UK theme parks from another point of view!

MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - The Future

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:21 pm

That Arthur ride looks incredible! I'd love something like that! (But with a different theme - a Marvel superhero theme could work really well!)

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 pm

I don't know if Thorpe would do the copyrights for Marvel, TBH they have Lions gate films alright copyright for FN. Why not make use of that deal? It would probably be just as good of an investment as a Marvel ride...

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Seeing as Marvel is owned by Walt Disney who have already licensed it to Universal, and have plans for attractions of their own, Merlin would stand next to no chance of acquiring it.

I think the rumoured Doctor Who theme is more likely or if you go down the Lionsgate route (which I would anticipate as being too expensive) you have possibilities such as The Hunger Games.

Although this will undoubtedly be a big investment, there'll still be restrictions as to what they can actually afford. They need to spend their money on decent ride hardware as well as a good IP.

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:19 pm

I think that they need to look for a good throughput for their next ride, looking at how queues have stacked up because of Scarefest. The area behind Nemesis I was developed and refurbished recently...it is an ideal candidate
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Might postpone my first thorpe park until 2016 then

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:36 pm

nemefan08 wrote:
Might postpone my first thorpe park until 2016 then

Thorpe Park do still offer a wide variety. Don't postpone just for one ride. Go next year and the year after. Gives you an excuse to go back :P

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Guys...wheres the "Thorpe Park - The Next Coaster" forum gone? It wont come up if its still there

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:59 pm

TheBeast wrote:
Guys...wheres the "Thorpe Park - The Next Coaster" forum gone? It wont come up if its still there

It has been renamed to Thorpe Park - New Indoor Attraction 2016 following the recent announcement.

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:33 am

Ah right cheers

GMan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:23 am

Thorpe have teased a new announcement coming "soon" on their Facebook page. We haven't heard anything about their 2015 investment yet so do you think it'll be about that or will they start hyping up the new dark ride?
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:21 pm

The announcement of pizza & pasta instead of pizza hut? That seems like the sort of let down we are used to.

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:26 pm

sw7nutter wrote:
The announcement of pizza & pasta instead of pizza hut? That seems like the sort of let down we are used to.

So the fact Thorpe Park are building a fully themed dark ride is a disappointment? I'm sorry but I disagree. I have some issues with Thorpe Park, however I think Thorpe Park's recent announcement regarding the major dark ride attraction is anything but disappointing :)

GMan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:07 am

I'm finding it hard to image the GP feel the same tbh - half of them are responding with "new coaster pls" and the others have incrediblely witty remarks such as "you're replying to your emails!", "Fright Nights broke records for Queue Line length!" or "All staff in 2015 will smile at least once a day?" to name just a few of the many gems spewed out by the park's facebook fans.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:01 pm

The announcement isn't about the dark ride. Thorpe have already mentioned the dark ride over twitter. So if the announcement is the dark ride then they really are the worlds most stupid company. I am 98% sure the announcement is about 2015. The dark ride will follow standard advertising in that it will be teased about until it opens. The inside will remain secret, a name will be revealed next september, and the worlds most subtle advertising campaign until then.
I would currently guess that the announcement will be angry birds land related and its getting expanded to include the rumba rapids and the tea cups. That is what i would like to hear.
Merlin have one hell of a hill to climb to convince the dark ride is worth their time, and the only way they will be able to do that is by an IP. Which means my other 2% guess would be that they are going to state an IP.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:49 pm

I guess we will just have to play the waiting game on this. But hopefully it will be something worthy of being told that an announcement is coming.

MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Come on Thorpe Park. Tell us! I'm dying to know!

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:58 pm

The "something new" is probably a standing ride. If you think about it, a few sites predicted 4-5 new standing rides- we have only seen two. That's probably going to be the new thing. Heck, we could even see something new in place of Slammer, given the problems that has been having recently

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Well it was working fine (for Slammer's standard ;) ) towards the end of last season. With all the time and money that has been pumped into it, I would be extremely surprised if they removed it over the off season.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:08 pm

I'm probably just over thinking this, but during Fright Nights i noticed that the old Fungle Safari was having work done to it. I didn't think much into it at the time because i thought it was to do with the dark ride. But having browsed Total Thorpe Park, i looked at the MTD plan and saw the plan's that they released of where they were supposedly putting new things. According to that, the old Fungle Safari area is highlighted as a new ride. I am now thinking that this isn't coincidental. Am i looking to much into it?

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:00 am

Dom wrote:
I'm probably just over thinking this, but during Fright Nights i noticed that the old Fungle Safari was having work done to it. I didn't think much into it at the time because i thought it was to do with the dark ride. But having browsed Total Thorpe Park, i looked at the MTD plan and saw the plan's that they released of where they were supposedly putting new things. According to that, the old Fungle Safari area is highlighted as a new ride. I am now thinking that this isn't coincidental. Am i looking to much into it?

The fungle safari site is being used as an access point for things to get in and out for the arena demolition. Once the dark ride is finished (so 2017), expect something new on the old Fungle site.