UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Beat The Swarm!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Chris I think it's pretty safe to say that you've got the lifetime pass :) Lucky ;)

Well...I'm just wondering what's gonna happen with this guy. I mean, if he does another 7000, which is a possibility, he will overtake, on unfair grounds. It's just odd how it went up very quickly in under 24 hours and pretty much stopped? Think this guy needs to be reported.

EDIT: Just got a message back from Thorpe Park, they are investigating this now.

Hmmm...completely stopped at 6208...for a good 6 hours now...5600 inunder 24 hours and now completely stopped...hmm..
Last edited by Chris265265 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

martinjd84
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi Chris,

New on here! I reported him yesterday too as when I went to bed at 11:30 he was not on the leader bored but when I woke up at 7:30 he was on over 4000 clicks very suspicious! 

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:53 pm

martinjd84 wrote:
Hi Chris,

New on here! I reported him yesterday too as when I went to bed at 11:30 he was not on the leader bored but when I woke up at 7:30 he was on over 4000 clicks very suspicious!

I just find it really unfair on those people who work hard to get clicks, me, you, thesmiler, dropkick10, I have spent hours advertising and this stuff happens. It sucks.

martinjd84
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Very unfair if he has been cheating as I too have spent hours and hours posting my link every evening.

Hopfully Thorpe will find out soon.

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 pm

martinjd84 wrote:
Very unfair if he has been cheating as I too have spent hours and hours posting my link every evening.

Hopfully Thorpe will find out soon.

They really better do soon, his clicks went up suspiciously quick and now they are going steady, think he's trying to trick them. They will catch him though, they're looking at the first swarm of clicks as those are the ones which are most suspicious but they will look at all of them. Took a few days after reporting homer for it, they'll catch him eventually.
Last edited by Chris265265 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:14 am

Why haven't they got him off yet, I've been watching him all night (I do night shift, handy to notice patterns...) and he has been continuously going up all night in high intervals, which is strange since this is a uk competition, so surely if he's advertising, should stop in the night?

Oh well, took a few days for Thorpe Park to remove last cheater so not long hopefully :)
Last edited by Chris265265 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

martinjd84
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Chris265265 wrote:
Why haven't they got him off yet, I've been watching him all night (I do night shift, handy to notice patterns...) and he has been continuously going up all night in high intervals, which is strange since this is a uk competition, so surely if he's advertising, should stop in the night?

Oh well, took a few days for Thorpe Park to remove last cheater so not long hopefully :)

Not long left now so fingers crossed he is off soon! I have had no internet for a day so my clicks have suffered  :(

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm just trying to keep a lead on this in case the clicks are real, but I am 99% sure they aren't...they're non stop for the past god knows many hours. It's just a bit of a downer knowing all this hard work won't pay off and all this time of being 1st, gonna be a hard hit :/
Last edited by Chris265265 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubbaoke!
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Sorry Double Post,
Said I would post my opinions of The Swarm once I had been on, and was hoping for someone else to post as I can't seem to find the "edit" button! but if I don't do it now I never will!

The Swarm - I was worried about riding, Due to my Herculesesque frame... (did I say Hercules... I mean Mr Blobby)
Approched a Ride Op at the Batching point and was told that all seats were the same (Sorry Thrillmad) HOWEVER all the seats are the same in a good way, being of the larger size to begin with so Happy Days!

Rode 2 Times - Front Seat Right - Which is not what this topic is about (but amazing all the same). and Backwards Left.
I have a problem with it being backwards.... It just feels too much like a gimmick (which it is), after the drop, which it does really well, the overall ride experience is ruined.
There is nothing which makes me say "that was amazing" (apart from it made my wife feel really ill and kept her quiet for a bit, but thats another story...)

I hope they return The Swarm to it's full forward facing position next year and the Gimmick is just a 1 off. It's not worth the what will be a horrible Q time.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:40 pm

For me, the backwards gimmick is exactly what I expected. A pleasant, different ride experience which made me want to go on Swarm a couple more times. I maintain that it was a waste of money which could potentially have been spent elsewhere, but it was worth a go and I'd certainly do it again. In fact, I think I prefer backwards Swarm to forwards Swarm, albeit marginally.

It would be silly to change the trains back again next year, the money has been spent now. :)

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:29 pm

bubbaoke! wrote:
Sorry Double Post,
Said I would post my opinions of The Swarm once I had been on, and was hoping for someone else to post as I can't seem to find the "edit" button! but if I don't do it now I never will!

The Swarm - I was worried about riding, Due to my Herculesesque frame... (did I say Hercules... I mean Mr Blobby)
Approched a Ride Op at the Batching point and was told that all seats were the same (Sorry Thrillmad) HOWEVER all the seats are the same in a good way, being of the larger size to begin with so Happy Days!

Rode 2 Times - Front Seat Right - Which is not what this topic is about (but amazing all the same). and Backwards Left.
I have a problem with it being backwards.... It just feels too much like a gimmick (which it is), after the drop, which it does really well, the overall ride experience is ruined.
There is nothing which makes me say "that was amazing" (apart from it made my wife feel really ill and kept her quiet for a bit, but thats another story...)

I hope they return The Swarm to it's full forward facing position next year and the Gimmick is just a 1 off. It's not worth the what will be a horrible Q time.

But I didn't say which rows  ;)

martinjd84
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:05 pm

I take it he is not being disqualified?  :x

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:32 pm

The reason they reversed the back seats on The Swarm on its 2nd year of running was because the GP thought it lacked of intensity, which is why they reversed the seats and added a near miss. I also noticed 2 other B&M coasters this year have had reversed seats which means B&M must be testing reversed seats on 3 different types of coasters: wing rider, sitting and inverted coasters. The near miss billboard is great, however the ride is themed on a British village and a massive billboard in a village seems a bit weird to me, also the near miss board doesn't effect the last two rows and mainly effects the front row.

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:38 pm

I think...
- The three coasters that have had the reverse treatment on them (Hollywood Dream, Swarm and Batman) are preparation and research for a B&M 4D coaster in the works
- The magnetic brakes now being used on some B&M coasters (such as Krake) is B&M getting closer to building a launch coaster!

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Ma®©us wrote:
The reason they reversed the back seats on The Swarm on its 2nd year of running was because the GP thought it lacked of intensity, which is why they reversed the seats and added a near miss. I also noticed 2 other B&M coasters this year have had reversed seats which means B&M must be testing reversed seats on 3 different types of coasters: wing rider, sitting and inverted coasters. The near miss billboard is great, however the ride is themed on a British village and a massive billboard in a village seems a bit weird to me, also the near miss board doesn't effect the last two rows and mainly effects the front row.

Would love the back row of Nemesis to be turned backwards :D

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 am

**** YES!

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:53 am

Can't believe I won!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 am

Chris265265 wrote:
Can't believe I won!

Really ;) You had way more clicks than anyone else apart from Thorpeparkjoe!

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:13 am

Yeah but I didn't expect it to go as well as it did. I was awake from 10am till 12am constant advertising all day - was hard work

Chris265265
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:14 am

I just wanna know when and how they will contact us about claiming prizes.