell Gate was.

What do others think, very possible be a cheap easy option and the park can then market Swarm again with Now with 4D trains!

The 5D cinema could include a film about a Swarm of bees and you have to blast them with your guns.

Who says B&M even offer 4D trains? It's a Wingrider, not a 4D.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:33 pm

I personally would like to see some changes made to detonator. maybe fit it with some stand-up floorles seats, like apocalypse at drayton manor. I found apocalypse so much better than detonator purely because of the seating. maybe even add my idea for a worlds first flying drop tower, i think dropping face first would be an amazing and unique feeling. it gives thorpe a good chance to market detonator again aswell. obviously it isnt at the top of thorpes priorities but would add to the experience of the ride..

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:09 pm

danwhit709 wrote:
maybe even add my idea for a worlds first flying drop tower, i think dropping face first would be an amazing and unique feeling. it gives thorpe a good chance to market detonator again aswell.

Nah, I don't like that. The whole point of a drop tower is you are thrown out of your seat. Facing down would just make it like a cheap B&M Dive Coaster. But I sort of get it. Maybe if it faced down as it went up.

JoeGibbon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:16 pm

dominoes wrote:
danwhit709 wrote:
maybe even add my idea for a worlds first flying drop tower, i think dropping face first would be an amazing and unique feeling. it gives thorpe a good chance to market detonator again aswell.

Nah, I don't like that. The whole point of a drop tower is you are thrown out of your seat. Facing down would just make it like a cheap B&M Dive Coaster. But I sort of get it. Maybe if it faced down as it went up.

There are drop towers that tilt you about 15-20 degrees forward at the top, such as High Fall at Movie Park Germany. It doesn't really add much to the ride experience

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 pm

^ Oh yeah, I know, but I mean like the idea of it tipping over more than 50 degrees seems a bit silly.

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah i suppose but it was just a cool idea I had.

I also came up with a 4D drop tower, a head first drop tower and a reverse drop tower where you lie on your back and launch up... all ridiculous i know but id love to ride them! 8)

Thorpe Park is Epic!
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Guys, Samurai Could move to swarm island, and a new flat ride take its place! On the website it says samurai is currently closed for refurbishment! It will return 2013 but will it return under a different name??? I usually visit thorpe park a couple of time a year and i am going fright nights this year to experience 'The Passing' but if there isnt a new ride next year I might go to somewhere like flamingo land instead. Sounds stupid right! I still need to experience Slammer though its been closed every time I go!

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 pm

It's says its closed for 'essential' refurbishment .. Why couldn't they have waited till the season ends in a few weeks:/

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:33 am

If we were going to see a flat ride addition, surely we would have seen a planning application by now? What ever is going to happen for next year is due to open in less than 6 months.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:44 pm

----reece---- wrote:
It's says its closed for 'essential' refurbishment .. Why couldn't they have waited till the season ends in a few weeks:/

The one thing we can't blame Thorpe for. Maintenance, however minimal, has a set time to be completed, so things have to give. Best to have it give end of season and open with a full fleet of rides next season.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:54 pm

just found this dont no if it helps

Thorpe Park –  Proposed: Relocated Vengence ’5D’ attraction from London Dungeon to 4D Cinema building.
Also, new ‘Snoozebox’ shipping container temporary accomodation 2013
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

AdrenalineAlex

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 pm

stu1980 wrote:
just found this dont no if it helps

Thorpe Park –  Proposed: Relocated Vengence ’5D’ attraction from London Dungeon to 4D Cinema building.
Also, new ‘Snoozebox’ shipping container temporary accomodation 2013

what's your source?

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:15 pm

If its going to be next to the theatre and inferno then it could be Nemesis inferno: sub terra!! :) Imagine thorpey actually doing that.

ImURNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Marcus Assab wrote:
If its going to be next to the theatre and inferno then it could be Nemesis inferno: sub terra!! :) Imagine thorpey actually doing that.

No...  :|

AJLlama
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 am

There have been a fair few mentions of "Swarm hunters" on the official Swarm FB page...... def thinking vengeance.

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 am

----reece---- wrote:

Because its essential... The ride cannot run again until they fix it.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion