UK theme parks from another point of view!

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Swarm

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:01 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but on Thorpe's 2019 logo thingy the back two rows of The Swarm are reversed. Now it's possible (likely) that they just used previous promotional images and shoved them together but the track is shaped to fit the infinity logo. I did love brave it backwards and would love to see it return.
Attachments
20190316_215327.jpg
20190316_215327.jpg (161.95 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:34 pm

I doubt brave it backwards would return due to the health and safety side of it. I imagine this is just a stock image that Thorpe had that was best suited for the image.

I would love to see it return in the future but I think its highly unlikely.
Last edited by DeadJack5 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Backwards was really good, but intense. I doubt they would ever repeat it now!

PsychOXRat
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:48 am

I miss The Swarm's backwards rows, for some reason they seemed smoother to ride on, and in the event of a rainy day it meant you could still enjoy the ride without getting as soaked. I hope they do bring it back someday

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:05 pm

Be aware on The Swarm, they have started to use the queue line a little differently now. If you arrive and spot there is seemingly no queue, just keep in mind that they may be using the old overflow.

Was surprised to see this being used rather than the normal queue line. As it certainly didn't seem busy enough to warrant the full queue and extension queue today.

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:04 pm

Not surprised to be honest. With it being Easter and one of the hottest weekends so far, then it makes sense to have it open, although it is such a bore queueing in that area as you're tucked away from everything. I'd say that after the weekend has passed it will be closed up again until school season and the summer holidays.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:18 am

I guess it makes sense to have that open first if they expect a long queue, as opening that after they already have a long queue would be a pain for batching, with the time it would take for the front of the queue to get back to the station.

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:24 am

It is one of the slowest moving parts of the queue, so I expect you are right with saying it would take a while to clear.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:38 pm

The exit turnstiles have broken. They're no longer affixed to the ground and so instead of rotating, the entire frame moves. Watched a lot of people get caught in them. The left station is particularly awful.

But the queue line audio was working, as were the TV screens in the unused today overflow. So there's that! :lol

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Well they fixed the exit turnstile problem on the left side...

The winds caused a fair amount of disruption today as expected, but interestingly once it was open the ride felt very slow in the weather conditions, making nearly every element feel like a stall turn. Was different and fun!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:53 pm

After smelling like the water system has had a fairly significant clean, the water jets by the helicopter are back on! :)

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 pm

It was good to see them back on last weekend. Hopefully, they will get the TV screens and audio sorted too as it certainly adds to the area!

KaiPhillips
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:42 pm

Some screens were on today.
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 Flug der Damonen #6 The Swarm #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA