UK theme parks from another point of view!

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Honestly, not really surprised by this. The pricing was high and the reception I had from others who had eaten there was overall negative. I would like to see the area used towards a new attraction since we do have a fair few outlets nearby.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:09 pm

I did eat there once and was disappointed by the food. I sort of like the area as it is as it has a nice transition from Jungle to Old Town, but I can see them using the space to add more games stalls or an arcade. A new ride would be awesome though.

ProfBurp
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:14 pm

To me it feels that the whole section of the park running from IAC, including what was Sticky Sisters (Assuming this has been removed after 1 season), Old town, rocky, slammer and of course Loggers has been neglected for some time. Many rumours have circulated regarding the redevelopment of the whole area. With so many past attractions being located in the area and not much redevelopment occurring, perhaps they are gearing up for this area to get a fresh new start in 2020, with what was supposed to the year of the new coaster opening, although as we are still waiting on any planning application to be submitted, maybe that is also on hold! Who knows, but in my opinion the whole section of the park is really looking worse for wear and needs a massive overhaul to bring it up-to-date and to match some of the other areas now refreshed. Music in the area was vastly improved with the iMA update, but we have all been waiting for something new to come along since. Poor Loggers sat untouched for many seasons, it is sad to see it left in such a state after the enjoyment it served many over the years. Fingers crossed 2020 will be the year to give this area the refresh it so desperately needs. Maybe the 40th birthday celebrations might also be a chance for TP to announce exciting plans for the future, who knows!

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Is there anythig preventing a Rollercoaster Resturant coming to Thorpe Park? it does not need to be exculsive to Alton Towers, and keeping it within the Merlin group is fine. Also I could see it gettting a bit mroe trade out of normal park times, being as TP is much more accesable than Alton Towers.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:52 pm

I would suspect just the unique selling point for Alton and money, limit the Roller Coaster Restaurant appearing elsewhere.

However, if I were to add one to Thorpe, I would put it in a potentially publicly accessible place, much nearer the front of the park.

ProfBurp
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:58 pm

it would be an incredible addition to TP if they were to add a Rollercoaster Restaurant, although, I think this would be better suited in a busier area of the park, or closer to the on-site hotel (when that opens!)

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
I would suspect just the unique selling point for Alton and money, limit the Roller Coaster Restaurant appearing elsewhere.

Of course it being unique to Alton Towers (at least in the UK) is a sales point, but whilst true it opened in 2016, I dont think its going to harm the one at AT, for a second one to open, geography of them alone makes it unlikely. 

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:09 pm

Whilst there is currently only 1 Rollercoaster Restaurant in the UK, the concept isn't exclusive to Alton Towers, they only licence it from Mack. That means other companies could also licence the concept and open a restaurant - in fact I think there are plans to bring one to the new development in Blackpool. With that in mind, it might be a good move to open a Rollercoaster Restaurant at Thorpe as it'd draw in people from the South who are not able to easily get to the ones at Towers and in Blackpool (if it goes ahead).

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:14 pm

It would certainly be an excellent addition, if they made the park into an actual resort.

I feel they could make a pretty decent small before-gate entertainment district, using the land containing the offices and designated for the hotel. The RCR alongside other things, such as a proper hotel, bars and other Merlin midway attractions, like escape rooms, and you would have a year round attraction.

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:43 pm

There is no question that if there was ever to be a prople hotel a RR should be a part of that.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Fortnite Land - NEW FOR SUMMER 2019

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:19 am

Thorpe Park Resort has announced a partnership with Epic Games for an awesometacular event to turn the "island like no other" into a "rush like no other".

"The fan response to our new gaming event in the summer has been incredible, so we are giving the fans what they want with Fortnite Land, a new limited time themed area for Thorpe Park where guests can have a great time, better than achieving a "Victory Royal" - Nick Varney

Ride Rethemes
Detonator will become "Battlebus Drop" where gamers can experience the thrill of jumping off the battlebus.
Storm in a Teacup will become "Chug Jug Mugs" mix the potions to regain your shields!
Rumba Rapids will become "Loot Lake Luge" take a spin and find some loot!
Angry Birds 4D will be replaced with a new Fortnite short film!

The event will start on June 31st

Link announcement:
https://bit.ly/IqT6zt
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!