UK theme parks from another point of view!

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 18
 
User avatar
Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 245
Joined: March 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:17 am

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote:
When did thorpe park open!?!? I thought it opend today at ten !!!!! Where did you get the pictures from?

They're from a website called 'xplorercentral'
I believe yesterday was a staff preview day but i'm not sure
 
Sam198
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 791
Joined: October 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Image
 
User avatar
Roodlesnouter
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 379
Joined: February 2012
Location: Wishing I was in Orlando
Contact:

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Tight squeeze :|

Great pic where is it from Sam?
 
User avatar
Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 245
Joined: March 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Brave it Backwards sign:
Image

Also, good to see the fire working:
Image
 
User avatar
TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 177
Joined: December 2012
Location: Thatcham-Berkshire

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:18 pm

I see every one has said they got tickets to ride the swarm backwards, does this mean in the future you have to buy a ticket to ride it backwards?
Image
 
User avatar
Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 245
Joined: March 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:51 pm

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote:
I see every one has said they got tickets to ride the swarm backwards, does this mean in the future you have to buy a ticket to ride it backwards?

No, you don't need tickets to ride backwards as far as I know
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4309
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:20 pm

Krazycoaster wrote:
TheBoyWithOneEye wrote:
I see every one has said they got tickets to ride the swarm backwards, does this mean in the future you have to buy a ticket to ride it backwards?

No, you don't need tickets to ride backwards as far as I know


I believe that they've made the old fasttrack queue, into a queue for the backwards seats, so that's how they're sorting that out.
Image
 
User avatar
TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 177
Joined: December 2012
Location: Thatcham-Berkshire

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Ok, i still dont get why every one is saying they have bought there backrow tickets for the swarm...... :?
Image
 
User avatar
Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 245
Joined: March 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:26 pm

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote:
Ok, i still dont get why every one is saying they have bought there backrow tickets for the swarm...... :?

Well today was the annual passholder day and there was only a limited number of tickets available so that might be where you're getting confused
 
User avatar
TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 177
Joined: December 2012
Location: Thatcham-Berkshire

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Ohhhhhhhh i see!!! So has anyone got any videos of the swarm backwards yet? Also how does the queing system work?  :? This ide is so confusing
Last edited by TheBoyWithOneEye on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
 
User avatar
danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 73
Joined: August 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Didn't the Thorpe Park official Facebook page hold a competition for the slogan to be on the billboard? And the winner was 'War has evolved', however It's not on there.
 
User avatar
Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 245
Joined: March 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:28 pm

danwhit709 wrote:
Didn't the Thorpe Park official Facebook page hold a competition for the slogan to be on the billboard? And the winner was 'War has evolved', however It's not on there.

Yeah it wasn't used. Bit awkward on their part
 
User avatar
Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 245
Joined: March 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:30 pm

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote:
Ohhhhhhhh i see!!! So has anyone got any videos of the swarm backwards yet? Also how does the queing system work?  :? This ide is so confusing

There's a separate backseat queue which you follow to ride. This means you have to queue much longer than the standard queue.
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4309
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:34 pm

Krazycoaster wrote:
danwhit709 wrote:
Didn't the Thorpe Park official Facebook page hold a competition for the slogan to be on the billboard? And the winner was 'War has evolved', however It's not on there.

Yeah it wasn't used. Bit awkward on their part


I think mine was better ;) 'We were warned. We still ignored.'
Image
 
User avatar
Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 245
Joined: March 2012

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:38 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Krazycoaster wrote:
danwhit709 wrote:
Didn't the Thorpe Park official Facebook page hold a competition for the slogan to be on the billboard? And the winner was 'War has evolved', however It's not on there.

Yeah it wasn't used. Bit awkward on their part


I think mine was better ;) 'We were warned. We still ignored.'

I like it :D
 
User avatar
bensaund
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 2012
Location: Berkshire

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 pm

I love "Don't loose your head" it works well and the near miss is great and if your on the left hand side you get a double near miss on the board too. A good addition.

But I would still have wanted the money spent elsewhere in the park.
If you go down to the woods today
 
Luce
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1750
Joined: February 2005
Location: Sussex

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 am

I went to Thorpe yesterday for the annual pass day and I have to say, riding The Swarm backwards is really good. It made for a unique ride experience while at the same time being strange because you know what to expect with regard to layout but seeing it in a different way gives it a new thrill if you like. 
Image
 
User avatar
The Crab of Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 124
Joined: October 2011
Location: Beneath the crabs tentacles

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:06 am

Luce wrote:
I went to Thorpe yesterday for the annual pass day and I have to say, riding The Swarm backwards is really good. It made for a unique ride experience while at the same time being strange because you know what to expect with regard to layout but seeing it in a different way gives it a new thrill if you like.


I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more. If anything I found the backwards experience dull and also quite sickness inducing. I was starting to wonder if I'd over-rated Swarm in my mind over the closed season, but riding forwards again confirms that it is still great the right way round!

Guess it's a case of each to their own!
Image
ImageSince 2008
 
Luce
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1750
Joined: February 2005
Location: Sussex

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Yes, I guess everyone will have different opinions of the modifications - I have quite a strong stomach for rides and personally didn't find it nauseous but The Swarm is stilll fantastic forwards too, especially the new billboard near miss :)
Image
 
User avatar
schmatt
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 83
Joined: September 2012
Location: Redditch

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:15 pm

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 18

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests