UK theme parks from another point of view!

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park 2013: Possible Ride Discussion

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm

You realise it is advertising a facebook event and not even attempting to even look like a ride ad right?
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

King Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:53 pm

The Moon wrote:
You realise it is advertising a facebook event and not even attempting to even look like a ride ad right?

I did when I looked at the video in Youtube but couldn't be bothered to change the post.. I originally got the link from the post off the Facebook page so was no description :)
Last edited by King Nemesis on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJH
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I didn't look at the video sorry x
Chris 21 Manchester

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Thorpe park are due to announce something soon with regards to a new / retheme / vevamp of an attraction for 2013.

ProfessorBurp
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 pm

I hope that this announcement coincides with the rebrand of the park. 3 years of the Fat heads is more than enough, thank you very much  :)

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 pm

ProfessorBurp wrote:
I hope that this announcement coincides with the rebrand of the park. 3 years of the Fat heads is more than enough, thank you very much  :)

You're right! It would be good to see the park re-branded as such, I feel the current brand is a bit tacky and something needs to be done to get it more 'cutting edge' and 'contemporary'.

Thorpe Park have said they've got a "big reveal" coming soon so god knows what they've got up their sleeve! :?

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Taken from Thorpe's FB page
Ready for your first clue about our plans for this year? Well here it is....

Are you brave enough to experience the evolution?

Curious :-k possible dark ride?

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Evolution of THE SWARM!? backwards trains? 4D trains? or a Side Attraction - Vengance 5D (from London Dungeons)?
Image 2014

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 pm

I would love to hear that the swarm has evolved to 4d trains but I cant imagine that happening with the cost of the initial trains unless they have landed in the us for gatekeeper.

Actually this sounds like the rumoured x:/wtf refurb
Last edited by Wildboy on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

AJLlama
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

As said before, the swarm won't be going 4D, the track would need replacing and they've only had the current cars for a year, so they won't need replacing for a while. Also the Swarm is still new, they won't majourly alter it for years (if at all) my main guess is its something to do with X:NWO or Vengaence

CJH
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:46 pm

It isn't impossible for the swarm to go 4D, it is however unlikely! Look at Shiekra at Busch, they opened that with floored trains to convert it a season or two after to floorless!
Chris 21 Manchester

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 pm

The point is (as stated before), that the track is not 4D ready. To convert the ride to 4D, you don't just need new trains, but a whole new track to run them on, due to the need for an additional two rails. yes it's not impossible, but no park anywhere would be stupid enough to fork out however many Millions B&M charge for track and trains, only to replace them 12 months later.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:15 pm

it was just speculation... but nice to see it's been answered with basically a straight no haha  :oops:
Image 2014

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 pm

DeanGaryCox wrote:
it was just speculation... but nice to see it's been answered with basically a straight no haha  :oops:

Lol, speculation is fine, but I prefer to keep a sense of realism at the same time ;)

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:25 pm

I think the evolution might have something to do with The Swarm though in terms of Vengance 5D, themed around the swarm as that's been a rumour to come to Thorpe Park for a while now...
Image 2014

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 pm

I agree with you there. But there hasn't been any planning apps, Which means it has to go in an existing building. the only two contenders though are the old P4D building, or the X pyramid. Both of which are too far away from swarm island to be effectively tied in IMO.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Well with how thorpe parks areas fit in at the moment, with x no way out apparently being in the same area as colossus, rush etc. then I can't see why it wouldn't go there, and might be the only choice... and then in the future can change the movie of the ride to go with something else?
Image 2014

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm

DeanGaryCox wrote:
Well with how thorpe parks areas fit in at the moment, with x no way out apparently being in the same area as colossus, rush etc. then I can't see why it wouldn't go there, and might be the only choice... and then in the future can change the movie of the ride to go with something else?

Like what Boz said, I bet my money on a new dark ride replacing XNWO. It has served its time with all electronics breaking, looking out of place, confused theming and looking like  :censored: inside and out.

CJH
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm

The 2 rails thing comes from a different manufacturer who's to say B&M haven't created a new system? Just a thought?

They did it with the flying coaster, new system and way of moving into the flying position etc!

As I said unlikely but still!
Chris 21 Manchester

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Just a question here if the MOS does take over X, would the pyramid colour and external design be altered in any way? As this is what, in my opinion would first alert the general public of the change!